No announcement yet.

Feeding wraith guests???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who really knows how long they can go without food? I would imagine that both they and he never planned on him being a permanent 'guest' and were looking for it to be a short visit. It would also be a good incentive for him to want to accomplish the new virus code in the most speedy manner.

Comment

I thought we learned in "Instinct" that a Wraith can survive on 3 people a year, if that's true for all Wraith, then I don't see the problem.

Vala,

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
        I wouldn't be surprised if he was gone by the next ep to be honest...
        As in out of sight, out of mind?? Yeah, and whatever happened to the fact that Wraith can get into your head and make you see things?

Comment

They could keep him alive long enough to finish his work, then use the retrovirus to turn him into a human. He said himself that he had lost favor with most other Wraith, so maybe he would welcome a new life.

Comment

Capture other Wraith to feed the Wraith your interrogating. Most likey capture the stupid faceless ones.

Comment

Originally posted by prion View Post
              As in out of sight, out of mind?? Yeah, and whatever happened to the fact that Wraith can get into your head and make you see things?
              Maybe that's their technology and not actually them...

Comment

Originally posted by deg2800 View Post
                They could keep him alive long enough to finish his work, then use the retrovirus to turn him into a human. He said himself that he had lost favor with most other Wraith, so maybe he would welcome a new life.
                That seems likely. Make a perminant retrovirus, so one shot maeks them human forever

Go Green

Comment

Nothing happened. Why would we see that ability in this episode?

Spoiler:
                  And we will see Todd again. We both know this. Next episode doesn't count since they'll spend most of it on Earth

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post

He can be useful as a "humanoid sarcophagus". He can heal any member from the expedition, so I hope he will be a recurring member as Zelenka.
                    Who's to say their life giving power is usable on anyone else that they have not fed from? IMO it only works to give life back to those they have taken it from..

That might be an interesting option if they actually make the offer of it, rather than force it on him.

Comment

Maybe the Wraith stopped doing it to expedition members because that trick no longer worked on them.
                      All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Don't blame me, I voted Cthulhu

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                        That might be an interesting option if they actually make the offer of it [the retrovirus], rather than force it on him.
                        Interesting concept, esp. given how "human" Todd the wraith is, and his past remarks with Sheppard at the similarities between their two kinds. I get the feeling though that there won't be further experiments with the retrovirus after the disaster with Michael and the loss of Carson. As much as I'm growing to like Keller, she's not a geneticist - give her her own consequences to face, and battles to fight.

I was worried they'd just kill him off given both his and Shep's comments in The Seer. Chris Heyerdhal's IMDB profile suggests that he appears in both This Mortal Coil and BAMSR (assuming it's as the same wraith!) so there's hope for some follow up to this. Joe Mallozzi's also said on his blog that the CG/Seer wraith "may become a recurring character" - so Todd won't face Sora's fate this time! Maybe he'll become the first of future Wraith "Tok'ra" or at least a different antagonist for the team, like Michael has been.

As for feeding, I guess he could either be fed "normal food" or just starve until his work with McKay is done and the trials are successful. Check out the wraith biology pointers in the Scifipedia.
                        Lost In Space - wherever I am is where I'm supposed to be (aka my geek blog)

Thanks to ileliberte for permission to share her amazing art

Comment

Who is this Todd and Lucius? Where they introduced this season?

As the previous poster said, the Wraith (lets call him Pete!) probably will be fed normal food, and since he has no hive left (wiki stated both hives go bye-bye), if Pete goes off-world, he'll probably be either killed and interrogated, or both.

I think Pete might escape one day later, hopefully Chuck the Technician won't be fed upon in the process.

Comment

Originally posted by Raven6666 View Post
                            Who is this Todd and Lucius? Where they introduced this season.
                            The CG/Seer Wraith is called Todd, unofficially. See Joe Mallozzi's latest blog entry:
                            the incorporation of the wraith angle into the story (making this one the best individual wraith episode since Common Ground thanks in no small part to Chris Heyerdahl’s portrayal of the unlikely ally we will come to know as Todd)
                            Lucius is, well, not the most well liked character in SGA. He appeared in S3 in two episodes: Irresistable and Irresponsible. And hopefully that will be the last we ever see of the guy. Unless of course he becomes Wraith fodder, which I have no problems with
                            Lost In Space - wherever I am is where I'm supposed to be (aka my geek blog)

Thanks to ileliberte for permission to share her amazing art

Comment

Originally posted by Vala_M View Post
                              I thought we learned in "Instinct" that a Wraith can survive on 3 people a year, if that's true for all Wraith, then I don't see the problem.

Vala,
                              I believe they said 4. I could be wrong though.
                              http://www.change.gov

The reason you should vote Republican in 2010.

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                                Who's to say their life giving power is usable on anyone else that they have not fed from? IMO it only works to give life back to those they have taken it from..

That might be an interesting option if they actually make the offer of it, rather than force it on him.
                                It is usable to anyone, remeber in "The Hive" it was mentioned that the Wraith keep their worshippers alive and young forever, where would that life energy come from if they aged? It comes from other people as well, like in "Common Ground", Sheppard got the life energy from one or both of those Genii soldiers.

Vala,

Comment

Working...
                                X