Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"The Kindred" Pre-Airing Discussion and Speculation (Spoilers)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Josie View Post
    The bit about "Scavenging the ruins of a dead world" made me wonder if we were going to see the Travellers in this episode.
    I thought that as well at first, but unless the filming of the episode starts not next week, but the following week, Larrin won't be in it. Jill Wagner is filming a movie in Oklahoma City until the end of the month. Another member of that race is possible and since they have to cast for it, it obviously will be someone we haven't seen yet. It could also just be some random person/explorer who is doing the same thing as the Travelers but through the stargates.
    Spoiler:
    sigpic

Comment

Update on Kindred I+II
      The afternoon was dedicated to notes (Sci Fi on Kindred I and the writers on Alan’s rewrite of Kindred II)
      PG15 writes: “1). How many scenes does a typical episode usually have? 2). That Caldwell-Shep scene; it's in Kindred Part 1, yes?”

Answers: 1) It really depends on the script. 2) Yup.
      http://josephmallozzi.blogspot.com/2...y-21-2007.html

Really excited about the Shep-Caldwell scene. Wonder what it's gonna be about!
      Folding@Home|Babylon 5 Canon Guide

Delenn: This is Ambassador Delenn of the Minbari. Babylon 5 is under our protection. Withdraw,...or be destroyed.
      Earth Captain: Negative. We have authority here. Do not force us to engage your ship.
      Delenn: Why not? Only one human captain has ever survived battle with a Minbari fleet. He is behind me. You are in front of me. If you value your lives, be somewhere else.
      --Babylon 5 - "Severed Dreams"

Comment

And just in case it hasn't been posted, here is the part where Joe was talking about it, from a few days ago:

Also, congratulations to me for finally getting handle on that Caldwell-Sheppard Daedalus scene that will touch on the repercussions from an earlier episode. Now, all I have to do is write it.
        http://josephmallozzi.blogspot.com/2...y-19-2007.html

Comment

Originally posted by Xicer View Post
          Originally posted by prion View Post
          Congratulations to Alan McCullough who handed in his first draft of Kindred II. There won’t be a dry eye in the house when this one airs.

Hmm, wonder who dies.....
          Carson (for real this time) maybe? Since we know this is the episode where he comes back.
          That also keeps me wondering. But then, JM specifically pointed out that the door would be open for further appearances of Carson in the following season.

Okay, I know it's not impossible to let him come back for an ep or two in the future even if he dies, but I think the whole dying-and-unexpectedly-returning-thing would surely become a bit boring/unimaginative, or not?!
          twinchaosblade .......................... ...... ...... ..........................Homepage and FanFic
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by twinchaosblade View Post

Okay, I know it's not impossible to let him come back for an ep or two in the future even if he dies, but I think the whole dying-and-unexpectedly-returning-thing would surely become a bit boring/unimaginative, or not?!
            I think so. IMO, either let him stay dead, or bring him back. Don't play games.
            sigpic
            MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
            "...phu...ah..."
            "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
            Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Yea, it would just be Daniel all over again.

Delenn: This is Ambassador Delenn of the Minbari. Babylon 5 is under our protection. Withdraw,...or be destroyed.
              Earth Captain: Negative. We have authority here. Do not force us to engage your ship.
              Delenn: Why not? Only one human captain has ever survived battle with a Minbari fleet. He is behind me. You are in front of me. If you value your lives, be somewhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by Xicer View Post
                Yea, it would just be Daniel all over again.
                Only, that we know of so far, Carson didn't ascend like Daniel did. Daniel at least had a reason for being able to come back.
                sigpic
                MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                "...phu...ah..."
                "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by scifi_lemon View Post
                  We don't want Carson to become the Daniel of SGA.
                  Actually I quite liked those storylines but it wouldn't work with Carson unless they make him ascend.
                  Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                  "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                  Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                    Only, that we know of so far, Carson didn't ascend like Daniel did. Daniel at least had a reason for being able to come back.
                    Exactly and those were good stories as well. As long as they bring Carson back well they better not kill him again.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
                      Exactly and those were good stories as well. As long as they bring Carson back well they better not kill him again.
                      I don't think they will (well I hope not). The door will supposedly be left open for more after these 2 eps. I mean, why bring him back only to kill him again in 2 eps? Seems rather pointless.

But I was one of the optimists who never believed the rumors in the first place and was shocked that it actually happened. I'm not a good judge on what TPTB are planning to do.

sigpic
                      www.savecarsonbeckett.com
                      Visit My Flickr!!

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                        IMO, either let him stay dead, or bring him back. Don't play games.
                        Motion seconded!
                        The Brains
                        The Heart
                        The Soul
                        The Strength
                        The Voice of Reason
                        The Will

It's My Atlantis

^_^,ll..

Comment

Actually I quite liked those storylines but it wouldn't work with Carson unless they make him ascend.
                          I liked the Daniel storylines too. What I meant was that I didn't want them to keep killing him off and bringing him back.
                          click it...you know you want to --- you HAVE to click this!

Comment

Looks like they just started shooting Kindred Part One already. Here are some pics from JM's blog.

Carter
                            Carter and Keller
                            Ronon
                            Ronon, Shep, and Rodney
                            More Ronon, Shep, and Rodney
                            Ronon again
                            Some more Ronon, Shep, and Rodney plus some more crew
                            See Above

http://josephmallozzi.blogspot.com/2...y-24-2007.html

Comment

Originally posted by scifi_lemon View Post
                              I liked the Daniel storylines too. What I meant was that I didn't want them to keep killing him off and bringing him back.
                              Agreed.

Comment

Some more updates on the production:

Paul and Alan are prepping Kindred II while I think about that final open script slot and, of course, research San Diego restaurants. After a day of shooting Kindred I, we’re shooting the final day of Miller’s Crossing, then will be switching back to Kindred I when we return on Monday.
                                http://josephmallozzi.blogspot.com/2...y-25-2007.html

Comment

Working...
                                X