Ronon+ Wraith-???????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Boz4646 View Post
    That scene w/ Todd and Ronan reminded me of Teal'c and Ronan. Todd even stole Teal'Cs catch phrase "Indeed". I thought that was kinda odd...
    Originally posted by Ltcolshepjumper View Post
    Now that was PRICELESS.
    I noticed the too, the second time. LMBO!

In Loving Memory of Wraithlord.

I wish I got to know you better.

Comment

Originally posted by ziga1980 View Post
      still their end was very unlike them. they'd fight to the last breath. not just sit down and kill themselves. how many times ronon was in similar situation and he fought against all odds and survived. i assume todd is ronons version of a wraith. so they should have fought to the last breath. i know any real warrior would.
      Ah, but Ronon is no longer just a rogue warrior. He is the leader of an army. And Todd is a former Wraith leader now waging his own guerrilla campaign against Michael. I agree that both Ronon and Todd are quintessential warriors and, in their hearts, wanted to go out fighting. However, they are in the lab for a very specific purpose: to strike a blow at Michael by destroying part of his capacity to make more hybrid warriors. They are acting for their cause.

In the early part of the scene, they learn that a Wraith cruiser has arrived and that they will soon be overrun by Michael's hybrid troups. Ronon's men say that they should abort the mission. But instead, Ronon takes the C4 from the soldier behind him as Todd watches them.

Todd: You intend to complete your mission?
      Ronon: D**n right.
      Todd: As do I.
      They didn't have time to set up a timer or use Todd's cybersabotage scheme. They did the only thing they could do to insure the success of their mission and stayed there to detonate the explosives.

And, although they both recognized the irony of make their last stand side-by-side with someone who would normally be the enemy, they died as warriors. Maybe not as cool as charging the enemy with guns blazing, but IMO a glorious end for a warrior.
      Sparrow hawk

sigpic

Comment

I actually liked 'their' ending. They died together, and one could argue that they died with a form of respect for each other.

You don't have to like someone to respect them.
        sigpic
        It's Probin' Time!

Comment

Originally posted by Sparrow_hawk View Post
          Ah, but Ronon is no longer just a rogue warrior. He is the leader of an army. And Todd is a former Wraith leader now waging his own guerrilla campaign against Michael. I agree that both Ronon and Todd are quintessential warriors and, in their hearts, wanted to go out fighting. However, they are in the lab for a very specific purpose: to strike a blow at Michael by destroying part of his capacity to make more hybrid warriors. They are acting for their cause.

In the early part of the scene, they learn that a Wraith cruiser has arrived and that they will soon be overrun by Michael's hybrid troups. Ronon's men say that they should abort the mission. But instead, Ronon takes the C4 from the soldier behind him as Todd watches them.

They didn't have time to set up a timer or use Todd's cybersabotage scheme. They did the only thing they could do to insure the success of their mission and stayed there to detonate the explosives.

And, although they both recognized the irony of make their last stand side-by-side with someone who would normally be the enemy, they died as warriors. Maybe not as cool as charging the enemy with guns blazing, but IMO a glorious end for a warrior.
          i understand all that. and i liked it just as you did my friend. perhaps i should make my point a bit more clearly.

my point is that they didn't accomplish very much. they only took out one of many cloning facilities Micheal had under control. it didn't stop Micheal or at least delay his operations. they did not make a difference. sacrificing yourself only has a point when you make a difference. if they retreated (possibly together) they could strike on other facilities and destroy many more (in a very wild scenario contact the genii and get them to send a nuke to this location ultimately completing their mission). i'm just saying if it was a real war this would be an appropriate course of action. but since they wanted to make Ronon and Todd heros they blew them up.
          sigpic

Comment

The Ronon/Todd sequence was the best part of the ep. Utterly in character for both of them! They didn't trust each other, but they knew they had a job to do which was bigger than either of them.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lahela View Post
              The Ronon/Todd sequence was the best part of the ep. Utterly in character for both of them! They didn't trust each other, but they knew they had a job to do which was bigger than either of them.
              Lah! *Glomp*

Well said! Short and simple, very nice!

In Loving Memory of Wraithlord.

I wish I got to know you better.

Comment

Originally posted by ziga1980 View Post
                i understand all that. and i liked it just as you did my friend. perhaps i should make my point a bit more clearly.

my point is that they didn't accomplish very much. they only took out one of many cloning facilities Micheal had under control. it didn't stop Micheal or at least delay his operations. they did not make a difference. sacrificing yourself only has a point when you make a difference. if they retreated (possibly together) they could strike on other facilities and destroy many more (in a very wild scenario contact the genii and get them to send a nuke to this location ultimately completing their mission). i'm just saying if it was a real war this would be an appropriate course of action. but since they wanted to make Ronon and Todd heros they blew them up.
                Yes, I agree. It would have been better for everyone if Todd and Ronon stayed alive and continued help the opposition forces keep fighting the good fight. But, as you said, it wouldn't have made for that great heroic ending! I doubt that Todd and Ronon would have kept working together if they had gotten away, though. I thinkt that Ronon would have gone back to his army and Todd back to doing his solo cyberassaults.

The Genii scenario is interesting -- but Ronon would have to be the one to contact them. Todd would have the Genii for lunch!
                Sparrow hawk

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                X