X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WingedPegasus View Post
    Where was Ronon then?
    He was on the mainland with Shep getting the plant to make the medicine.
    Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Originally posted by WingedPegasus View Post
      Where was Ronon then?
      With Shep.
      Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
      "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
      Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by AGateFan View Post
        I thought Teyla was really good in this, which is funny since she didn’t have that much screen time but she kept Rodney (and the others at the end) focused. I like little skittish Zelinka. I thought the new doctor did a fine job.
        I loved Teyla and Zelinka in this one, too. Keller is becoming a favorite of mine already. I really loved seeing Teyla and Rodney interact. We don't see them together much.
        I thought Carter did also did a fine job falling back to a more SG-1ish version of herself (I don’t know why I think that but that’s how it struck me).
        I also figured out early that it was going to be a common disease in Pegasus and that Teyla and Ronan would be immune (its really surprising there haven’t been more of this type of ep.....I guess if a SG-1 ep must be compared to it, it would be Broca Divide).
        I thought Carter went back into SG-1 mode when she lost her memory, too. She was going on pure instinct. She knew who she trusted and went with her gut. She reminded me of the Sam from Beneath the Surface, and that made total sense since that episode involved memory loss, too. I also think that Sam's behavior at the beginning (cool headed Sam-in-Command but still trying to fit into her new environment) contrasted well with Sam minus her memory (SG-1 mode and going on gut instinct). Excellent job!
        However, I kind of thought for a minute that they killed off Katie too, especially after those 2 men died. I was prepared for the firestorm on this board, so in a way I will miss that she didn’t die .....although I really am happy she didn’t. I do like that McKay has a girlfriend so we don’t have to worry about ship with him.
        Yeah, I was worried too. Katie makes McKay a more well-rounded character. I'm glad she isn't dead. I loved that McKay was willing to even endure sitting around the infirmary for her. It was so sweet. I'm glad the writers took the chance on giving us a little love story.
        I was entertained like a classic SG-1 ep. So good job whoever wrote it.
        Couldn't agree with you more! It was a 10/10 in my book! Definitely the best episode of the season!
        Last edited by Gate gal; 02 November 2007, 08:07 PM. Reason: made no sense :S

Comment

I am gonna get something thrown at me for this one...

I predict the thread traffic will be spread out throughout the weekend because a lot of people DVR'd the show and will watch over the next few days.
          sigpic

Comment

This was one of my favorite episodes so far. Just all around awesome!

The actors were beyond amazing. Honestly, who knew Kavan could play a crack head so well?

The story line was a bit jumpy but I couldn't think about anything else! It was so good! I didn't like Travelers so this was the perfect come back for me.

Can't wait for Missing!!

sigpic
            Sig by me!
            My FanFic's

Comment

Well I have to say it I really love/like this episode. 10/10

Everybody had something to do, and they did it well, I like the time shifting and Mckey did so good (this is the second episode I love his acting) that last scene was so good and touching, for a minute there I thought not that Katie? would die, but that she would woke up and she couldn't remember who Mckey was, I was surprise the writers didn't kill her or gave Mckay more angst.

Love Carter/Mckay scaping she was holding Mckay's hand leading him to safety so funny.

Ronon and Sheppard in the main land really good.

And Teyla protecting Mckay and taking care of them was so good also.

Have to say SGA is winning me over.

Mckay:When I said I was finish I guess I wasn't Kidding
              Carter: Now what?
              Teyla: Now we just have to hope that Col. Sheppard and Ronon completed their side of the mission
              Carter,Selenka,Mckay: (Looking at Teyla) Who?

Quote of the episode

Lorne: This is our commanding officer
              Sheppard:That's right..I'm your comanding officer...so you should do what I say
              Lorne: Yes sir..what are your orders
              Sheppard: Do what he says (turning and looking at Ronon)
              Last edited by Mack_1; 02 November 2007, 08:18 PM.
              sigpic

Dare and Dream

Comment

I thought it was a great ep! Finally, finally, FINALLY after sifting through 5 mediocre to poor eps I've found an ep I'd sit down and watch again, right now, with no hesitation. This is why I stick around rather than flat out giving up on the show!

The entire ep kept my interest as the mysteries kept on unraveling. I knew about the virus, but I didn't know why Teyla was important or why the military was hunting down people or what had happened to Ronon and Shep. So it was fun to see how everything played out during the ep.

