The Phoneix

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gate-builder View Post
    Was it just me or did the hives seem to be firing a lot faster than usual? Perhaps they have been upgraded as well
    Nope hives have always been extremely fast firing. They were just tuned down for some battles.

Personally I thought it was about right. The hives are enormous so I didn't expect the beams to do a lot of damage, 2 or 3 hitting one and destroying it was pretty good IMO.

Comment

Perhaps she will get a ship but be in charge of all of 4 like an admiral that is certainly not a demotion

though she would probly have to comand odessy for that to work

Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWmw1u2to5M

Currently recruiting new staff

Comment

Originally posted by eps200 View Post
        Perhaps she will get a ship but be in charge of all of 4 like an admiral that is certainly not a demotion

though she would probly have to comand odessy for that to work
        I am Carter Supreme Commander of the Tauri Fleet!

Interesting but unlikely. Of all the four Colonels, Caldwell has the most battle experience and seniority. He has commanded the Daedalus in numerous engagements against the Wraith and the Replicators. He is the Defender of Atlantis.
        Stargate Revival Please!

Comment

Originally posted by Gate-builder View Post
          Was it just me or did the hives seem to be firing a lot faster than usual? Perhaps they have been upgraded as well
          I did not notice anything, however, knowing Micheal, I would not be surprised in the least.

Comment

Someone's probably already pointed this out but has anyone reflected on the name the Phoenix? Phoenixes die and are reborn.

Just the same, the Phoenix was destroyed, yet will be "reborn" on the show later on (probably) .

Comment

Originally posted by FallenAngelII View Post
              Someone's probably already pointed this out but has anyone reflected on the name the Phoenix? Phoenixes die and are reborn.

Just the same, the Phoenix was destroyed, yet will be "reborn" on the show later on (probably) .
              From a writer stan point yes, but I think it is more interesting to look at why the US military would name this specific ship Phoenix, and it all has to do with Pegasus, that the Galaxy was being torn to ashes, literally destroyed, but then would come this beacon of hope to kick some royal fanny.

Comment

Hope we see more of it in s5 otherwise my user name will date quick!
                I think people have read too much into its destruction in the flashbacks. it is hard to paint a full picture of the distress the ship was in in such a small time frame. We hear shields failing and hyperdrive going critical but aren't told why. One can only assume the first few hits from the hive the chases it straight out of the hyperspace window got lucky and hit critical systems beofre shields came up.

I'm not entirely sold on beam weapons either. They seem slow to fire, can only hit in straight lines, and if an opponent moves it misses. The hives weapons in short bursts can chase an opponent like gunfire. If they were of an equal power they would be far superior then the beams. Don't mind the beam idea, it obviously worked for the asgard, but maybe shorter sharper bursts would be more effective and the pheonix could clean pegasus up quick smart!

Comment

E.g.: The Phoneix - the pheonix
                  The day that everyone can spell 'Phoenix' is the day I die...

YAY! I'm immortal!

*Gets slightly agitated by idgits, I believe they're called sometimes?*

*Breathes in..., breathes out..., is a bit calmer*

In Loving Memory of Wraithlord.

I wish I got to know you better.

Comment

Originally posted by GoSpikey View Post
                    The day that everyone can spell 'Phoenix' is the day I die...

YAY! I'm immortal!

*Gets slightly agitated by idgits, I believe they're called sometimes?*

*Breathes in..., breathes out..., is a bit calmer*
                    ^^

Comment

I think the Phoenix was named so because it utilizes the most advanced Asgard tech to my knowledge thus half reviving the species, I guess. Thats just my guess on it all.

The reason Micheal's hives were capable of sustaining so much damage was the advanced technology i'm sure he installed. I figure, if the Asgard beams can destroy an Ori ship in 4 shots a hive shouldnt be able to sustain more than two shots if its lucky so, logically, we can assume Micheal upgraded some. If you were planning galactic conquest, wouldnt you?

Comment

Working...
                      X