No announcement yet.

Feeding wraith guests???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't remember that quote from the hive..

Comment

Originally posted by lostinspace View Post
      The CG/Seer Wraith is called Todd, unofficially. See Joe Mallozzi's latest blog entry:

Lucius is, well, not the most well liked character in SGA. He appeared in S3 in two episodes: Irresistable and Irresponsible. And hopefully that will be the last we ever see of the guy. Unless of course he becomes Wraith fodder, which I have no problems with
      Just read Mallozi's blog, i'll refer to him as Todd now.

I just couldn't remember who Lucius was straight off, however, his last name remains a novelty.

Comment

Originally posted by deg2800 View Post
        They could keep him alive long enough to finish his work, then use the retrovirus to turn him into a human.
        Can't do that unless we want to confuse Teyla by making the Wraith look like Halling. Come to think of it, it'll also confuse Sam because then he'd also look like Pallan.

Comment

gate a cow to atlantis and let him chase the cow and suck the life out of it from the head
          sigpic

Comment

Well since Wraith are sucking "years of" life, a cow wouldn't feed him much, cows don't live that old.

Comment

I don't think Todd, or almost any other Wraith, would willingly become a human. They're higher on the food chain and they have abilities we don't. They think of us as lesser creatures.

Comment

any Genii they find, and maybe some rats or rodents they find around the city , that a good question can they animals? i mean animals are derived from humans , so can't they do that
                sigpic
                May the odds be ever in your Favor ! oh and please say hello to me on Skype and Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by MIZA View Post
                  any Genii they find, and maybe some rats or rodents they find around the city , that a good question can they animals? i mean animals are derived from humans , so can't they do that
                  I seriously doubt they're going to feed their allies to the Wraith...

Comment

Originally posted by MIZA View Post
                    Animals are derived from humans? Come again?
                    From what they said in "Poisoning the Well", none of their attempts to feed Steve the Wraith with nonhuman food were successful. We know they can feed on humans, Ancients, and other Wraith, and that's it so far. It would appear they need the lifeforce of sentients.

Comment

Originally posted by BubblingOverWithIdeas View Post
                      We know they can feed on humans, Ancients, and other Wraith, and that's it so far. It would appear they need the lifeforce of sentients.
                      Ancients, second generation humans and other Wraith all have one thing in common - human DNA. This could be the crucial factor when it comes to a being's suitability for the Wraith menu. A Goa'uld in it's natural form (wriggly snake thing) is sentient but that doesn't neccessarily mean a Wraith could feed on it even if he/she came across one.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BubblingOverWithIdeas View Post
                        Animals are derived from humans? Come again?
                        From what they said in "Poisoning the Well", none of their attempts to feed Steve the Wraith with nonhuman food were successful. We know they can feed on humans, Ancients, and other Wraith, and that's it so far. It would appear they need the lifeforce of sentients.
                        It's biological, they don't feed on 'life force', and I don't think there's any reason to assume the fact that we're sentient has anything to do with it either, more likely they've evolved to a point where they can only feed on a species with DNA similar to their own...

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
                          It's biological, they don't feed on 'life force',
                          Terms like 'life force' and 'strength' were fine at the start of the series when Wraith/Iratus bug feeding was described by Pegasus galaxy humans who'd been reduced to living in technologically backward societies. We're now into the 4th season so it's a bit ridiculous that we haven't had a better explanation. After all, Beckett ended up knowing a lot about Wraith after developing that retrovirus.
                          sigpic

Comment

what happens if a wraith feeds on a giant like the size of a small biulding

it would be like a leech to a human rite??

he could feed on the giant all day??
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by wise one View Post
                              what happens if a wraith feeds on a giant like the size of a small biulding
                              Are there any giants in the Stargate universe?
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ciannwn View Post
                                Are there any giants in the Stargate universe?
                                none that I know of
                                sigpic
                                The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Working...
                                X