This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LinziDay View Post
    Any guesses on who dies? I'm thinking someone has to.... and I'm thinking that someone is Lorne. (after all, he was the only one with any kind of a happy ending in the other timeline and he's the one who ultimately made this timeline possible.)
    Nope, Lorne does not die. That I can tell you for sure.

Originally posted by prion View Post
    this was the scifi version of IT'S A WONDERFUL LIFE. one person missing, everything goes to hell, although we didn't have clarence the angel, we had rodney the hologram.
    Ha! That is so true! I never thought of it that way, great analogy.

and teensy quibble that sam s hould hardly quibble shep's story all that much considering all the time travel SG1 has done!
    Especially considering all the times SHE has had to explain with her team to someone what they just went through, you would think she, of all people, would believe Sheppard the most.

Proudly Supporting Team USA

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
      but there will be injuries ...and i'm sure the red shirt will be forgotten
      Well of course they'll lose the red shirts, but it should be interesting to see how this all plays out.

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
        That wouldn't surprise me, JM did mention something about killing Lorne in jest on his blog...
        I don't think they want to risk fandom flaming up again by killing Lorne, and besides, why kill him? He's a good character.

but there will be injuries ...and i'm sure the red shirt will be forgotten
        that's it, taunt us poor whump fans with promises of injuries. we'll be lucky if anybody is even sporting a bandaid after the building fell in

Comment

Any guesses on who dies? I'm thinking someone has to.... and I'm thinking that someone is Lorne. (after all, he was the only one with any kind of a happy ending in the other timeline and he's the one who ultimately made this timeline possible.)
          Originally posted by Myles View Post
          Sorry to hear that, but I'd say you're in the minority. Yeah, everyone knows that the team will be fine, but in all it was a good episode imo.
          Actually, Im hoping they all die and it turns into another time traveling episode only without the backstory. Of course I don't even remember how time travel works in Stargate

Comment

I feel so bad for Rodney he spent so much of his life just to deal with this one problem and losing jennifer. nice to see Jeanie for a little while.
            Last edited by Pharaoh Atem; 07 March 2008, 07:35 PM.
            https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

I feel so bad for Rodney he spent so much of his life just to deal with this one problem and losing jennifer. nice to see jennie for a little while.
              Agreed. I didn't expect Jeanie, and I thought Keller was perfect in this episode.
              Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
              Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

I think I need to let it soak in for a while. First impression - I loved it. JM said it was very different than previous season finales, and he was right. Action, but not running for their lives with their hair on fire (well, except for the last 30 seconds) like others have been. This was more introspective - a look at how they would choose to live and die. It was heartbreaking to watch as one by one they sacrificed their lives. And poor Rodney. To be left alone, obsessed with righting what he considered wrong.

The irony of Ronon and Todd going out together kills me. Can I say how much I loved Keller in this? I am not normally a shipper, but I could live with that one. I wonder if they knew about AT's decision when they wrote in the person who replaced Carter after she died. General Lorne!! That was awesome.

I didn't expect the plan to be completed in this ep. That was a real surprise for me. *happy to be spoiler free* And the big explosion at the end! Eek!

Originally posted by Lt. Ford View Post
                Nice episode. Everything turns south after Shep disappears. Nice. Anyways, I really liked it. I can't wait until we get to see the start of season 5 to find out what happened.

