No announcement yet.

Clone or Replicator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

But resurrected he will be -- though we don't yet know how. Executive producer Joseph Mallozzi has told fans that it will be Carson Beckett in the flesh who returns, and not an ascended being, a time-traveler, or alternate universe version of the character.
    http://www.gateworld.net/news/2008/0...argate_a.shtml

it's either a clone or the real Carson (I'm definitely hoping for the latter)
    sigpic
    The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

It was my understanding that the wraith didnt have the beaming tech that the daedalus has, and if thats the case then wouldnt a dart have had to have flown in or around atlantis then beamed beckett up then beam the clone down, (this is the clone theory everyone keeps goin on about im addressing here), if this is the case then seams very unlikely where this was where the switch took place as atlantis would have detected the dart way before it arrived.

I do like the other theory that when michael had him prisoner for that time the switch could have been made then, this seems the only plausible theory.

But clone or not, Becketts back, even though it may be 5 episodes next season i am absolutely chuffed, great actor, great character, glad to have him back.

Comment

Clearly he is a Ferengi!

Just look at his ears!

Comment

Originally posted by melfan View Post
          A bit spoilerish
          Spoiler:
          according to next week promo, he's the real carson becket. And he finds out there was another him, that died in an explosion.

We all have to wait and see until next week ep what will happen. I don't wanna speculate if he's the real one or not. But I hope he's the real deal!
          Thats what i was thinking! That
          Spoiler:
          the carson that died in sunday was a clone and this carson is the real deal!
          Put in spoilers just in case!
          sigpic
          Sig Created by Lovley Lahela!

Comment

Originally posted by metabog View Post
            This:

Michael replaced Carson with a clone, and took the real one. They were both real Carsons, but their lives efectively split up when he was Cloned. Theoretically, he should be reinstated as chief of medical if he is returned.
            As much as I would LOVE for him to, he won't be seeing as Dr. Keller is Full Time Member next year and He will be coming back for only 5 episodes next season.
            sigpic
            Sig Created by Lovley Lahela!

Comment

I hope the 'resurrected' Carson is a clone, or a Wraith beaming duplicate, or something. Has Carson ever been zapped up by a Wraith dart? I can't remember. I doubt he's RepliCarson, that's been done to death and I don't know how Michael would get his hands on a RepliCarson to begin with. Perhaps he, like every other smart [i.e. non-human] person, was pillaging Asuras just before it blew.
              I'd hate to think the selfless man in Sunday was actually not quite real. Besides, it'll raise wonderful issues for the team if he's not 'real'. How would he adjust to life knowing he's not the 'real' Carson? How would his friends? More importantly, how would the IOA/SGC/etc. react to him? That would explain his few episodes coming up.
              sigpic
              More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Originally posted by metabog View Post
                Theoretically, he should be reinstated as chief of medical if he is returned.
                Really? You think that a person who's been held in enemy hands for 1-2 years is really trustworthy?

Even if he is the real Carson and not a clone or Repli-whatever, can he be trusted? What was done to him in those years? Was he brainwashed? Is he the Atlantis version of Rya'c with deadly chemicals in his teeth?

Michael said that he had help with the Hoffan drug. Was Carson the help? Would you want someone on staff who helped Michael kill thousands of people? And it is murder. It's nothing like Hoff. They chose to take the drug. The people that Michael infected didn't. Do you consider Carson an accessory to murder? The case could be made.

"He was forced to do it!"

He could have refused.

"He'd have been killed!"

And?

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffala View Post

He could have refused.

"He'd have been killed!"

And?
                  Carson would rather die, methinks. He said it himself during Poisoning the Well: "First, do no harm."

Comment

"In a press release [22] on February 5, it was mentioned that Beckett will return for a total of five episodes in season 5"

It was said that he signed for 5 episodes in season 5 to begin with!
                    Joe answered also in his Blogg that when a briljant idea for a 6th episode in season 5 for Beckett would turn up with the writers, there would be no problems standing in the way for more return episodes for Paul/Beckett. (Joe's own words on that subject were: "absolutely yes!")

as for Keller?? i don't want to even mention her.
                    she said herself to Weir in one of the season 3 episodes that she was very reluctant to fill Carsons place as head CMO. (and in fact was asking when her replacement as temp. CMO would arrive)
                    If indeed Carson is his (relative) real self and can be trusted (he, the guy was tortured for christ sake, in the Michael episode at least and probably more while he was captured. Cut him some slack) I see no problems in him filling his old CMO place again.

