This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jackie View Post
    how about she's brought in for a guest spot in an au ep where Rodney goes to another universe and find Colonel Sheppard is Jane Sheppard and was born a girl. Naturally he gets all stupid around her because she's tall, blonde and their version of Sam.

He gets her all PO and she beats the crap out of him and he goes back to his own reality.

Hmm, sounds kind of like BSG...never mind.
    I think this is a fantastic idea. I could see her as a female John Shepard. What a funny episode that would be.

Comment

I am still trying to get over River shooting Bra'tac. Really don't need to see Starbuck kirking it with Sheppard.
      : I would very much like to have a weapon such as this.
      : Yeah, Get in line.

Comment

No, no, how about Claudia Black in St -- oh, wait.
        If you've seen a Jeff O'Connor or a JeffZero or a Jeff Zero or a JeffZeroConnor elsewhere on the net, there's a considerable chance it's me.

Comment

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire View Post
          It costs maybe 2X more, not the 10X that you claimed. Quite a difference!

Full frontal nudity in BSG? The only full frontal nudity I can think of is in SG1's CotG!

Yes, there is more of a focus on sex than the Stargates. BSG as a whole is a more complex and adult show than SGA - it looks at genocide, torture, self-destructive behavior, depression, betrayal, etc. far more in depth than SGA. But come on, there isn't sex in every ep. Not even close.
          I wouldn't say it's a more adult show than SGA. BSG is a more depressing show. Now I don't mean to diss the show, but after every episode, I just feel sad and depressed, unlike after watching SGA, I actually feel happy and entertained.
          These are the wrong people... in the wrong place.

Comment

Battlestar Galactica is a genuine, top-of-the-line space opera. Its consistent, uber-mature dealings with powerful, relevant, real-world-esque issues give it a very dry aftertaste, despite a mouthwateringly tantalizing main course.

Neither Stargate series has ever confessed itself to be a space opera; you can argue the point, but you'd have to take it up with Mallozzi, because it was in his very blog that he made such a counterpoint when defending why darker, deeper cuts don't happen so often. For this, as they're both more of your typical sci-fi deal, it can be just as tasty, but it doesn't ask you to end the episode pondering things on a sociopolitical, longer-impact scale, and getting a bit less sleep that night because you're afraid of what will happen with a certain character immediately after the upcoming episode begins. (Though suffice it to say, we do that anyway.)

Even despite all this, I think an excellent example of a show that really spliced both elements would be Farscape. In its first couple of seasons, not so much, though from time to time, sure. In its latter seasons, though, there were moments that felt Galactica-esque in terms of depth and long-lasting impact on a viewer's mind, and while it shared a much broader sci-fi element akin to Stargate than BSG would ever be caught dead with, it pulled itself off as a space opera with more ongoing arcs and consequences even from the very beginning.

Galactica does this all the time, as in-your-face as possible, and doesn't concern itself with in-between fillers. (Well, it does, but the fanbase tend to find the filler episodes disgusting in comparison to the main ones; at least with Stargate, the fillers don't feel so terribly dissatisfying, as we're accustomed to them and while there are arcs, they aren't so completely all-encompassing as to make us cringe every time they aren't being immediately followed up.)

...Why did I even post all this? I don't know...
            If you've seen a Jeff O'Connor or a JeffZero or a Jeff Zero or a JeffZeroConnor elsewhere on the net, there's a considerable chance it's me.

Comment

Originally posted by reddevil18 View Post
              I'd LOVE for her to appear in an episode...if she ends up dying in a horribly violent manner.
              LMAO, you read my mind. I hate the character Starbuck on BSG, hate the actress and most of all would HATE seeing her on Atlantis.
              Kevan Smith: "I shoot it, I go home, I get drunk."

Comment

It would be bad if katee sackhoff were to appear in atlantis she is the worst actress i've ever seen all she did was giggle and sleep her way through battlestar galactica.

She is nothing more than a female version of captain kirk her rank on galactica
                should be ship's ho.

i agree with reddevil18 the only good atlantis episode would be one in which she died very horribly torture,blood,guts,dismemberment.

Comment

I've only seen her in two roles: nBSG and Bionic Woman. And I didn't like her character in either. If she gets cast for a similar type of character, I wouldn't like it.

Comment

Originally posted by Professor Chaos View Post
                    LMAO, you read my mind. I hate the character Starbuck on BSG, hate the actress and most of all would HATE seeing her on Atlantis.
                    Ron Moore's biggest mistake was reworking the whole BSG story Starbuck being one of them. Casting a female in a male role was done for one reason and one reason only. Just like making the Cylons human and the lead being an uber hot blonde woman who wore clothes maybe a whole 10 minutes each episode? Please keep Katee off of SGA.
                    Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                    "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                    Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Not read any of the posts aprt from the first, BUT i have gotta say that i would hate to see her in sga because she is starbuck, end off!

Click Signature for my take on all things in life, also known as my BLOG!!
                      Please Read and if it interest you make a comment

Atlantis -
                      SG1 -

Comment

Working...
                      X