Now Wraith know [possible spoiler]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Vala_M View Post
    Yeah, but why would it matter? That Wraith was held by the Genii for many years and probably didn't know what significance that would have meant since the Atlantis expedition didn't go to Atlantis until 3 years ago.

Vala,
    And the Wraith managed to escape and return to his people. Even if he personally doesn't understand the significance, the Wraith will.
    http://www.change.gov

The reason you should vote Republican in 2010.

Comment

Originally posted by cavalierlwt View Post
      The boss wraith mentioned to Rodney that he knew Atlantis was going to mount a rescue mission and then he said "in fact, I just got word that they're on their way"
      It sounds like he might know quite a bit about Atlantis' situation. Did the wraith see the ships coming through the gate, or did he know some other way? Either way, he wasn't suprised at all Atlantis was still up and running.
      The Wraith boss is a good poker player. He just threw that out at Rodney to press the 'don't get your hopes up' card at him. The Wraith boss knew that Ronon went threw the gate on a firefight, they have S,T and M, so it's a wild guess on the Wraith's part that a rescue mission will be made after Ronon reports back to Atlantis.

Comment

At this point, even if the Wraith know about Atlantis (which it's pretty clear they do) they're too busy fighting the Replicators to do much about it.
        || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

Originally posted by Ltcolshepjumper View Post
          Yeah, the wraith should know.
          Also, if they knew about the asurans, and they know about Atlantis, why haven't they attacked them.
          And if the wraith were able to come up with a deactivation virus, why didn't they just try to deactivate the Asurans as a whole? Or why didn't they destroy the planet?
          Also, if the Ancients didn't deactivate the attack code, why didn't they just use them as an additional fighting force? Are all the advanced races stupid?
          IMO since they could not feed off of or considered the asurans living, once they deactivated the attack code, they just let them be. No need to waste resources on them when there is nothiung to gain.

Originally posted by andromeda_dan View Post
          Though it wasnt shown on the show, it maybe inferred that after the 3 friends have reunited with Ronon and confirmed that Atlantis have not been destroyed, they reported their findings to the Wraith, which have then instructed them to bait the team to the weapons factory in order to get Mackay's help to undo the reprogramming of the replicators.
          That is what it felt like to me when i watched it. They suspected it was Ronon and that atlantis survived, but did not know for sure. As to the scientist, imo he truely believed that it was not destroyed, but i wonder why he did that??

At this point, even if the Wraith know about Atlantis (which it's pretty clear they do) they're too busy fighting the Replicators to do much about it.
          That is true... BUT once they re-deactivate the attack code, they imo wil go back to hunting down atlantis.

Comment

i think its more than safe to say the are more than aware that atlantis still exsists but as said they are too busy fighting the asuran at the moment and id presume the civil war was on hold while they deal with the asuran also atlantis has left lantea, so they dont know the planets position and the gate address is mostly being kept quiet

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
              IMO since they could not feed off of or considered the asurans living, once they deactivated the attack code, they just let them be. No need to waste resources on them when there is nothiung to gain.
              Not to mention futility. All the Asurans would've had to do would have been to put up some kick-ass shields and drone the Wraith into infinity. And as opposed to the Ancients, the Asurans don't die easily.

All they would've done would've been to anger the Asurans into kicking their asses.

Comment

some wraith must know atlantis surived, but possibly didnt find it a threat again since their food was drying up and the civil war plus now the asurans are on the offensive
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by andromeda_dan View Post
                  It looks like Ronon's 3 friends didn't know that he had survived Sateda. It was Ronon and Teyla who went out of their way to find and confirm a rumor of a group of wraith killers. Though it wasnt shown on the show, it maybe inferred that after the 3 friends have reunited with Ronon and confirmed that Atlantis have not been destroyed, they reported their findings to the Wraith, which have then instructed them to bait the team to the weapons factory in order to get Mackay's help to undo the reprogramming of the replicators.
                  Interesting. I belived that everything was planed by the Wraith from the begining. Then why the masquerade with the "Wraith killers"? If not to attract Atlantis interes into making contact?

Actually the information about Atlantis not being destroyed could have been passed on by: Michael, the Wraith in the CG, some humans form the 'Condammned', Genii and let's face it with a network of Wraith worshipers is not hard for the Wraith to access this intel.

I'm more curious to know how the Wraith had access to the newer intel, very new in fact, that Rodney was the one who activated the attack code, because 'Reunion' is just after 'Lifeline'. I think that we should considerate that we have a real spy in Atlantis.

And i don't think Wraith had the resoureces or purpose to attack Atlantis. This will practicaly end any hope of reaching Earth and obtaining informations about Earth. If they are as smart as they say, they will try to infiltrate Atlantis and get inteligence about hiperdrives and MW, so not the front door.

Comment

They probabily got the info on McCay being the one, as he is imo well known in their ranks since the fixing of their stuff though out season 1 and 2 spread. And since he is known to be on SGAs version of SG1 and there was an invasion of the Asuran homeworld, it is imo easy to extrapolate that he was there..

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                      They probabily got the info on McCay being the one, as he is imo well known in their ranks since the fixing of their stuff though out season 1 and 2 spread. And since he is known to be on SGAs version of SG1 and there was an invasion of the Asuran homeworld, it is imo easy to extrapolate that he was there..
                      No, they knew exactly what he had done. Mckay is not the only member of the Atlantis Expedition that has skills in computer programming, of that I'm sure.

Someone on Atlantis is playing for both teams.

However, the Wraith neither confirmed nor denied the continuing existence of Atlantis because the Wraith never said Atlantis. When he mentions help coming and it vain, he says "your people".
                      http://www.change.gov

The reason you should vote Republican in 2010.

Comment

Originally posted by Homeslice55 View Post
                        Not that it really matters here, but try to watch grammar for clarity purposes.
                        He/She is from Finland, so please lay off. I'd like to see you go to a Finnish forum and see how clear your grammar is...
                        Secretary-General of GATO ¤ Defender of F.O.R.D.

Comment

ronoans statedan friend was talking to ronon about how his friends now live in the city of the ancients and how they are his guest or something..

i think they relayed it to the wraith and thats how they found out mckay tampered with the code
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by FallenAngelII View Post
                            It depends, though.

If the Wraith worshippers did tell the Wraith that Ronon didn't deny it but rather confirmed it when asked about Atlantis possibly continued survival, the Wraith would probably send ships to Lantea to check it out.

But all they'd find would be an empty ocean... so, no, they will probably continue thinking the city is gone.
                            Actually... they may find the Asuran Sattelite!
                            Last edited by An-Alteran; 16 October 2007, 10:11 PM.

Comment

As others have said even if they know the expedition didn't blow up, the city is no longer on Lantea so they have no idea what the new gate adress nor what planet they are on......for now.
                              Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                              "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                              Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
                                As others have said even if they know the expedition didn't blow up, the city is no longer on Lantea so they have no idea what the new gate adress nor what planet they are on......for now.
                                ditto, very well put
                                sigpic
                                The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Working...
                                X