Ronon's hair

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SaberBlade View Post
    I don't think Teal'c ever explained why he grew hair, or the golden worm on his chin. I just remember O'Neill asking with a puzzled look on his face "Teal'c, what's with the hair?" and his chin worm, I am not sure if that Judge's bad idea or not.
    Actually, CJ had the small beard in season 4 after saving Thor. Daniel gave a curious look, but Jack stopped him from commenting. In season 8, after Jack was revived, he asked 'What's with the hair?' and never received an answer.

*Wakes in a daze* What the...? Oh no! My Inner Geek is getting lose! Must Stop Geekyness!!

The Brains
    The Heart
    The Soul
    The Strength
    The Voice of Reason
    The Will

It's My Atlantis

^_^,ll..

Comment

I'm surprised that your little face wasn't crying too. ;0D

Comment

How can Rodney call him "the Caveman" now? ;0D

Comment

Originally posted by McKaysLady View Post
          How can Rodney call him "the Caveman" now? ;0D
          Actually, that could be an interesting way of introducing the new hair!

McKay: *notices lack o'dreds and sputters* Wha...? Oh my gosh, what...
          Ronon: What?
          McKay: Your hair! Where did it go? It's all...not there!
          Ronon: *rolls his eyes and walks away*
          Sheppard: Maybe he got tired of you referring to him as "The Caveman"
          McKay: Oh, and 'Chewie' was so much better?
          *banterbanterbanter*
          Sheppard: What do you think happened to the hair, Teyla?
          Teyla: I believe Dr. Zelenka mentioned chewing gum and the children on M7G-677...
          *~*

*~*

Spoiler:
          *~*
          sigpic
          *~*
          photo manip by SGKawoosh, based on my crazy dream about the Earth being destroyed and the Asgard, wearing flannel and jeans, saving SG-1. Yah, my dreams are usually that messed up.

Comment

I say, to account for the new do, that he should somehow be close to an explosion and it burns off a large part of his dreads. With no way of fixing it, he decides to cut them off. Then, have it part of a bonding moment where someone, say Rodney, gets to cut them off. It could also be used as a moment where Ronon sheds his "Hunted Rebellious Warrior" past and finally fully embraces his new home and family. If done right, it could be a really good bonding moment for the team and cast. They could even make the dreads to have some sort of meaning to Ronon, like a "badge of honor" for Satedans, like, perhaps, only the top warrior could have them, or something like that. This way, in cutting them off, he would be symbolically cutting away his past and his horrors. And in having one of the team members doing the cutting, would be really fitting.
            Wraith, the OTHER white meat.
            Loyalty above all else, except Honor.

Comment

He cuts of his dreads for charity- the Satedan Orphans Organization or something.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post
                Ah, but they'd be alien corn rows! That'd make them exotic!
                Then why have corn rows? Instead, why not have potato rows, or perhaps pumpkin rows, or even wheat rows? lol. *tongue in cheek*
                Last edited by Freekzilla; 14 November 2007, 04:57 PM.
                Wraith, the OTHER white meat.
                Loyalty above all else, except Honor.

Comment

Originally posted by Freekzilla View Post
                  Then why have corn rows? Instead, why not have potato rows, or perhaps pumpkin rows, or even wheat rows? lol. *tongue in cheek*
                  Why must there be rows at all?

Comment

If you haven't seen already, pictures of Jason with short hair here:

http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....ostcount=39189

Comment

Originally posted by prion View Post
                      If you haven't seen already, pictures of Jason with short hair here:

http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....ostcount=39189
                      Is that a pink razor he's holding? Maybe that should be part of the character transformation. Although it could overshadow the lost dreads.

Mckay: "Ronon! What happened to your- wait a second. Is that a *pink* razor? What the heck is up with you? Stealing Teyla's phone, shame on you!"
                      Teyla: "I believe he stole it from Dr. Zelenka."
                      *everyone turns to Dr. Z*
                      Zelenka: "What? I've been told it brings out my eyes!"
                      sigpic
                      It was Arrested Development

Comment

I get the distinct feeling that tptb are reading this thread with great interest LOL.

Comment

I can't i'm liking his new style.

That said, it's not a great angle because you can't really see it proper, it just looks to be a big ball of hair on his head so i'm hoping that when it's combed or styled differently i'll be able to make a more observed decision.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by stclare View Post
                            Where's Ronan gonna keep his spare knives???? ((shudders))
                            Oh noes! Good point!

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
                            Not a big deal I'm sure he'll look fine though since I don't look for that. Still I'm sure they are getting frustrated with him making decisions without talking to them first.
                            As said above, he did ask first. According to JM's blog he asked if he could lose the dreads and, after a conference with Jason and his hair consultant (or some such!) they agreed he could cut them off as long as he kept them and that they could be sewn back on prior to filming on Season 5. From what JM said, Ronon has to have dreads in the first ep of Season 5 because the story will be picking up from right after the events of the Season 4 finale (like with First Strike and Adrift).

Originally posted by CalmStorm View Post
                            It would seem odd to cut them off and then spend 4 hours having them re-attached, then taking them off, then having them re-attached. Nothing is impossible though. You would think that if the look were that important and they planned on keeping it for the entire season, that they could accommodate him with a wig and not a 4 hour proceedure.
                            Originally posted by arjumand View Post
                            AFAIK at the top if this thread it says (from Mallozzi's blog) that he did ask, and after consideration, was told that he could cut them, as long as he kept the dreads, at which point they would decide what to do in the season opener, which would be the conclusion to the usual cliff-hanger.
                            JM corrected himself and said it wasn't a 4 hour procedure to sew the dreads back on - it would actuall take a few days! From my understanding, it wouldn't be a case of attaching the dreads each day.. they would be sewn on and stay on for as long as needed. If you've ever watched Red Dwarf.. Craig Charles had the dreads (which he hated!) sewn on at the beginning of filming and kept them until filming finished. It would effectively be.. well, not so much a wig.. more like a weave I guess...

Originally posted by SG13-NightOps View Post
                            Thankfully, my 'bestie' is going to Collectormania, she can send me photos! So Jealous
                            Me too! I'll be able to share photos on Saturday evening! *bounces*

Originally posted by wheresmyfroggy View Post
                            Is that a pink razor he's holding? Maybe that should be part of the character transformation. Although it could overshadow the lost dreads.

Mckay: "Ronon! What happened to your- wait a second. Is that a *pink* razor? What the heck is up with you? Stealing Teyla's phone, shame on you!"
                            Teyla: "I believe he stole it from Dr. Zelenka."
                            *everyone turns to Dr. Z*
                            Zelenka: "What? I've been told it brings out my eyes!"
                            Hey. If the photos on JM's blog are anything to go by, Jason probably bought the Razr to match his pink cadillac!
                            sigpic

Comment

Had anyone considered that Sheppard might get him into the US Air Force? He is an experienced soldier with refugee status (homeland obliterated). I think he'd make a fine officer.

It would explain the lack of facial hair/dreadlocks (military regulations) as well as just being bad ass.

Comment

Originally posted by Ranlier View Post
                                Had anyone considered that Sheppard might get him into the US Air Force? He is an experienced soldier with refugee status (homeland obliterated). I think he'd make a fine officer.

It would explain the lack of facial hair/dreadlocks (military regulations) as well as just being bad ass.
                                That seems highly unlikely.

Comment

Working...
                                X