Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"The Last Man" Pre-Airing Discussion and Speculation (Spoilers)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i bet they're playing last man standing deathmatch

Comment

Hmm...

Maybe there's some kind of terrible disaster, leaving the entire expedition dead except for either Sheppard or McKay. Shep/McKay finds a time machine, goes back to save everybody.

Definitely an intriguing title, anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by scifi_lemon View Post
        ITA. It's gonna be one heck of a season!
        Exactly, and normally when there are parts there is usually a decrease in mistakes for continuity and what is established canon. You have to read back to the other episodes to make sure the following ones make sense and don't confuse the audience. So it seems to me that they probably spent a great deal of time reading and writing through the scripts to make sure continuity is intact. Thank the [insert deities] because when bringing people back from the dead you play a dangerous game with continuity.

Originally posted by Naonak View Post
        Hmm...

Maybe there's some kind of terrible disaster, leaving the entire expedition dead except for either Sheppard or McKay. Shep/McKay finds a time machine, goes back to save everybody.

Definitely an intriguing title, anyway.
        When I read the above it made me think that John takes a time machine and turns into the guy in Quantum Leap. McKay is that hologram comp guy.
        Click statement above to read article.

Comment

Originally posted by vaberella View Post
          because when bringing people back from the dead you play a dangerous game with continuity.
          Thanks for my morning laugh. You crack me up! Great observation.
          sigpic

Comment

Well we know Kindred ties into it, which is Carson's return. Michael related possibly?

sigpic
            www.savecarsonbeckett.com
            Visit My Flickr!!

Comment

Originally posted by Jenner8675309 View Post
              Well we know Kindred ties into it, which is Carson's return. Michael related possibly?
              I was thinking that it had something to do with Carson. Perhaps he's the "last man"?

Why do I keep thinking of that one Twilight Zone ep where that guy is the last survivor of the nuclear explosion? Maybe it'll be something like that?

Ugh, this is too much like Unending.
              click it...you know you want to --- you HAVE to click this!

Comment

Originally posted by scifi_lemon View Post
                I was thinking that it had something to do with Carson. Perhaps he's the "last man"?

Why do I keep thinking of that one Twilight Zone ep where that guy is the last survivor of the nuclear explosion? Maybe it'll be something like that?

Ugh, this is too much like Unending.
                Except we know Carson is not in it. He is only in two eps - Kindred Part I and Part II.

I think it's a bit early to say it's too much like Unending based solely on a title... we have no idea yet what the title refers to or how...
                sigpic

Comment

Well, technically, Carson had 2 episodes, then 3, then back to 2. Also, since JM hasn't answered any questions about Carson's episode count for a long time now, things could've changed so that he's in the finale.

Maybe someone should ask him again, hmmm?

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
                    Well, technically, Carson had 2 episodes, then 3, then back to 2. Also, since JM hasn't answered any questions about Carson's episode count for a long time now, things could've changed so that he's in the finale.

Maybe someone should ask him again, hmmm?
                    I'm pretty sure he said fairly definitely a while back that the possible third ep didn't work out and it would only be two.

Plus, we don't know that the finale was the possible third ep he was going to be in.... Kindred could have been intended to air earlier in the season....?

Edit: Checked the info and the last news I can find on the number of eps Carson will be in is from May 10:

It now looks like Carson will feature in just two episodes in Season 4 as "the planned third episode was temporarily shelved".
                    Last edited by Alipeeps; 03 September 2007, 01:03 PM. Reason: Further info
                    sigpic

Comment

Obviously the title means that all the cast get transformed into women, and Lucius Lavin comes back to give all the ladies some luvin
                      sigpic

Comment

Yes, but when did the finale get pitched? It was some time in June, wasn't it?

Ah, here we go:

After all lunch, we finally started work on the first part of the late season two-parter, what Carl has tentatively titled “Rise of the Googlions”. We also took the time to discuss the physics of Martin’s upcoming eppy and Paul’s very cool idea for the season (?) finale, a little episode we’re calling…“Finale“. Amidst all the hard work, we found time to enjoy the big block of chocolate sent to me by the mysterious “Jim”. At 500 grams of decadent 70% cocoa, it’s not only delicious but the perfect murder weapon. I could beat someone to death with it, then conveniently eat the evidence and no one would be any the wiser.
                        http://josephmallozzi.blogspot.com/2...ne-6-2007.html - So that's almost a full month later.

Like I said, Joe's silence means that anything could've happened between May and now.

Comment

Originally posted by Alipeeps View Post
                          Except we know Carson is not in it. He is only in two eps - Kindred Part I and Part II.

I think it's a bit early to say it's too much like Unending based solely on a title... we have no idea yet what the title refers to or how...
                          Just because Carson/Paul isn't in it doesn't mean its not related. We DO know the Kindred flows into the finale and that the Carson door is left open for more eps if there is a S5.

sigpic
                          www.savecarsonbeckett.com
                          Visit My Flickr!!

Comment

Originally posted by Jenner8675309 View Post
                            Just because Carson/Paul isn't in it doesn't mean its not related. We DO know the Kindred flows into the finale and that the Carson door is left open for more eps if there is a S5.
                            I know - my point was that the title "The Last Man" is unlikely to refer to Carson, as someone had suggested, as he is not likely to be in this ep. We know that the plot of the finale is related to Kindred... JM has confirmed that...
                            sigpic

Comment

Maybe its like the SG1 episode with the Skull and Danial touches it and goes out of phase,
                              Only in this case every one else goes out of phase and the one person is left to fix the problem.
                              Just a thought

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark View Post
                                i bet they're playing last man standing deathmatch
                                Yeah they are playing Quake and John just loves killing him with the biggest gun possible.
                                Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                                "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                                Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Working...
                                X