Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, no, pretty awful way to end a season...
    I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
    Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

Tell me you didn't waste time making that so you can mock a TV cliffhanger...

Comment

Nope.
        I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mappalazarou View Post

Cool gif ...the text lets it down though

Comment

Originally posted by FenRiR FoXz View Post
            Cool gif ...the text lets it down though
            All those in favour that this text needs to appear at the of every SGA cliffhanger sequence, raise your hands. *raises hand*

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mappalazarou View Post

I disagree.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OV4FUR7qs3k
              Looks like a fine ending to me.
              Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
              "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
              Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
                I disagree.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OV4FUR7qs3k
                Looks like a fine ending to me.
                I agree...

Comment

What a cliff hanger Sga have left us on. i really wana no what happens now. What a way to end it

Comment

I thought The Last Man was a great episode. One of my favorite of all time.
                    The 5th Race A StarGate Podcast
                    The 5th Race Podcast RSS Feed
                    The 5th Race Podcast iTunes Feed
                    You can follow me on Twitter at www.twitter.com/jnolan
                    You can follow me on Twitter at www.twitter.com/stargatepodcast

sigpic

Comment

The only episode I saw twice in S4 . The rest ....

Comment

This episode basically achieved the same ends as SG-1's "There But For the Grace of God". The events of the future were seen, vital info was passed on, and the hero got back in to save the day.
                        sigpic
                        More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Having recently watched this episode on DVD, I thought I'd post my thoughts.

Firstly, I'm a sucker for episodes that take place in either the future, alternate timelines/parallel-universes etc. This one didn't disappoint in that area. I though "Old McKay" was played very well by David Hewlett. He's actually got less cranky as he's got older! LOL! In fact, I thought all of David's work was excellent in this episode, he was definitely the star of the show. When he's telling Sheppard about each of the main characters dying, he really sells the sadness he's feeling, especially when he's talking about someone he really cared about like Sam or Jennifer.

The individual deaths of each main character were rather sad. Although at least two were pretty kick-ass. Ronon going out fighting side-by-side with a Wraith was something I never thought I'd see! He even looks happy about it! As for Sam, I thought it was cool how she got her own ship. Although, as I've said countless times in other threads, I don't really understand the writers completely ignoring that Earth has several other 304s at their disposal. I know in this episode the whole point was that the IOA and the military were reluctant to give Sam much help, hence why they gave her a 304 that was barely off the assembly line. However, I would've thought it would make more sense to give her the Daedalus (the oldest of the ships) rather than a brand-spanking new ship that's quite likely to get destroyed in the near future. If nothing else, didn't anyone learn after the Korolev? That was rushed into service and didn't last long either!

Still, having said all that, I did think it was cool how we saw the Phoenix attacking the Wraith ships. We've never seen a 304 do a cork-screw like that before!

Another high-point for the episode was the initial view of Atlantis sitting in the barren desert. Definitely an excellent visual. The music was also noteworthy and really set the tone for the eerie and barren-ness of the desert.

It was also amazing to see so many recurring characters shoe-horned into the episode, such as Woolsey, Michael and even Jeannie. All of them had little more than cameos and yet it still seemed worth it. If nothing else, it gave us our first view of Woolsey in a command uniform and in command of Atlantis (yeah, I know when they made the episode they didn't know this was actually going to happen in the next season. It's still a funny coincidence!).

Finally, I've gotta be completely honest and say that the cliff-hanger ending fell flat for me (excuse the pun!). The CGI didn't seem that good for some reason and overall I didn't think it was anywhere near as good a cliff-hanger as the previous year's. It certainly didn't make me eager to see the resolution like last year's. Still, having said that, I'm definitely going to be buying Season 5 when it comes out.
                          sigpic

Comment

Wow, I'm really in the minority.
                            I really, really didn't like the episode. And I saw Search and Rescue before seeing TLM and I loved S&R.
                            My general consensus on the episode was "The whole galaxy goes to pot because Sheppard wasn't there" granted, there was a little more to it then that, but it bugged me.
                            Teyla's death was so suddenly random. Ronon's death was fitting. Carter's death was actually pretty good. I didn't feel anything for Keller's death...I really did like Gen. Lorne though. It was pretty much a Rodney and Sheppard epi, and I pretty much don't "like" either characters anymore(though each have their golden moments).
                            And that horrid ending scene, *shudders*
                            Search and Rescue was way better IMHO.
                            "For the record, I'm always prepared - I just have to press this button." Kevin Marks - Stargate SG-1
                            "How many times have I told you, boy. You don't fence knights. You drop large objects on them from atop castle walls." z'Accato - The Briar King
                            "When you play the game of thrones, you either win, or you die." Cersei - A Game of Thrones

Comment

McKay:In the future do I still have hair?
                              John: (hesitates) No! Legend

Comment

my favourite episode of this season easily

Comment

Working...
                                X