No one annoyed me in this ep! That's got to be some sort of record! Shep wasn't his smug, irritating self or having women throw themselves at him, Ronon didn't go all caveman, Rodney wasn't whiny or the butt of jokes, Teyla didn't seem stiff PLUS she got to kick butt AND was responsible for solving the ep's problem! How often does that happen?! Plus this was the first time I felt that Keller was really CO of the medical division and Carter even blended well into the ep. And to top it off, the Katie/Rodney scenes didn't bother me nearly as much as I thought they would. Wow! Still wouldn't have minded if she bit it, though.

Who wrote this ep? Oh, it's Alan McCullough. Funny, I thought his stuff on SG1 was kinda eh, but this ep was wonderful. And he's slated for 2 more SGA eps, so I'm expecting great things from him. No pressure.

Comment

Great episode, I think we have consensus! I liked the way it was structured flashback/present and eventually merging them. Also great was the way all the characters were taken outside of their standard roles a bit. Gotta love Zelenka turning into a wily elusive survivor-type.
                  Good to see Rodney with a girlfriend, offers a bit of balance to him.
                  Kudos to the writers, they pulled off a great episode and if you think about it, they kinda did it on the cheap. No big space battles, minimal special effects, just running around the SGA set.

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
                    Did you guys see the new Sci-fi lineup for Friday? Woo hoo!

Flash Gordon 8/7c
                    Stargate Atlantis 9/8c
                    Stargate Atlantis(New) 10/9c
                    Can I ask where you saw that? That would be great, but the schedule I see posted at Sci-Fi only shows that happening on one Friday, the night of the mid-season finale.
                    But I loved that we got so many Stargate SG-1 eps tonight!

Comment

Originally posted by Mack_1 View Post
                      Teyla: Now we just have to hope that Col. Sheppard and Ronon completed their side of the mission

Quote of the episode

I have to say, those are some of the best lines for me in this episode! lol....along with the Czech that Zelenka starts to mutter after first meeting Rodney with both of their lost memory! lol....such a good episode!

Comment

Originally posted by beneaththeblue View Post
                        Can I ask where you saw that? That would be great, but the schedule I see posted at Sci-Fi only shows that happening on one Friday, the night of the mid-season finale.
                        After the preview of the new episode, it shows a pic of the shows and times. You can ask anyone here who watched the ep live, probably saw it also.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mack_1 View Post
                          Well I have to say it I really love/like this episode. 10/10

Everybody had something to do, and they did it well, I like the time shifting and Mckey did so good (this is the second episode I love his acting) that last scene was so good and touching, for a minute there I thought not that Katie? would die, but that she would woke up and she couldn't remember who Mckey was, I was surprise the writers didn't kill her or gave Mckay more angst.

Love Carter/Mckay scaping she was holding Mckay's hand leading him to safety so funny.

Ronon and Sheppard in the main land really good.

And Teyla protecting Mckay and taking care of them was so good also.

Have to say SGA is winning me over.

Quote of the episode

I agree and I'm personally glad they didn't kill Katie off or I'd be pissed. As to the quote I 100% agree I loved that scene!
                          Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                          "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                          Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Very nice episode, kept my interest from beginning to end.

A previous poster made mention of the fact that all the characters were "out of their element." I think that may be what I appreciated most about the whole ep. I took all the major characters and kind of stood them on their heads, character-wise. And gave just about everyone of them some great little moments along the way.

And yea! lots of Teyla in this ep. Including one great little fight scene. BTW, who is RL's stunt double? that fall and slide across the corridor when Teyla is stunned by Lorne's men was wicked.

Plus lots of Lorne. My appreciation of Kavan Smith and the character of Lorne just keeps on growing with each appearance.

I also have to revise my opinion of Sam's hair. I hated it in one of the last episodes with its funky, clunky upsweep, but it looks good on her in this ep.

All in all, a good ep. Not that I've disliked any of the eps this season. At least we haven't what I consider real clunkers, like the Richard Kind "love drug" episode. Blech.....

ladyjanus

Comment

i was def tricked into being visibly upset at the writers at the end there... good save, not adding to a growing list of casulaties of... well something
                              -great episode!
                              ..not even moros/meirden/merlin nor the rest of the ancients, could find a cure... for male pattern baldness!

What?.. Its a ship that goes through the gate.

...Or it could mean a piece of our leg...

In the middle of my backswing!?

That function is not possible

However, I must admit that I am partial to the tater tots.

Comment

Originally posted by beneaththeblue View Post
                                Just rewatched the end of SGA and I can confirm the new line up is:
                                Flash
                                SGA
                                New SGA

Yeah!

Man, it was even better the second time around. This is actually in my top ten SGA episodes, I think.

I loved Teyla's fight scene, too. The little moments on the planet with Ronan and John nearly coming to blows were pretty great, too. And Lorne...he was just great!

Comment

Working...
                                X