One problem for me, Sheppard goes to the stasis chamber room and not even a mention of Carson? He just got frozen in there the last episode and they don't even mention what happens to him... Wow...
                I was thinking about that, and here's my take on it. Woolsey told Keller they wouldn't continue the research on the Hoffan drug, that he was scaling back her department to concentrate on the defense of the base. She got fed up and left. Who would be left to research the peptide thing? No one. I'm sure Sheppard put 2 and 2 together and figured out that they let Carson die.

this was the scifi version of IT'S A WONDERFUL LIFE. one person missing, everything goes to hell, although we didn't have clarence the angel, we had rodney the hologram.

i quite enjoyed it, didn't mind the cliffhanger as geez, do we really think the entire team got squashed? maybe one or two unfortunate redshirts who had no dialogue.

but this means that in the very first episode, they will rescue teyla (cuz this ain't a soap they can drag out forever).

only thing that I went eeeeuuuu at. woolsey. not woolsey per se, but that uniform just looks awful on him. sorry, color is all off and well, gah.....

and teensy quibble that sam s hould hardly quibble shep's story all that much considering all the time travel SG1 has done!

if a series lasts long enough, you can do these time travel 'what might have been' scenarios to explore killing characters without really blowing them up exploding space tumors, 'shipping' without commitment. so they can do another one when they reach, say, season 10....
                I don't know that Sam so much quibbled over the time travel as his hurry to get back out there. Even though she has personal knowledge that time travel is possible, there are lots of other more likely explanations on where Sheppard's been for 12 days. When you add in him wanting to leave again so quickly, she was right to be cautious.
                sigpic
                Sig by Luciana
                My LJ Proud member of W.A.S.P. My Fanfics

Comment

Really liked this episode, McKay did a good job ,glad it was fixable,solar flares, watch out for those buggers. And Woosley did look a tad bit uncomfortable with his uniform, a tug almost at the collar?,anyway,looking forward to season 5, and 6 and so on ...

Comment

I don't think they want to risk fandom flaming up again by killing Lorne, and besides, why kill him? He's a good character.
                    I don't really think he is to be honest. He's likable enough, but not particularly interesting and I don't think the show would lose anything if he were killed off.

Comment

This was so-so for me. I did like Ronon and Todd dying together, and loved Gen. Lorne. Keller dying was wonderful. Too bad it doesn't happen in the real timeline.

Woolsey. Sigh. Just shows how irritating this is going to become next year. He is a mistake.

Comment

Originally posted by GateLadyM View Post
                        This was so-so for me. I did like Ronon and Todd dying together, and loved Gen. Lorne. Keller dying was wonderful. Too bad it doesn't happen in the real timeline.

Woolsey. Sigh. Just shows how irritating this is going to become next year. He is a mistake.
                        I resent that comment :/

As for Woolsey, I think it'll be great to finally have someone who doesn't cave in to Sheppard and Co. all the time. Create some actual semblance of a solid command with rules and such for once...
                        Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
                        Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Originally posted by wheresmyfroggy View Post
                          Aw, such an awesome episode! Ronon's death was the best one, he and Todd working together, smiling at each other before they detonate the C-4. Brothers in arms, finally! They are so similar, it was bound to happen (even if it's AU now).

Ronon: "I was just gonna blow it up."
                          Todd: "Naturally."
                          That was a great line. My love for Todd knows no bounds.

I don't think any of them will die. Of course, the Shep whumper in my hopes for some consequences at least, but I anticipate them escaping much like Ronon did in that exploding building in Sateda.
                          sigpic
                          Sig by Luciana
                          My LJ Proud member of W.A.S.P. My Fanfics

Comment

Originally posted by GateLadyM View Post

As much as I hate the character, I find the dynamic created by it very interesting. Plus, I'm expecting a change of attitude as he builds relationships with the characters.

Comment

Wow, "enjoying" Keller's death.

Anyway, that part was just heartbreaking. Poor Rodney's face at the hospital.
                              Theoretically spoilerish:
                              Spoiler:
                              Sig courtesy of Pandora.

Comment

Originally posted by s09119 View Post
                                I resent that comment :/

As for Woolsey, I think it'll be great to finally have someone who doesn't cave in to Sheppard and Co. all the time. Create some actual semblance of a solid command with rules and such for once...
                                No point in him "caving" since you will now have a "leader" everyone will just ignore. Think Shep and McKay did what they wanted before, I bet you aint seen nothing yet
                                Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Working...
                                X