Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"The Last Man" Pre-Airing Discussion and Speculation (Spoilers)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jumper_One View Post
    do you even know what a reset button is?
    It is a device of unspeakable power for resetting something back to a set point

Comment

do you even know what a reset button is?
      Well my take in Stargate is one where they have something huge happen at the start, they run around like headless chickens for 40 mintues then by the end it is as if none of it happened. Maybe some minor plot points are keep within the show to be revisited but the bulk is completely ignored.

Why? What is your understanding of reset button?

I think this season finale will lead us to the opener only by what happens in the last couple of minutes. TPTB thought this would be the last episode of SGA, they had no idea if they would get to play again in this verse.

Comment

Originally posted by Willow'sCat View Post
        Well my take in Stargate is one where they have something huge happen at the start, they run around like headless chickens for 40 mintues then by the end it is as if none of it happened. Maybe some minor plot points are keep within the show to be revisited but the bulk is completely ignored.
        I know what you mean but that's not a reset button imo

Why? What is your understanding of reset button?
        TBTB have only once used the reset button imo, at the beginning of s9 of SG-1

I think this season finale will lead us to the opener only by what happens in the last couple of minutes. TPTB thought this would be the last episode of SGA, they had no idea if they would get to play again in this verse.
        ah but TBTB said they didn't care about that
        sigpic
        The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

all i can say is Todd probably can't be trusted.

Comment

I
            TBTB have only once used the reset button imo, at the beginning of s9 of SG-1
            Well since I didn't watch SG-1 after season 7 really... can you enlighten me as what they did that in your opinion qualified as a reset?

Since you are the one being so pedantic about definitions and all.

Comment

Carson won't be back. It's in Joe's blog.

Comment

Well since I didn't watch SG-1 after season 7 really... can you enlighten me as what they did that in your opinion qualified as a reset?
                simple. TBTB introduced a new enemy, several new characters (including the lead character) and they changed other stuff too but those were the main things

Since you are the one being so pedantic about definitions and all.
                I'm sorry but I just don't get why you and other people might think that TBTB will reset the season. did you check the cast for s5? the team will be intact! Sam will leave, Carson will be back, Woolsey, Vega, Porter and others will join the Atlantis expedition. we'll still fight the Wraith and Michael(?) and another enemy will be introduced during the season. how can you possibly think this would be an attempt by TBTB to reset the season?
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by andy tyler View Post
                  What? S5 spoilers:

Spoiler:
                  Paul McGillion is signed for five episodes in S5. Maybe you mean he won't be back in S4?
                  - Life after Stargate -
                  Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
                  Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
                  sigpic

Comment

that's not true
                    sigpic

Comment

I'm sorry but I just don't get why you and other people might think that TBTB will reset the season. did you check the cast for s5? the team will be intact! Sam will leave, Carson will be back, Woolsey, Vega, Porter and others will join the Atlantis expedition. we'll still fight the Wraith and Michael(?) and another enemy will be introduced during the season. how can you possibly think this would be an attempt by TBTB to reset the season?
                      Maybe I missed it, but I didn't see anyone saying they were going to reset the whole season. They'll just reset the future that plays out in TLM.
                      - Life after Stargate -
                      Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
                      Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Killdeer View Post
                        Maybe I missed it, but I didn't see anyone saying they were going to reset the whole season. They'll just reset the future that plays out in TLM.
                        I see what you mean but this is what Willow'sCat wrote
                        Oh come on the whole ep is nothing but a set up to RESET the season again

**snip**
                        I'm sorry if I misread this post and Willow'sCat was only talking about about the future in TLM
                        sigpic

Comment

I'm sorry if I misread this post and Willow'sCat was only talking about about the future in TLM
                          Sorry, no, I missed that.
                          - Life after Stargate -
                          sigpic

Comment

that's not true
                            i meant he wont be back in the season finale. they just put him in there, why woudl they take him out. he'd be dead after 40k years anyways

Comment

i meant he wont be back in the season finale. they just put him in there, why woudl they take him out. he'd be dead after 40k years anyways
                              that's correct but...
                              Originally posted by Killdeer View Post
                              What? S5 spoilers:

Spoiler:
                              Paul McGillion is signed for five episodes in S5. Maybe you mean he won't be back in S4?
                              sigpic

Comment

Actually what I wrote was more to do with resetting the events of the one episode...TLM.

I just threw in the season to be on the safe side...

Comment

Working...
                                X