Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question on the "distraction" (Spoilers)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by g.o.d View Post
    that's because I hate stupid and useless death in scifi.
    In other words, most of it? Stupid and pointless death is subjective to the viewer and a lot of "stupid and pointless" deaths aren't that stupid or pointless. Some are poorly executed but not stupid and not pointless.

the Asgard,
    Spoiler:
    the Ori were killed offscreen
    , real Elizabeth was killed offscreen and now those duplicates
    The Asgard were a goner race for a very long time and no one should have been surprised by that. As to the other, it's alluded to but like Weir, not confirmed. "Off screen" is usually a fake out and easy way to write a supposed character or race off but then bring them back later with some explanation of how they couldn't possibly have died.

Comment

To be honest, having a duplicate of all of Atlantis crew would be a pretty annoying loose thread.

Probably best to get rid of them as quick as possible. They'd served their purpose, no point in dragging out the inevitable.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ranlier View Post
        Why, why exactly did they need all five team members to pilot the runaway jumper when only one would do? Since they're not genetic clones, the ancient gene shouldn't have come into play. Have 1 repli-team member pilot the jumper, while the rest come back to Atlantis and get shot with ARGs to take out the nanites.

I'd love to see that skill set repeated over, but I know its not feasable from a writer's standpoint.
        Maybe cause the enemy was scanning for life signs and had them peggd. So if a jumper with a single person on it went away they would have known it was a distraction..

Comment

the Asurans were homing in on a beacon on the puddle jumper, not on the 5 repli-SGA team, and the replicators have no idea that the rebel repli have created 5-clone SGA (unless a captured rebel repli gave up the info on the clones). Maybe clones want to take this opportunity to prove that they are just as good as the real SGA team.

Comment

Originally posted by VastlySuperiorStuff View Post
            I think that's it. There needed to be five of them on the PJ. But I also think, as Elizabeth said, sacrificing themselves to save someone else is exactly what the human team would do, and she wanted to prove she was human. <sniff>
            Why would thier need to be 5? The Reps had no idea that they cloned Wier and they only knew that the team had 4 members so I would think 5 would be a dead give away that somthing was wrong.

But the rest or your statement I agree with.

Comment

I have a feeling that they probably interrogated the Rep-Rebels about what they were doing. If they did, then they'd know that 5 rep rebels had escaped.

Comment

JM's blog:

The puddle jumper is shot down while the real team makes good their escape: The question I’ve seen asked is “Why did all of the duplicates sacrifice themselves in the puddle jumper?” The answer is: because they didn’t think they’d necessarily be sacrificing themselves. Although their intention was to draw the replicators away from the gate so that the real team could get away, the duplicates were attempting to escape themselves.

I don't if he's serious or he thinks we're idiots so we're buy it
                Stolen Kosovo
                sigpic

Comment

What are you talking about? They tried to cloak the ship, so they obviously thought they were going to escape.

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
                    What are you talking about? They tried to cloak the ship, so they obviously thought they were going to escape.
                    yeah, I got it. But only one of them could have flied PJ, not all of them. This is the thing which I don't understand.
                    Stolen Kosovo
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by g.o.d View Post
                      yeah, I got it. But only one of them could have flied PJ, not all of them. This is the thing which I don't understand.
                      Said it before and I was going to say it again

PLOT HOLE

I won't find excuses to justify their action in this episode. Done it a million times . Its about time I put my foot down .

Comment

I don't understand what either of you are talking about, they obviously were planning on leading them away, cloaking, and then escaping through the gate, sounds like something they'd do, it's not like they did it expecting to be shot down is it?

Comment

Indeed. No point having only one person in the PJ when all of them want to get away.

Originally posted by Integrabyte View Post

PLOT HOLE

I won't find excuses to justify their action in this episode. Done it a million times . Its about time I put my foot down .
                          In other words, you don't want to think for yourself but would rather TPTB spoonfeed every bit of info to you? Whatever happened to "not treating fans like idiots"?

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
                            Indeed. No point having only one person in the PJ when all of them want to get away.
                            In other words, you don't want to think for yourself but would rather TPTB spoonfeed every bit of info to you? Whatever happened to "not treating fans like idiots"?

I must agree with what you say otherwise you are gonna go all mod on me and red me for not sharing your wisdom. Yes PG15 you are right and on my ignore list.

Comment

Originally posted by Integrabyte View Post

PLOT HOLE

Please learn what a Plot Hole is. That term is getting thrown around so much for stuff people dont like regardless of if it makes sense or not. Here is the definition

A plot hole is a gap or inconsistency in a storyline that goes against the flow of logic established by the story's plot.

This is not necessarily a Plot Hole. In my view, this is a logical way for them not to be lumped with duplicates for the next god knows how many episodes AND for the door to be open for a continuation. Why would they all be in the Jumper? They couldn't go back to Atlantis due to the Nanites...there are still protocols that prevent stuff like that happening., which if I recall correctly was even mentioned in this episode

Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by Serebii View Post
                                In my view, ...
                                Please learn that opinions might differ on SGA episodes.

Thank you.

Comment

Working...
                                X