No announcement yet.

Ronon+ Wraith-???????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I loved this scene, it was perfect. Ronon was completely in character, his hatred of the Wraith in general at this point must have been somewhat replaced by his more immediate hatred of Michael because of what Michael had done to his friends and the galaxy. Ronon was determined to destroy the base and he knew that Todd was equally determined to do so, so it made sense to work with him. Once the cruiser arrived Ronon knew he needed help to take the control room to blow the base and he didn't want to sacrifice his people, Todd told him that he also intended to finish his mission, so Ronon trusted him to help him because at that point they both knew that they weren't going to get out this alive, but that was alright because at least they would be taking out the base. At that point Ronon felt confident in trusting Todd because he knew that both had the same objective, and also realized that killing Todd would not only eliminate an ally, but also waste valuable time that he needed to complete his mission.
    sigpic

Find your Destiny

Comment

Originally posted by aboleyn24 View Post
      That was my favorite part of the entire episode. I thought it was brilliant. It was a nice call back to Shep and Todd in Common Ground. Those two united to fight a common enemy with the understanding that once that was done, all bets were off.

I think this wasn't any different. Ronon is not dumb (despite what McKay may think). He was looking at the big picture. To have just killed Todd without any other thought would have just been spiteful and not really accomplished anything. Sure Ronon hates the Wrath and Todd. But when the balance of power in the Pegasus galaxy shifted from the Wraith to Michael, Ronon was able to focus on the new enemy. For the good of the galaxy instead of just mindlessly focusing on killing Wraith. Todd helped him towards a common goal. It really shows how much Ronon has grown since he's been on Atlantis. How much he learned form Sheppard.

Now had they made it out of that Wraith compound I think all bets would have been off.
      looking at it this way it's kinda "brilliant." but thing that bugs me is that, carter sacrificed herself to take out 3 of Micheals hives. and Ronon only took out one cloning facility. nevertheless the worst part for me was that he just stood there and detonated the explosives. he should have gone crazy, made it out of the facility his sword in one hand and his gun in the other, heavily wounded and just collapse in front of the gate. that would be his way.

and Todd. i expected more of him. when he lost his food supply he should have started cloning humans (obviously he couldn't come up with a cure). gather a considerable strike force than move against Micheal.

this was indeed one very <teh language filters are there for a reason. learn to express yourself without profanity> up time line. still a very nice ep.
      Last edited by Skydiver; 08 March 2008, 01:36 PM.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ziga1980
        and Todd. i expected more of him. when he lost his food supply he should have started cloning humans (obviously he couldn't come up with a cure). gather a considerable strike force than move against Micheal.
        Todd wasn't there yet. He was still depending on the mercies of Shep & Co. for help - he hadn't built up a force yet. He had one hive, and who knows if there were many Wraith on it. Michael struck hard and fast - he was wiping out the Wraith - few probably remained. Nothing Todd could do. AND...if they had shown him with a huge force, well...that would have required a 10 minute explanation, and there just wasn't time for that.

Todd was what he has been...a lone Wraith trying to survive in a galaxy that has suddenly become a very hostile place to be. For all they had to cover, the way they handled T&R was just perfect.

das
        sigpic

Comment

That scene w/ Todd and Ronan reminded me of Teal'c and Ronan. Todd even stole Teal'Cs catch phrase "Indeed". I thought that was kinda odd...

Comment

Originally posted by Boz4646 View Post
            That scene w/ Todd and Ronan reminded me of Teal'c and Ronan. Todd even stole Teal'Cs catch phrase "Indeed". I thought that was kinda odd...
            Now that was PRICELESS.
            Never, never, never believe any war will be smooth or easy...

... or that any man can measure the tides and hurricanes he will
            encounter on the strange journey.

Spoiler:

2 Cor. 10:3-5
            3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:
            4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds; )
            5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

Comment

Originally posted by ziga1980 View Post
              looking at it this way it's kinda "brilliant." but thing that bugs me is that, carter sacrificed herself to take out 3 of Micheals hives. and Ronon only took out one cloning facility. nevertheless the worst part for me was that he just stood there and detonated the explosives. he should have gone crazy, made it out of the facility his sword in one hand and his gun in the other, heavily wounded and just collapse in front of the gate. that would be his way.

this was indeed one very <teh language filters are there for a reason. learn to express yourself without profanity> up time line. still a very nice ep.
              why? you've just said the forum has a language filter. may as well bin it if you have to re-re-edit it again after

i liked the todd/ronan bit though, it is a bit out of char for ronan but it played out well, the "naturally" from todd was hilarious
              sigpic
              EMBRACE DEMOCRACY, OR YOU WILL BE ERADICATED
              -Liberty Prime

Comment

Why would he kill him when they had a common goal and he needed him?

"I dislike your race so I'll kill you for fun"?

Comment

Originally posted by FallenAngelII
                  Why would he kill him when they had a common goal and he needed him?

"I dislike your race so I'll kill you for fun"?

Yeah, that's called prejudice and I think Ronon was above that. He had real reason to hate Wraith as a whole, and yet, he's big enough to finally see Todd as an individual, separate from the whole. In the end, Ronon judged the 'man' - not for who he was (Wraith) - but by what he did...he stayed by his side and fought to the end, sacrificing himself so that, perhaps, others may live. How could Ronon NOT admire that?

das
                  sigpic

Comment

I am a bit confused over these flashbacks, including Carter's last scene.
                    How does Rodney know how this whole final scene went down between them anyway? Was anyone left alive to tell the tale? Or is this how he imagines them in their final moments (cause he always did seem to respect Todd).
                    (On the other hand maybe we are seeing these events because TPTB want us to know what happened, and are showing us the reality despite McKay having no actual knowledge?).
                    sigpic

Comment

Carter beamed the crew down to the planet and they gated back to Atlantis. Granted, no one was left on the ship when Carter nuked, but that easy enough to figure out.
                      I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.

Comment

i loved every part of ronon and todd working together. i was totally expecting ronon to blast todd at some random time and it was so tense. but yeah the fact that they ended up working together showed me how much ronon had developed after "john" and teyla's death. i really do believe that that was his driving force.

i totally don't think it's out of character for ronon. he was a military man of some conisderable rank and you don't get there with a huge prejudice imo. and i think it's mostly that ronon hated michael more than todd that ronon was able to put aside his prejudice against the wraith and work with todd.

but yeah it was a beautiful scene. and to see them respect each other like that. and i really did like the last few words between them.

to me it felt like they both had nothing to lose by working together so they made the most out of it.

Comment

still their end was very unlike them. they'd fight to the last breath. not just sit down and kill themselves. how many times ronon was in similar situation and he fought against all odds and survived. i assume todd is ronons version of a wraith. so they should have fought to the last breath. i know any real warrior would.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dasNdanger View Post
                            Some people just don't get the whole point of 'character development', do they...

It was a great moment - a defining moment. It showed that even the worst of enemies can learn to put their differences aside for the greater good. It also showed both men...well...man and Wraith...that they were more alike than they ever realized. They were equals - no longer preditor and prey - and they died together as equals.

It was truly beautiful...

THANKS FenRiR FoXz for the screen caps, too! If you have more, please post them!

das
                            Thanks for that one, Das.

At least some people get it.

In Loving Memory of Wraithlord.

I wish I got to know you better.

Comment

Well in teh Return part 1 Ronon said he cant leave this galixy untill every last Wraith is dead. And also the Wraith destroyed his home planet thats not something to get over easily.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ziga1980 View Post

But the scene had to end quickly, time was of the essence...

In Loving Memory of Wraithlord.

I wish I got to know you better.

Comment

Working...
                                X