X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by s09119 View Post
    I resent that comment :/
    So we don't kill Keller. Then she can hit on Woolsey and they would make a great couple, whining and nagging each other to death. I can't wait.

Comment

Eh, I've always been rather lukewarm toward these alternate universe/future stories. None of the events depicted happened to the "real" team members, hence I couldn't bring myself to care at the blatant tearjerker moments.

It was pretty obvious that Very Bad Things were going to happen to the team once poor Sheppers vanished. As soon as the team was depicted desperately looking for Teyla I knew she was dead, as soon as Sam was given a ship I knew it was going to blow up (it pulled a Pegasus, heh), as soon as Ronon went off on his own I knew he was going to be killed. Zero suspense and again, why should I care if these people die when I know that the real team won't?

Yes, it did seem abrupt and forced when Shep asked about Ronon while he was running around in the storm.

Plenty of Shep and McKay in this ep. Teyla's only appearance...was as a corpse.

Woolsey preview, huh? Awful, AWFUL costuming choice. Unless of course it's meant to parallel the absurdity of him being chosen for command...

Oh noes, cliffhanger! Will anyone (important) on the team actually die? No? Okay then.

Also:
      Originally posted by technoextreme View Post
      Actually that's one of my theories. McKay survives and then tells Shepard via a hologram in the future that Scooty Puff Scooters suck.
      Wins the thread.

Comment

Well, I say the last few minutes was all a dream sheppard had while in the stasis chamber!!!!!
        I enjoyed the episode...Ronon's smile as he blew himself and todd up, Sam crashing into a hive ship then taking out three, Jeannie helping her brother, and General Lorne... yep he would do it! (Who can forget the look on his face when he returned to Atlantis and told them he had lost Teyla? yep he felt deep guilt there!). Great final scene!

Comment

Originally posted by AGateFan View Post
          No point in him "caving" since you will now have a "leader" everyone will just ignore. Think Shep and McKay did what they wanted before, I bet you aint seen nothing yet
          Woosley has the IOA on this side, though. He'll have the resources and powers of the world's most powerful nations to keep these guys in line.
          Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
          Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Best thing the boys at Bridge have given us since Threads.

I loved this episode!

It had it all...conflict, suspense, angst, a little romance and adventure!

And I have never been happier to see a reset button punched at the end!

Ok...maybe Unending...but Unending was pathetic...especially compared to this!

Wow!

Comment

Great show, it seems like just last week that we watched the 1st episode of season 4.

One thing from the show if Sheppard spent 5 to 8 hundred years in stasis, wouldn't he of aged a little. As I remember it doesn't stop the body from aging all together.

Comment

I was very pleased with the finale overall. A lot of very strong, and often sad, "flashbacks" from McKay. I can't wait now to get Season 5 underway.
                sigpic
                MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                "...phu...ah..."
                "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Holy Cliffhanger Ending Batman! I'm still in shock after seeing our team completely screwed. This was by far the best season finale I've ever seen. Very interesting twist with the "future shock." The whole 48,000 years made the situation that much more dire. Ronon meeting his end with Todd now that's irony. Sam went down with her ship truly a testament to her character. The whole Rodney/Keller thing actually brought a tear to my eye. They really are good together. Michael was at his creepiest in this one. I hope the Woolsey we see here is not a preview of the one we will see in season 5. I don't think it will be as the situation will have changed. The only downside is we have to wait to see part 2.
                  Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                  "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                  Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn View Post
                    Best thing the boys at Bridge have given us since Threads.

I loved this episode!

It had it all...conflict, suspense, angst, a little romance and adventure!

And I have never been happier to see a reset button punched at the end!

Ok...maybe Unending...but Unending was pathetic...especially compared to this!

Wow!
                    Are you kidding anything is pathetic compared to this!
                    Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                    "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                    Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

I want to say that this finale was likely the best finale of the series, but I still loved "The Seige" so lets call it a tie for now.

So a not so unoriginal idea used for this episode, so what, it worked wonders. It also had a point to the whole thing as well. Excellent writing right there. I was afraid there was going to be no point to Sheppard being thrown into the future. The character moments were great when Mckay is telling Sheppard about what happened after he got lost in spac.. er um time, lol.

Michael taking over the galaxy was something we expected. I gotta say got teary eye seeing Teyla dead on the floor and Mckay about to cry. Just very powerful moments. I think the saddest and most dramatic moment was Keller and Rodney and when she coughs up blood. To quote Joe M..

"The death of a loved one sends Mckay into action"

I know everyone has opinions of this episode, and I am going out on a limb here by saying the majority of the fans will find this episode very accepting and making them highly anticipate next season.

One downfall to the episode. Michael holding the head of the Wraith Queen. Can anyone say "Clash of the Titans"?

So yeah 10/10, A+, for a clever plot to an amazing cliffhanger.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire View Post
                        Eh, I've always been rather lukewarm toward these alternate universe/future stories. None of the events depicted happened to the "real" team members, hence I couldn't bring myself to care at the blatant tearjerker moments.

It was pretty obvious that Very Bad Things were going to happen to the team once poor Sheppers vanished. As soon as the team was depicted desperately looking for Teyla I knew she was dead, as soon as Sam was given a ship I knew it was going to blow up (it pulled a Pegasus, heh), as soon as Ronon went off on his own I knew he was going to be killed. Zero suspense and again, why should I care if these people die when I know that the real team won't?
                        So, you didn't like "Before I Sleep," the greatest Weir episode of all time?
                        Theoretically spoilerish:
                        Spoiler:
                        Sig courtesy of Pandora.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
                          Are you kidding anything is pathetic compared to this!
                          I kinda have to agree.
                          Theoretically spoilerish:
                          Spoiler:
                          Sig courtesy of Pandora.

Comment

Originally posted by Yashiv View Post
                            I wonder what they did with Carson
                            Yea!, Sheppard went into the same pod as Carson was in. Did they throw his body away?
                            sigpicDr.Bj�rn ��r J�nsson

ATA gene natural carrier.

Comment

Originally posted by ladyjanus View Post

One quibble...Not even a hint of a heart to heart goodbye-just-in-case scene between McKay and Shephard? Give me a break...

ladyjanus
                              I was hoping for that, too, and was very disappointed to not get one.

And poor Rodney....could they hurt him any worse? Losing everyone he cared about? No wonder he seemed so fragile and subdued, personality-wise, in his hologram state.
                              What an eerie, sad episode. I imagine it will inspire quite a lot of fanfic.

Comment

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire View Post

That was the whole point to the episode. Sheppard needed to race back so he could prevent the events from happening. If they did not happen there would of been no suspense or build up. Sheppard could of taken a nap if there was no rush to get back.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X