I only dearly wished that if they indeed plan to hang on to Keller as a regular caracter, they would give her "something" to work with. Up till now, she is only very easy on the eyes (for the male half of the fan base it seems).
                    Her caracter is bland, shallow, withouth fun, humour or good lines and the intonation of her voice drives me crazy. (i wonder if that is Jewels own way of talking or just the way she puts down her Keller caracter).
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by talyn2k1 View Post
                      Its possible that Michael got hold of a DNA sample, cloned a new Carson, then performed the switch out sometime before Sunday.

Any ideas how much time passed between Michael's first appearance and his last Sunday? That would give us an idea of how much time he would've had from his first possible opportunity to get a DNA sample, to the death of the other Carson.

I'm certain that the Carson we saw last night is the real one and the Carson that died was a clone.

I reckon you're right, the Carson that died was a clone, he didn't know that of course, and at some point Michael performed the old switcheroo!!! Michael made his own creatures for god's sake , cloning a man shouldn't be too much of stretch!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
                        That is the most likely scenario. I don't want him being reinstated as CMO though. Keller has more than earned it IMO.

She has earned her place as CMO??? in what way??? I doubt they will reinstate Carson Beckett though given he's only in 5 eps next season, great to have him back though.

Someone here suggested he might a returned ancient, which is something i never thought of, but don't they need to be in the same galaxy to take action on people??

I think Michael used him in some way to create the drug that he studied with the Hoffans. Perhaps he will dedicate his life to undoing the damage.

Comment

He could have refused.

"He'd have been killed!"

And?"

well, ascended and then returned to make good what he had done wrong? (or his clone had done wrong, it is getting confusing here)

AND only guessing here.

and could have refused??? Wraiths... mindcontrol... torture, do i need say more?
                          Would YOU refuse confronted with a wraith or Michael for that matter?

also this scene from season four replicator episode keeps hanging in my mind:

were the "good" replicators turn up, saying Weir had something to do with them, and then (sheppard i believe) asks why Keller is one of the replicators and not Beckett, since it came from Weirs memories.
                          allthough i asume now that the whole plot of Beckett being a replicator is out of the books. (see trailer part 2)
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffala View Post
                            Really? You think that a person who's been held in enemy hands for 1-2 years is really trustworthy?

Even if he is the real Carson and not a clone or Repli-whatever, can he be trusted? What was done to him in those years? Was he brainwashed? Is he the Atlantis version of Rya'c with deadly chemicals in his teeth?

Michael said that he had help with the Hoffan drug. Was Carson the help? Would you want someone on staff who helped Michael kill thousands of people? And it is murder. It's nothing like Hoff. They chose to take the drug. The people that Michael infected didn't. Do you consider Carson an accessory to murder? The case could be made.

He could have refused.

"He'd have been killed!"

And?
                            Carson probably thought he was working towards finding a way to end the wraith kulling of humans, by helping Michael with his research and creating wraith that don't need to feed on humans. Michael quite possibly perverted this work to accomplish his own goals. Hence now Beckett is Michael's prisoner.

Comment

I should have expected Carson was the one Michael was refering to when he said he had help. No one else could have told Michael enough about the Hoffan drug and the way to improve it like he did. The question is how did Michael make this new Carson.

It is unlikely a replicator:
                              1. He has the knowledge of the original.
                              2. A real replicator would have killed everyone of his guards that he sees.

A descended ancient is also unlikely why did he choose to descend where Michael could get to him.

I suspect it is a clone. Wraith do posses cloning method we don't know how advance it is though. This may be colerrated with Spoils of War. I originally thought the Wraith had genetic memory to build an army quickly. I mean after cloning they had to train thousands of warriors Unless they could clone there armies like the Asgards.
                              Stargate Revival Please!

Comment

Just wondering about the "clue" to Carson's return at the end of S3. Could it have been all the references in Vengeance to how amazing Michael was to be able to assimilate human technology so quickly??? Perhaps he had help already?

Comment

Working...
                                X