Clone or Replicator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Vala_M View Post
    I agree. But when would Michael have been able to capture and clone Dr. Beckett? Does this mean that he was captured since early season 3?

Vala,
    If he was captured in Missbegotten, first ep in season 3, he would have waited 1,5 -2 years to be rescued! Man, that's a long time!
    I'm a 60%er | Sigs are made by me and othersThe Lorne Identity - A Lorne fanfiction collection community.

Comment

Although Misbegotten would make sense since that's the last time Becket and Mikey were together, I don't think they knew they were gonna kill him off when they wrote that. Plus didn't JM say they wrote an escape hatch to bring him back into late S3? So there must be some clue in the episodes surrounding Sunday.

Perfecto!

Comment

i would lean more toward the clone theory and i believe that the one from "...and you won't believe what happens in the last five minutes" ( ) is it.
        i think that the ACTUAL carson met is fate in "sunday" but michael was able to make a clone with carson's memories (misbegotten) who believes that he is the original.

on a side note, what is up with michael and his weirdness with tela?
        sigpic

Comment

This:

Michael replaced Carson with a clone, and took the real one. They were both real Carsons, but their lives efectively split up when he was Cloned. Theoretically, he should be reinstated as chief of medical if he is returned.
          My heart beats in 13/8.

Comment

i don't know what to think but i had a vision of what is to come.........ok so i didn't have a vision but i had a idea.

what if the carson is a replicator......now hold on. don't jump on me yet,

we know that he was moved to reaccuring status for season five. what if....he is going to be replacing tori higgins as the lead replicator. we know she pulled out and the writers have said that her not coming back is ok cause we can work around that. (not word for word but i found that bit here on gateworld)

so this is the reason he is a rep. cause he will be starting the plan weir mentioned at the close of that ep after all the reps were destroyed.

Comment

I've always thought that the Carson that died was a clone after I heard that this was going to be the real him. If they explain what happened in next week's episode, they'll probably do some flashback to a season 3 episode explaining what went down.

Comment

Originally posted by mudbloodpotter View Post
                i don't know what to think but i had a vision of what is to come.........ok so i didn't have a vision but i had a idea.

what if the carson is a replicator......now hold on. don't jump on me yet,

we know that he was moved to reaccuring status for season five. what if....he is going to be replacing tori higgins as the lead replicator. we know she pulled out and the writers have said that her not coming back is ok cause we can work around that. (not word for word but i found that bit here on gateworld)

so this is the reason he is a rep. cause he will be starting the plan weir mentioned at the close of that ep after all the reps were destroyed.
                Spoiler:
                In the preview for Kindred Part 2, Mckay says that Carson is not a Replicator, the tests would of found something if he was.

I wonder, could I be in Stargate?
                Probably not

Comment

I like to throw my 2 cents of thought into this
                  Spoiler:
                  Im sorry if someone has already said this, Maybe he ascended just before he got cooked on sunday, and maybe had a similar path like Daniel Jackson with the interfering with the lower plain and got casted back down with all his memories intact.
                  DAM YOU SCI FI.....DAM U TO SCI HELL arghhhh.....

Comment

Originally posted by metabog View Post
                    This:

Michael replaced Carson with a clone, and took the real one. They were both real Carsons, but their lives efectively split up when he was Cloned. Theoretically, he should be reinstated as chief of medical if he is returned.
                    That is the most likely scenario. I don't want him being reinstated as CMO though. Keller has more than earned it IMO.
                    Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                    "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                    Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

This is the end all answer! He is NOT a replicator, nor did he ascend.

Spoiler:
                      "While Dr. Beckett is not a regular character in Season 4, he returns to Stargate Atlantis in the two-part Season 4 episode The Kindred; Carson appears at the end of the first episode, where he is discovered in a holding cell inside a base held by Michael's followers. According to an earlier interview with producer Joe Mallozzi it is Carson Beckett in the flesh, and not a version of Beckett from an alternate universe or from the past. It has also been confirmed that Beckett did not ascend upon his death, meaning that when McKay talked to him at the end of Sunday was in McKay's imagination.

Mallozzi said that he regretted killing off Dr. Beckett after he saw the fans' reactions, and thought up a way to bring him back. Mallozzi said that there's a 'clue' in a late-Season 3 episode about Beckett."

"In a press release [22] on February 5, it was mentioned that Beckett will return for a total of five episodes in season 5."

Comment

Originally posted by mikeroq View Post
                        This is the end all answer! He is NOT a replicator, nor did he ascend.

Spoiler:
                        "While Dr. Beckett is not a regular character in Season 4, he returns to Stargate Atlantis in the two-part Season 4 episode The Kindred; Carson appears at the end of the first episode, where he is discovered in a holding cell inside a base held by Michael's followers. According to an earlier interview with producer Joe Mallozzi it is Carson Beckett in the flesh, and not a version of Beckett from an alternate universe or from the past. It has also been confirmed that Beckett did not ascend upon his death, meaning that when McKay talked to him at the end of Sunday was in McKay's imagination.

Mallozzi said that he regretted killing off Dr. Beckett after he saw the fans' reactions, and thought up a way to bring him back. Mallozzi said that there's a 'clue' in a late-Season 3 episode about Beckett."

"In a press release [22] on February 5, it was mentioned that Beckett will return for a total of five episodes in season 5."
                        He could still be a clone but I think it is the real beckett.
                        Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                        "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                        Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

i think it is the "real" beckett. I think in misbegotten, Michael captured the real one and replaced him with a clone. How? don't ask me. Ever since, this real beckett has been helping mike with his viruses and all that sort of stuff.

Comment

Been reviewing S3 episodes and I may have a technology to fit the bill. Using the people storage tech from the Ark, plus some wraith hacking, Michael could have come up with a plan to "beam out" Beckett...save the data...and "beam him back" while saving a copy of his "code". He would have been able to learn of the hoffman virus from the stolen info they snagged during the wraith "alliance" and kept that trump card to himself.

If a human people could figure out how to do what they did in the Ark using wraith tech, then Michael, smart as he is (and maybe with a little asurian help) could surely figure out how to rig up a nice "people xerox machine". While Beckett was wandering round to find someone to fish with him, would be a perfect time to slip in, since no one was on guard, and make a Carson-carbon copy...since beaming takes virtually no time, a quick beam-copy-beam could be done very quickly and who is to know? Then he beams the copy in and out of storage as needed to work on the virus with some false info to make him believe he is the only Beckett and that he is working with Michael towards a solution to the Wraith problem.

What do ya'll think about that story line?
                            Last edited by Ondine; 23 February 2008, 04:31 PM.