Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"The Last Man" Pre-Airing Discussion and Speculation (Spoilers)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OMG, If the BFG ever made an appearance in SGA...
    Folding@Home|Babylon 5 Canon Guide

Delenn: This is Ambassador Delenn of the Minbari. Babylon 5 is under our protection. Withdraw,...or be destroyed.
    Earth Captain: Negative. We have authority here. Do not force us to engage your ship.
    Delenn: Why not? Only one human captain has ever survived battle with a Minbari fleet. He is behind me. You are in front of me. If you value your lives, be somewhere else.
    --Babylon 5 - "Severed Dreams"

Comment

Originally posted by Alipeeps View Post
      I know - my point was that the title "The Last Man" is unlikely to refer to Carson, as someone had suggested, as he is not likely to be in this ep. We know that the plot of the finale is related to Kindred... JM has confirmed that...
      Right, I didn't think it was "Carson", but wondered since the speculation is related to Michael if he played a part in it all

sigpic
      www.savecarsonbeckett.com
      Visit My Flickr!!

Comment

Originally posted by Jenner8675309 View Post
        Right, I didn't think it was "Carson", but wondered since the speculation is related to Michael if he played a part in it all
        Ummm.. okay. But my original comment that you responded to was made in response to scifi_lemon's post (below) suggesting that the episode title referred specifically to Carson.

Originally posted by scifi_lemon View Post
        I was thinking that it had something to do with Carson. Perhaps he's the "last man"?

Why do I keep thinking of that one Twilight Zone ep where that guy is the last survivor of the nuclear explosion? Maybe it'll be something like that?

Ugh, this is too much like Unending.
        sigpic

Comment

Well we know Kindred ties into it, which is Carson's return. Michael related possibly?
          Originally posted by Alipeeps View Post
          Ummm.. okay. But my original comment that you responded to was made in response to scifi_lemon's post (below) suggesting that the episode title referred specifically to Carson.
          Above was my post that led to sci fi lemon's post. I alluded to a Michael possibility.

sigpic
          www.savecarsonbeckett.com
          Visit My Flickr!!

Comment

This sounds interesting, but for some reason I keep thinking Ford... I know they said he won't make an appearance here, but he just keeps coming to mind.

Spoiler:
            Perhaps, following some sort of Wraith-Tau'ri attack, only one person is left alive of the attacking personnel. That person has to blah blah blah in order to get home, facing peril along the way.
            Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
            Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Originally posted by Xicer View Post
              That's Doom but yeah imagine Sheppard drooling over it.
              Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
              "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
              Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Yeah I know its from Doom but it also made an appearance in Quake II and Quake III, and was renamed the "Dark Matter Gun" in Quake IV.

But yes, pure awesomeness.

Delenn: This is Ambassador Delenn of the Minbari. Babylon 5 is under our protection. Withdraw,...or be destroyed.
                Earth Captain: Negative. We have authority here. Do not force us to engage your ship.
                Delenn: Why not? Only one human captain has ever survived battle with a Minbari fleet. He is behind me. You are in front of me. If you value your lives, be somewhere else.

Comment

Yeah I know its from Doom but it also made an appearance in Quake II and Quake III, and was renamed the "Dark Matter Gun" in Quake IV.

But yes, pure awesomeness.
                  Thats right I remember that. I think I might need to play Quake 4 again. I know some didn't like it but I did.

Comment

It had a good single player but IMO the multiplayer was too much like Quake III.

Wait, why are we talking about Quake again?

Comment

It had a good single player but IMO the multiplayer was too much like Quake III.

Wait, why are we talking about Quake again?
                      Yes and agreed about the multiplayer but I don't do that much especailly on Quake and Halo. People cheat too much.

Comment

Above was my post that led to sci fi lemon's post. I alluded to a Michael possibility.

I get that... my point was that I wasn't replying to your post and the Michael suggestion but specifically to the Carson suggestion...
                        sigpic

Comment

Sorry what BFG are you reffering to because when I think of BFG I'm thinking of this:

Guess I read too much Roald Dahl as a child
                          sigpic

Comment

No, this one:

Comment

Stuff from Joe's today:

Not so miserable at the production offices though. The first draft of The Last Man is out and it’s fantastic.
                              http://josephmallozzi.blogspot.com/2...er-4-2007.html

Comment

Yup, I was thinking of the Dahl BFG too...

Quite frankly, big guns come and big guns go, but big friendly giants will be around forever!

Funnily enough, someone on another thread elsewhere said something about Stargate SG1 still being Stargate SG1 even if Mr Staypuft the marshmallow man joined the team, which got me thinking... picture the scene... the supergate opens... everyone is quiet expecting a vast fleet of Ori ships to emerge... but it's ok, it's just Sgt Staypuft returning from his covert mission to P3X-774.

Ahem... anyway... back on topic...

I agree that 'The Last Man' sounds very very intriguing as an episode title... it does suggest an 'everybody's dead, dave' factor, doesn't it? Like that '60s movie 'The Omega Man'.

Personally I would rather see something a little more inventive than that although... what if this were a time-travel episode, only one where one of the characters, the 'last man' of the title, is somehow thrown forward in time, to a possible future where something unspeakably nasty has happened to, well, everyone... and maybe it will end with said character having to return back to his own timeline in order to warn the past about the future... or something...

The fact that it follows on from, and is apparently linked to, Kindred I and II suggests that Michael may be involved...

Meh, I dunno... maybe it is a little too early to speculate too much about the details of ep.20, particularly as none of us have yet seen episodes 1-19.

But yeah, the more I hear about this season, the better it sounds.

Comment

Working...
                                X