This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fwupow View Post
    The cliffhangar ending would have been awesome if I weren't so distracted by the astoundingly fake looking CGI of the building collapse. Maybe it's because I watched in high-def, but my suspension of disbelief came to an abrupt end as soon as that sequence hit the screen.
    I had the same problem. The CGI looked like a Scifi Original movie. I almost expected an alien wooly mammoth to run across the screen.

I had other problems with the ending, but the CGI took me completely out of it. I actually laughed when that silo fell down and "bounced" on the ground before fading into thin air like a bad video game sequence. I wish they just filmed the last shot in the building, with it coming down on top of them. Maybe Sheppard yells out a warning. The debris falls down. Dust rises. Fade to black with "to be continued". If they didn't have the money for a good CGI job, they should have just cut it and worked the scene another way.

Comment

Originally posted by Chailyn View Post
      I almost expected an alien wooly mammoth to run across the screen.
      LOL!!

If they didn't have the money for a good CGI job, ...
      Well, that's how it is when you spend all your CGI money on big 'splosions, all in one episode, and not the right one. You're left with nothing in the end.
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

McKay doesn't have any more information than Shep, he only realises they've abandoned it when Shep does...

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
          LOL!!

Well, that's how it is when you spend all your CGI money on big 'splosions, all in one episode, and not the right one. You're left with nothing in the end.

BAM...cough SR . You forgot the Godzilla blob .

Comment

Originally posted by Integrabyte View Post
            BAM...cough SR . You forgot the Godzilla blob .
            Oh, the blob... yes... must have cost a fortune...
            Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
              Oh, the blob... yes... must have cost a fortune...

I think so too because when Michael comes out with Andee's head and all those worshippers cheer, you can see the resemblance to those early 90s football games . Hee heee, they look so fake and so wrong .

Comment

Something I didn't quite understand: what was the deal with all the fancy science McKay had to do for years before setting up his hologram for John? He even talked of probably needing to create new types of math to do it. I mean, even by the 1990s the SG program knew how the whole solar flare time travel thing worked, so it wouldn't be that. Was the problem with how to allow holo-McKay to predict an appropriate solar flare in advance? I recall the solution in the initial SG-1 episode on this had them stuck in the past with the date and time of the right flare already given to them. Though I guess they didn't quite get where they were trying for.

Comment

Originally posted by JoshuaJSlone View Post
                  Something I didn't quite understand: what was the deal with all the fancy science McKay had to do for years before setting up his hologram for John? He even talked of probably needing to create new types of math to do it. I mean, even by the 1990s the SG program knew how the whole solar flare time travel thing worked, so it wouldn't be that. Was the problem with how to allow holo-McKay to predict an appropriate solar flare in advance? I recall the solution in the initial SG-1 episode on this had them stuck in the past with the date and time of the right flare already given to them. Though I guess they didn't quite get where they were trying for.
                  That's what I took from it. McKay had to figure out a way to predict a solar flare on a planet in another galaxy 48,000 years in the future.
                  sigpic
                  Sig by Luciana
                  My LJ Proud member of W.A.S.P. My Fanfics

Comment

Also remember that Sam's attempt to return to the present overshot the mark and future Cassandra had to get them home. Perhaps she used a variant of the same new math Rodney used.
                    sigpic
                    More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

looking back on thsi ep now i really feel that this was the best ep of the series personally.

i love stories like thsi when everything goes to hella nd alternate futures and how the charaters deal with the situation.
                      https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

this was really great epp. i loved atlantis in red and the music,it really made the feeling of times gone by, that theres nothing left, nothing with any purpose...the stories of what happed old by rodney were GREAT too.perfect scene was, when todd and ronon was "working" together,helping each other and doing the mission - ronons smile in their ends was also good.it seemed like they were finallly became friends or something like that - that they trusted each other and nobody was betrayed.
                        the ending scene was,i think,speeded up - if they wouldnt made the fall of the building too fast, it wouldnt seem so unnaturally
                        generally - it was almost perfect episode,but i think we could forget that the ending wasnt so great as the rest of epp (i love epps with time travelling or parallel universes topics )
                        On leti,on tak krasne leti!

Comment

How did he survive that sandstorm? Does anybody know anything about sandstorms, because I don't. However I doubt a person could survive that.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by captain jake View Post
                            How did he survive that sandstorm? Does anybody know anything about sandstorms, because I don't. However I doubt a person could survive that.
                            just because it's television. I can't see sheppard ever being killed off in the series. with proper protection, you probably could survive a sandstorm... maybe not one like that, but still.

Comment

Originally posted by captain jake View Post
                              Because he's neither a redshirt nor a medical doctor, his chance of survival greatly increases.

Comment

I had the same problem. The CGI looked like a Scifi Original movie. I almost expected an alien wooly mammoth to run across the screen.

I had other problems with the ending, but the CGI took me completely out of it. I actually laughed when that silo fell down and "bounced" on the ground before fading into thin air like a bad video game sequence. I wish they just filmed the last shot in the building, with it coming down on top of them. Maybe Sheppard yells out a warning. The debris falls down. Dust rises. Fade to black with "to be continued". If they didn't have the money for a good CGI job, they should have just cut it and worked the scene another way.
                                The CGI looks fine to me.
                                Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                                "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                                Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Working...
                                X