Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question on the "distraction" (Spoilers)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes opinions differ, but a Plot Hole is either a plot hole or it is not. This is not.

Comment

Originally posted by Serebii View Post
      Yes opinions differ, but a Plot Hole is either a plot hole or it is not. This is not.
      of course it was a plot hole
      Stolen Kosovo
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by g.o.d View Post
        of course it was a plot hole
        No it clearly wasn't. You really should check the definition of plot hole. Plot Holes arent just things you dont like

Comment

No it clearly wasn't. You really should check the definition of plot hole. Plot Holes arent just things you dont like

of course, they arent. If they were, then the whole SGA would a giant plot hole
          Stolen Kosovo
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by g.o.d View Post
            of course, they arent. If they were, then the whole SGA would a giant plot hole
            Which is my point. You're just pinning the term Plot Hole on everything to try and justify you constantly moaning about it.

Sure you can moan about it, but use correct terms

Comment

Which is my point. You're just pinning the term Plot Hole on everything to try and justify you constantly moaning about it.

Sure you can moan about it, but use correct terms

I won't repeat myself or other people....it has been said many times.
              Stolen Kosovo
              sigpic

Comment

if they did send one person to distract the ships i would think sheppard would volunteer(the nanite made one)

while the others go with the real team

mckay would be an asset to the real team not sure about the others
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by wise one View Post
                  if they did send one person to distract the ships i would think sheppard would volunteer(the nanite made one)

while the others go with the real team

mckay would be an asset to the real team not sure about the others
                  I thought I was the only one thinking of this. I was wrong. Great minds think alike .

I won't repeat myself or other people....it has been said many times.
                  I know how you feel

Comment

Ok, you know what? Please tell me what this plot hole is. Quote your earlier posts if you don't want to waste the effort. JM's explanation that they were also trying to escape makes perfect sense to me, and for once I cannot see why it won't make sense for others. Please, enlighten me.

Originally posted by Integrabyte View Post
                    I must agree with what you say otherwise you are gonna go all mod on me and red me for not sharing your wisdom. Yes PG15 you are right and on my ignore list.
                    Looks like my red didn't teach you anything. More will be forthcoming until you learn not to dismiss others' opinions based on a generalization that you've mistakenly believed. I'm not being a mod, just someone who's had enough of fandom's crap.

Comment

It makes sense for the "rebel-cator team" to do their distraction thing.

Let's consider their alternative, returning to Atlantis, and why they cannot / do not want to.

1. Repli-Weir said that they didn't want to be considered "less" than the original team.

2. Repli-Sheppard said they would be a security risk.

3. Repli-Ronon (and original Ronon) doesn't like the idea of two Ronon's running around. As far as he is concerned, he is the only one.

There will obviously be huge amounts of confusion and also distrust if the replicated team were to go back to Atlantis. And people will treat them as the "second team", not the same as the first. Repli-McKay wouldn't be the chief scientist, the original would.

Honestly, I wouldn't trust any of the replicated team members, how do we know they are not lying? After the replicated and the real team met up I was actually hoping that the replicated team will get killed off so we don't have to worry about conflict between the original and the duplicates.

I also think that the replicated team, being duplicates of their originals, would realise that they can't go back to Atlantis. If the situation was reversed, they wouldn't trust themselves either. When the replicated team volunteered themselves as a distraction, I believe they were voicing an unspoken desire by the original team. After all, if one team has to sacrifice themselves for the other, it has to be the replicated team. I believe the original team was too unselfish to suggest this, and the replicated team knows what they would want if the situation was reversed so they volunteered themselves so that the original team would not have to bring it up.

I actually breathed a sigh of relief when I saw the replicators shoot down the replicated team. I thought they would bring a new source of conflict rather than solutions. Of course, we don't know if they are actually dead yet, but it seems pretty likely. There may be other "ascension-seeking" factions though.

The episode brings up a lot of good ideas about what makes you human, etc, but doesn't leave enough time to develop it (I don't think it's ever possible to develop a good idea in 40ish minutes).
                      sine sine cosine sine,
                      three point one four one five nine!
                      Originally posted by Brad Wright Q&A on Mallozzi's Blog
                      [in response to a question about fan reaction to SGA's cancellation]

Wright: You guys are actually pretty predictable (take no offense, most fan groups are). Unfortunately, you represent a very small portion of the actual viewing audience we need for financial success.
                      This is the reality. Accept it.

Comment

Personally, I think they're all still alive. I know its a longshot, but there's no way TPTB would kill them off like that, it'd be almost as bad as killing the real ones IMO. So I think they're still around somewhere.

Originally posted by IcyNeko View Post
                        I prefer teamfortress 2 than legos. Too many pieces get stuck together and incredibly hard to get apart.
                        Wow, I didn't know anyone else played TF2 on this forum. Awesome.
                        Folding@Home|Babylon 5 Canon Guide

Delenn: This is Ambassador Delenn of the Minbari. Babylon 5 is under our protection. Withdraw,...or be destroyed.
                        Earth Captain: Negative. We have authority here. Do not force us to engage your ship.
                        Delenn: Why not? Only one human captain has ever survived battle with a Minbari fleet. He is behind me. You are in front of me. If you value your lives, be somewhere else.
                        --Babylon 5 - "Severed Dreams"

Comment

Originally posted by Xicer View Post
                          Personally, I think they're all still alive. I know its a longshot, but there's no way TPTB would kill them off like that, it'd be almost as bad as killing the real ones IMO. So I think they're still around somewhere.
                          well technically TMC was the first ep of a 3 parter, it would make sense to not kill them off. however if teh duplicate team's still alive I'd bet they won't survive BAMSR or Spoils of War
                          sigpic
                          The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

I think they did it because they knew they couldn't be killed. Remember what's his name's daughter from Miller's Crossing? I think they all woke up and are going to do their best to cause problems for the Replicators.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jumper_One View Post
                              well technically TMC was the first ep of a 3 parter, it would make sense to not kill them off. however if teh duplicate team's still alive I'd bet they won't survive BAMSR or Spoils of War
                              Pretty low chance so probably not. However, I'd love to see the whole lot of them dumped on the Travellers. That way, they can go off and combat the Wraith without being in a position to be lesser versions as they would be in Atlantis.

Comment

One or all of them will likely return in some way.

Comment

Working...
                                X