This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by siXbrownSnakes2 View Post
    agreed, but this one was simply "insert plant into vents".

take "Sateda" for example. You knew Ronon was eventually going to be rescued, but you had no idea how it was going to take place. In this episode, you essentially knew that rodney/sam would find Teyla, and that Ronan/Shep would return with the plant and it would go into the vents and... well.. bam!

I liked the episode in general, but I think that the plot could have been unraveled in a different way that could have set up a more suspenseful end of the episode.
    I think the problem was that there was too much given away at once which made it predictable. That and the SciFi Channel promo which gave away a bit too much info (like they usually do). I think it would have been really cool if there were no flashbacks at all and we just went through the whole episode seeing everything through the points of view of everyone affected by the memory loss. Would have been a great way to connect the audience to story. But then again, I suppose we would be missing a lot of stuff too. Ah well, it was entertaining and that's all that matters.
    Folding@Home|Babylon 5 Canon Guide

Delenn: This is Ambassador Delenn of the Minbari. Babylon 5 is under our protection. Withdraw,...or be destroyed.
    Earth Captain: Negative. We have authority here. Do not force us to engage your ship.
    Delenn: Why not? Only one human captain has ever survived battle with a Minbari fleet. He is behind me. You are in front of me. If you value your lives, be somewhere else.
    --Babylon 5 - "Severed Dreams"

Comment

Originally posted by Jackie View Post
      ep was good but I really hate the time frame jumping. Found it rather distracting. Wish there was less Stargate Rodney...though DH did a great job.

It's odd seeing Sam reduced to a supporting character role--I felt that she should have had more of a role in this ep. Especially since she's replacing Weir and now facing a medical crises where she won't remember who she is.

Dr. Keller did rather well--but I would have loved to have seen Beckett in that same situation--same with Weir.

Major Lorrin showed potential of having a very interesting story arc and so did Zelenka. Zelenka should have had a huge role since he had the crystal. Not really enough sheppard in this as well. The ep could have been a 2 parter for sure.

Over all it was good though
      To me, carter seemed alright. It would have been nice if tptb could have worked both Weir and Beckett into Season 4 along with Carter and Keller. And, it's Major Lorne. I think Carter's role was fine. What else could she have done anyway?
      Never, never, never believe any war will be smooth or easy...

... or that any man can measure the tides and hurricanes he will
      encounter on the strange journey.

Spoiler:

2 Cor. 10:3-5
      3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:
      4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds; )
      5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

Comment

Overall, tonight's episode was a really good one. The story, for me anyways, really worked well flipping back and forth between the past and present. Some very nice character moments too. I like Rodney and Katie together.
        sigpic
        MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
        "...phu...ah..."
        "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
        Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by Jackie View Post
          ep was good but I really hate the time frame jumping. Found it rather distracting. Wish there was less Stargate Rodney...though DH did a great job.

It's odd seeing Sam reduced to a supporting character role--I felt that she should have had more of a role in this ep. Especially since she's replacing Weir and now facing a medical crises where she won't remember who she is.

Dr. Keller did rather well--but I would have loved to have seen Beckett in that same situation--same with Weir.

Major Lorrin showed potential of having a very interesting story arc and so did Zelenka. Zelenka should have had a huge role since he had the crystal. Not really enough sheppard in this as well. The ep could have been a 2 parter for sure.

Over all it was good though
          The time shift was actually done really well, imo. I loved how they time-shift just BAM! came together. Sunday, they sorta jumped around too much.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
            I agree there. I would uptick the ep to like a 4.5/5 only because that scene with Rodney and Katie was really touching. It shows how much Rodney can really care for someone.........and this folks........ is character development, imo! Woo hoo!
            There has been alot of that this year.

I liked Teyla in this episode, but I still found her moment speaking to Ronon in Reunion really really good in comparison.

I agree on the Rodney/Katie scenes were great!

Comment

Originally posted by Mattathias2.0 View Post
              There has been alot of that this year.

I liked Teyla in this episode, but I still found her moment speaking to Ronon in Reunion really really good in comparison.

I agree on the Rodney/Katie scenes were great!
              SGA is having a lot more heartfeld moments, and that is really great to add to the character's chemistry.
              sigpic

Comment

SGA is having a lot more heartfeld moments, and that is really great to add to the character's chemistry.
                I couldn't agree more. It's a real shame we haven't seen as many of these kinds of moments in previous seasons.
                sigpic
                MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                "...phu...ah..."
                "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                  I couldn't agree more. It's a real shame we haven't seen as many of these kinds of moments in previous seasons.
                  The only flaw to this episode was...

It was not long enough!
                  sigpic

Comment

What's this about "finding" Teyla? Was she hiding or something?

Anybody got a summary?
                    || twitter || tumblr ||

Comment

Originally posted by WingedPegasus View Post

Anybody got a summary?
                      She was actually captured by Lorne. This is where the time-shifting came together. I think that very well done how it was a mystery... where is Waldo.. er um Teyla, and the scene where she encounters Lorne and his men is the same exact moment where the episode begins. I thought it was really clever.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by WingedPegasus View Post

Anybody got a summary?
                        She was captured by Lorne's team.
                        Rodney knew he needed her help since she was the only one in the city that could remember anything. So he left himself a message to make sure he went to find her when he had finished the program to disburse the medicine.
                        Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Yeah my friend and I were talking about how Teyla took on like a mythic quest kind of role. We compared it to Heroes "Save Teyla, Save the city"

Perfecto!

Comment

She was actually captured by Lorne. This is where the time-shifting came together. I think that very well done how it was a mystery... where is Waldo.. er um Teyla, and the scene where she encounters Lorne and his men is the same exact moment where the episode begins. I thought it was really clever.
                            Thanks! Were there any funny or whumpy moments? (Sorry, I'm probably gonna be a pest until somebody does a summary. )
                            || twitter || tumblr ||

Comment

Originally posted by AGateFan View Post
                              She was captured by Lorne's team.
                              Rodney knew he needed her help since she was the only one in the city that could remember anything. So he left himself a message to make sure he went to find her when he had finished the program to disburse the medicine.
                              Where was Ronon then?
                              || twitter || tumblr ||

Comment

Originally posted by Mattathias2.0 View Post
                                I agree with the person who stated the hazy blur added to the episode. It did very well compiment it. And I agree with Mitchell82 that if it had aired in chronological order, it would have been boring.
                                Hey I forgot about that. Yeah I loved that part and seeing Mckay so scared was kinda funny. Really loving the Keller development so far as well.
                                Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                                "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                                Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Working...
                                X