This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chezlee View Post
    I like Keller to and I hoped that if Beckett came back they would work together, but I dont see that happening if she is supposed to be this super doctor genius since childhood, i feel it negates any input beckett would have because the child prodigy would likely be right or she wouldnt be a prodigy. He is very smart and a good doctor but how can he compete with someone who did everything he did in half the time? It explained her age as CMO but other then that I think it kind of mussed things up.
    Beckett has a few things that Keller doesn't.

1. Personality.

2. EXPERIENCE! She has none, as we have seen. Keller never seems to know what to do. She was flustered with Weir and didn't know what to do. She didn't know what to do in Tabula Rasa, she couldn't do anything for the Seer, etc. All that whining tonight about "those people outside that door need me!" was just more of her self-centeredness that has become so irritating.

I'll take Beckett any day.

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffles View Post
      Total speculation on my part, but that's what I thought the writers were trying to say with the closing doors.
      I thought so too. I never liked that relationship (and never liked her), but I felt sorry for her here. I am so disappointed in Rodney.

I would hope she wouldn't just forgive and forget. I think it was meant to give her a glimpse into what life with Rodney would be like. Not very appealing to say the least, although I still think Rodney was shown at his WORST. I got the impression that the writers were telling us that he didn't "deserve" her. :sigh:

This might be my least favorite ep of the season, which is odd for a character ep. I usually like them.

Comment

Originally posted by FoolishPleasure View Post
        Beckett has a few things that Keller doesn't.

1. Personality.

2. EXPERIENCE! She has none, as we have seen. Keller never seems to know what to do. She was flustered with Weir and didn't know what to do. She didn't know what to do in Tabula Rasa, she couldn't do anything for the Seer, etc. All that whining tonight about "those people outside that door need me!" was just more of her self-centeredness that has become so irritating.

I'll take Beckett any day.
        he had more experience yes, but if she was a super genius then she SHOULD have known what to do thats why i dont buy the whole prodigy thing
        BRING BACK THE REAL ATLANTIS

Comment

Originally posted by Chezlee View Post
          he had more experience yes, but if she was a super genius then she SHOULD have known what to do thats why i dont buy the whole prodigy thing
          I haven't been able to deal with prodigies since Wesley Crusher. *shudders at the nightmarish memories* But at least the writers were smart enough to dump poor Wesley.

Comment

I didn't think it was a excellent episode, but I enjoyed it. I think the second half of the season is getting alot better. I didn't enjoy the first half as much as I am the second half. The Ronon/Keller ship, and Carter starting to step up in her role. Kinda glad to see the MacKay/Katie ship go on the back burner. Also, kinda nice to see Carter be the problem solver again. I think this was a good episode.

: Green is Good.
            sigpic I NEED MORE POWER!!!

Comment

I thought the episode was quite good. Definitely heavy on character development, which is very good at times.

Definitely didn't expect the Ronon/Keller thing. Not at all, so I still don't know what to think about that.

As for Rodney and Katie, it's tough to say what lies ahead for those two. He really showed her an ugly side.
              sigpic
              MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
              "...phu...ah..."
              "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
              Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                I thought the episode was quite good. Definitely heavy on character development, which is very good at times.

Definitely didn't expect the Ronon/Keller thing. Not at all, so I still don't know what to think about that.

As for Rodney and Katie, it's tough to say what lies ahead for those two. He really showed her an ugly side.
                They are really developing these characters this season. That is a good thing.
                sigpic

Comment

Loved:
                  -Shep calling Rodney "dude" and telling him "no, no, none of that" and "go get the girl".
                  -Shep knows Rodney's password and the reason/thinking behind it.
                  -Lorne!
                  -Zelenka for the win!
                  -Shep feeling the baby kick

This eppy wasn't one of my favorites. I felt it moved too slowly. I didn't find Shep's tower climb exciting---as someone else said there were lots of well-placed ledges for him to get a foothold---I was hoping for more scariness; I wondered why in the h*ll Teyla got out on the ledge---did she think she'd be able to climb with that big belly?--I just didn't find that believable after the talk she'd just had with John about her fear over leaving her newborn baby motherless........
                  Was David Hewlett sick during the filming of this episode and they just let him lie on the floor? Yeah, Rodney without a computer and no way to help would be a ranting, raving and whiny Rodney, but I don't buy him just lying on the floor the whole time.....booooooring.
                  I feel indifferent about Ronon and Keller. Maybe they'll grow on me.
                  Has that girl always worked in the control room?---The one who was helping Shep, Lorne and Chuck? I haven't noticed her before. Maybe I noticed her because she had a lot of lines tonight.

