No announcement yet.

Clone or Replicator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Carson probably thought he was working towards finding a way to end the wraith kulling of humans, by helping Michael with his research and creating wraith that don't need to feed on humans. Michael quite possibly perverted this work to accomplish his own goals. Hence now Beckett is Michael's prisoner."

and that is a much more "human" aproche then turning wraith into humans so they don't have to be wraith anymore. (i mean that way of thinking is so arrogant, like being a wraith is a disease).

question left is then, what will they feed on now? normal human food?
    (or something more the like of Terry Pratchett's "vampires going clean" making live with surogate things like wine, oxblood and a good strong cup of coffee)

other question is does Michael hate Wraith more then humans? Or equally?
    or has he just something like the more general "god" syndrome and his goal just to dominate the universe (galaxy) as so many evil ones before him...
    sigpic

Comment

It's possible the "bomb" might not have been a bomb at all, it might have been some kind of transporting device the ancients were messing around with, right?

Comment

Originally posted by meezergater View Post
        "He was forced to do it!"

He could have refused.

"He'd have been killed!"

And?"

well, ascended and then returned to make good what he had done wrong? (or his clone had done wrong, it is getting confusing here)

AND only guessing here.

and could have refused??? Wraiths... mindcontrol... torture, do i need say more?
        Would YOU refuse confronted with a wraith or Michael for that matter?
        It was already established that Carson didn't ascend.

As for whether or not I would willingly help Michael? No. My life isn't worth more than thousands of others.

As for mind control, you made the point I was trying to make. If it was some sort of mind control, then Carson can't be trusted.

Comment

didnt the tag line from the add say

"...teylas vision leads the team into a replicator trap and you wont believe what happens in the last five munites..."

if so then id say hes a replicator or a clone built by them and not just a regular clone grown by micheal

but hey who know after all he ditched the uberwraith soilders since the last time we saw him and hes managed tp brainwash all of teylla people and rengineer a virus
          hes been real busy
          Avidffanimation YouTube | AvidffanFiction Youtube | AvidffanAlpha Youtube
          sigpic

Comment

I think the "quick switch in Misbegotten" theory is the most plausible. He's not a replicator or constructed by nanites, he's not un-ascended, and he's not the Carson that died in Sunday (because Rodney said that they're sending a body back to Earth at the end of that episode). The Carson who died in Sunday must've been a duplicate and the real one was taken by Michael in Misbegotten.

Comment

maybe the wraith can transform human subjects in whatever they want biologically through their hands instead of feeding its transforming

tptb better come up with a brilliant way they brought him back
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by The quiet one View Post
                Just wondering about the "clue" to Carson's return at the end of S3. Could it have been all the references in Vengeance to how amazing Michael was to be able to assimilate human technology so quickly??? Perhaps he had help already?
                Yes. JM confirmed that on his 2/23 blog.

I knew we wanted to bring Carson back (The groundwork had been subtly laid way back in Season 3’s Vengeance in which, after some discussion with Carl and Martin, it was decided to go back and layer in a clue pointing to Michael’s involvement in the seeming resurrection. Isn’t it funny how Michael’s made so much progress with the retrovirus? It’s like he’s taken our research and made it his own.).
                As Jumper_One has already quoted, Carson won't be ascended or time travel or replicator. To me, that only leaves clone.

My wild speculation: I think Michael took a sample of Carson's DNA in Misbegotten. We know from Spoils of War that the Wraith have cloning technology. However, the last time I checked their beaming technology did not work through ceilings and walls.

If Michael created a clone, there would be a gap in his memories from Misbegotten to whatever time those suggesting he was replaced before Sunday. Michael would have had to have a dart, scooped up Beckett out in the open without anyone noticing and left the other Beckett who never bothered to mention he'd been "kidnapped" by Michael.

I'm not buying that.

I think the original Carson died in Sunday. The one in The Kindred is a clone - still completely Carson Beckett just not the first one. (And I haven't figured out how he has Carson's memories yet unless Michael has some unknown Wraith ability to "copy" a mind.)

As to why Carson would help Michael, there could be lots of possibilities on that. He could have stolen the information about Hoff from Carson's mind. Someone obviously ransacked the planet looking for the research. The easiest way to get Carson to help him refine it is to threaten to use it. We already know the original serum killed 50% of the population. How could Carson refuse to help if Michael threatened to poison the water supply on numerous worlds. 30% is better than 50%. I don't know if Carson willingly participated in Michael's bug people experiments. Perhaps he thought Michael wanted a cure. Perhaps he was trying to right a wrong by explaining his research to Michael. I guess we'll find out in a few days.
                sigpic
                Sig by Luciana
                My LJ Proud member of W.A.S.P. My Fanfics

Comment

Carson's poor mother. I hope she is still alive to see her son again.
                  I watch HD on a 7.5 foot screen, how about you?

Comment

i think carson is a an ascended being , he has to be JM said he is not a clone or a replicator, unless he is and JM just said it to us in away clever that we totally missed it
                    sigpic
                    May the odds be ever in your Favor ! oh and please say hello to me on Skype and Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by MIZA View Post
                      i think carson is a an ascended being , he has to be JM said he is not a clone or a replicator, unless he is and JM just said it to us in away clever that we totally missed it

Actually JM said that he was the same, HUMAN, Carson we all know and loved.

He also said that he was not a Replicator or anything else, he also removed any thought of him being Ascended with a firm NO.

The only logical way he could return is via cloning.

I wonder, could I be in Stargate?
                      Probably not

Comment

didnt TPTB say they havent done this way before

Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWmw1u2to5M

Currently recruiting new staff

Comment

guys read the article
                          But resurrected he will be -- though we don't yet know how. Executive producer Joseph Mallozzi has told fans that it will be Carson Beckett in the flesh who returns, and not an ascended being, a time-traveler, or alternate universe version of the character.
                          also
                          UPDATE: Our original report stated that Joseph Mallozzi had indicated that Beckett's return would not involve a clone. In fact, what he ruled out was a time-traveling Beckett or an alternate universe double.
                          http://www.gateworld.net/news/2008/0...argate_a.shtml
                          sigpic
                          The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Is anyone else reminded of Futurama? "Clone, robot, or long lost twin? Taking all bets!"

Cloning seems to be the most obvious way to bring the character back in, but that means new-Carson has spent 2 years imprisoned by Michael! Poor little Carson. I can't imagine that he would willing help the wraith in any way, which begs the question of what he's been doing all this time?

Hmm. I will be interested to see how he is written back in. Bringing a character back to life is always tricky - but then this is sci-fi, so there aren't really any rules.

Comment

Originally posted by Detox View Post
                              What he is? What is he? A clone? A replicator?

No. It's Carson. I'm guessing the Carson that died was a fake.
                              Ooooh!! Hadn't even considered that the 'Sunday' Carson might have been the fake - very twisty! Does anyone know how much committment The PTB might have made to Paul McGillion for future episodes? That might give us a clue as to whether Carson (whatever he may be) has any significant future plot threads....

Comment

Spoiler:
                                5 episodes at the least
                                Originally posted by aretood2
                                Jelgate is right

Comment

Working...
                                X