Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Keep SG1 out of SGA! Its bad enough we got, who we got.

Comment

Originally posted by FireCat View Post
      I second that.
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by FireCat View Post
        I have no problem with Carter coming over but anyone else (e.g. Daniel) would be too much imo
        sigpic
        The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

From Sci-fi, The Horse's Mouth...

"Atlantis truly came out from under the shadow of its sister series this year and proved that it's a hit in its own right. With this season's exciting new characters and vibrant storylines, Atlantis also shows every sign of matching its sibling's longevity."

Enough said.

Carter and Keller are ok to keep!
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post

"Atlantis truly came out from under the shadow of its sister series this year and proved that it's a hit in its own right. With this season's exciting new characters and vibrant storylines, Atlantis also shows every sign of matching its sibling's longevity."

Enough said.
            Mark Stern wants to keep his job and will say anything to the press to make his channel look better than it is. Remember, he is the one running around calling Trash Gordon, Skiffy's latest big HIT!

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Originally posted by FoolishPleasure View Post
              Mark Stern wants to keep his job and will say anything to the press to make his channel look better than it is. Remember, he is the one running around calling Trash Gordon, Skiffy's latest big HIT!
              Since the show lost half it's viewers from the premiere to the 2nd episode, I don't think you will see Flash Gordon in any postive press releases, lol.
              sigpic

Comment

I don't want to see:

-Lucius, even if just to kill him off, even if it's just a passing mention of him, even if he's somehow incorporated into the "evolved" 100th ep as a joke. No. Never again.

-Any SG-1 member besides Carter who is in more than 2 eps. And no, that doesn't mean I'm okay with every SG-1 member having 2 eps each. This show is "Stargate: Atlantis", not "Stargate: second home for all those poor SG1 characters".

Comment

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire View Post
                  I don't want to see:

-Lucius, even if just to kill him off, even if it's just a passing mention of him, even if he's somehow incorporated into the "evolved" 100th ep as a joke. No. Never again.

-Any SG-1 member besides Carter who is in more than 2 eps. And no, that doesn't mean I'm okay with every SG-1 member having 2 eps each. This show is "Stargate: Atlantis", not "Stargate: second home for all those poor SG1 characters".
                  I agree, I felt that when SG-1 ended there was a chance one member would go over to Atlantis for a regular role. But no more after that. SGA is it's own show and now with a 5th season it can really shine!

As per Lucius, yeah keep him off the show.
                  sigpic

Comment

I want it to stay as is however I don't mind if Carson comes back for a few eps as long as *the other doctor I can't mention in here* still stays. I don't really want Weir back it will be too confusing not to mention uncomfortable for Carter. Don't mind a few guest apearences for a few old friends so like I said leave as is.
                    Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                    "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                    Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
                      I want it to stay as is however I don't mind if Carson comes back for a few eps as long as *the other doctor I can't mention in here* still stays. I don't really want Weir back it will be too confusing not to mention uncomfortable for Carter. Don't mind a few guest apearences for a few old friends so like I said leave as is.
                      Why would it be uncomfortable for Carter? I don't really see why. I get that Weir isn't one of your favourite character. I like Sam Carter and I seriously don't think having Dr. Weir back for a few episodes would be bad. Sam is the leader now, having Weir back certainly won't change that. She's been through too many things to be allowed to be put in charge again, so don't worry, Carter's pretty safe and will remain in command.

I don't see how it can be confusing either; as to have the old leader - I don't know, possibly turned bad as she's now some sort of replicator ( bc we don't really know if she's been reprogramed or not yet ) back in Atlantis, likely in quarantine/jail... whatever. Story-wise we don't know what the writers may come up with. As long as the story's good and plausible, it's likely Weir can come back to Atlantis without bothering Carter, on the contrary I believe this could bring some nice character interactions and development ( if Weir isn't dead by the end of s4 but then again it's SciFi, tptb can do whatever they want ). But again, that's just my opinion.

Character I don't want to see on Atlantis in s5 : Lucius.

Comment

My votes:
                        1. Lucius - Brrr. He wasn't funny, rather annoying. I would like to laugh with my heroes and not on their discomfort or unhappiness.
                        2. Ellis - He has a terrible accent and it seems they created the whole "Apollo" ship and his character, because Mitch Pilleggi (Caldwell) wasn't available for First Strike.
                        3. Kolya - He died, so every option for returning would be strained after Beckett's similar fate.
                        "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Originally posted by Arturis View Post
                          Yes... no Lucius... unless it's to see him die a horrible death as Wraith food... THAT and only that would be worth seeing him again.
                          Originally posted by FoolishPleasure View Post
                          TPTB at Skiffy put the spin on much of what they say, believe me.

Excuse me? Lucius die a horrible death by Wraith? Heck, I don't want that. I just want to hear the SPLAT on the gate's iris when he tries to get through, In other words, don't want to see him at all

Comment

I like almost everybody but:

1. No Lucius! <yuck>

2. No more SG1!!! Ok. Fine. Jack would be good (and I looove General Hammond).

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Stern

Yes, I can see how SG-1 characters, plots, and bad guys went a long way to distinguish Atlantis as both a unique and viable series.

Comment

I agree with a few people here. Keep away Lucius and keep everyone else as they are. The show is getting a ton better this season than the past seasons. Perhaps adding in the new characters are moving the show to the next level.

Comment

Working...
                                X