Just a meh episode for me. Next week's eppy looks promising.

Wilson3Girl

Comment

I was very bored with this one, but Zelenka redeemed it. The soapish ship issues that the writers bombarded us with were unnecessary, and I'm never going to understand Ronon and the wuss Keller attracted to each other. I'd rather have Beckett (and good stories) back.

Glad that Rodney and Katie are over, but Rodney was way over the top, and downright obnoxious. It would have been a better character building moment if Rodney had asked her to marry him in the end, and she flat turned him down. Maybe the guy would finally grow up then.

Sheppard's climb was easier than any rock wall I've ever done, and gigantic prego Teyla on the ledge? Uh, no.

We need Todd back.

Comment

ahahaha, zelenka really is gordon freeman. first he was running around with a crowbar pipe and whacking soldiers in tabula rasa and now he's crawling through ventilation shafts with a torch. zelenka aka freeman ftw.
                      Last edited by Agent_Dark; 18 January 2008, 09:01 PM.

Comment

I had a thought...did Rodney change his mind about Katie because she kept asking "dumb" questions? He kept getting continually short with her the more questions she asked. Just like she couldnt be with him because she is positive and cheery and he can be fatalistic, and she finally saw that. Up to now all of their moments have been Rondey trying VERY hard to be un-rodneylike
                        BRING BACK THE REAL ATLANTIS

Comment

Beckett has a few things that Keller doesn't.1.?* Personality.2.?* EXPERIENCE!?* She has none, as we have seen. Keller never seems to know what to do.?* She was flustered with Weir and didn't know what to do.?* She didn't know what to do in Tabula Rasa, she couldn't do anything for the Seer, etc.?* All that whining tonight about "those people outside that door need me!" was just more of her self-centeredness that has become so irritating.
                          Are we watching the same show?
                          Originally posted by aretood2
                          Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                            Are we watching the same show?
                            I've seen all Keller's episodes, and all I see is a self-conscious, spineless, whining, tactless, incompetent doctor, who never seems to have the ability to actually SAVE someone. But at least she can do stitches! Wow, I'm impressed.

Comment

This ep was awful. It's going down at the bottom of my list along with Travelers.

The pacing of the story was agonizingly slow and way too simplistic for my liking. City goes bonkers, people get trapped, people get out, yay. Um...yeah.

I found the McKay/Katie scenes to be both boring and cringe-inducing thanks to Rodney's behavior. I expected some fumbling and OTT reactions from Rodney, but it was nonstop to the point that I tuned out whenever their scenes came on. Katie may have lived, but if their relationship is truly over then we won't see her again anyway. No loss on my end, I never thought much of her character.

The Keller/Ronon scenes were also poor. The confessions of their past felt horribly forced, as did their so called "chemistry". Also can Keller get over the whole pity me thing? Thanks, that's getting really old. Seriously, Ronon tells her that his love died back on Sateda and Keller responds by whining about missing parties?

Shep's climb had zero tension seeing as he'd never fall and die, and Teyla's way too smart to step close to the edge like that.

Blech, one average and one bad ep since BAMSR. And next week looks to fare little better. I'm hoping things pick up, because the second half has been a big letdown so far.

Comment

I've seen all Keller's episodes, and all I see is a self-conscious, spineless, whining, tactless, incompetent doctor, who never seems to have the ability to actually SAVE someone. But at least she can do stitches! Wow, I'm impressed.
                                Come to think of it, did we ever see Beckett do stitches? That must be why she was on the staff in the first place!

Keller: "And I'm a child prodigy, see, I graduated before I could vote and..."
                                Interviewer: "Can you stitch?"
                                Keller: "..."
                                sigpic
                                It was Arrested Development

Comment

Working...
                                X