X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ladyjanus View Post
    And Zelenka saves the day, finally.

Yahoo! Only thing that could have been better than Zelenka being the big dang hero would have been for Lorne to be the BDH.

(she does a happy dance...)

ladyjanus
    Finally? Radek saved the day in Adrift.

Well at least that's jmho.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Really? Everyone believes that that was the end of Rodney/Katie's relationship at the end there? Is this confirmed somewhere else or just speculation. I must have missed something there.
      I just love shows about wormholes!

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
        Never expecte the child prodigy part but I'm glad the writers finally put that issue to rest. At least I have more ammo when I defend her.
        Ditto. But, and don't get me wrong I love Keller just as much as I love Teyla (Which fall right under Weir, who is my Gate heroin) the whole child prodigy and hard working life with no childhood thing just got Keller labeled a Mary Sue by the rabid fanfiction anti-Keller writers.

It's a shame that they now have every reason to bury her six feet under.

I like everyone in Atlantis...it is hard for me to hate anyone because all of them are what make the show. I think the only one I wanted to see killed off was Cavinah. He deserved it.

Comment

Originally posted by GateLadyM View Post
          The only thing half way good about this episode was, well, there wasn't much.

Good:

Sheppard worried about Teyla having her baby and the scene with the baby kicking. Nice moment.
          I agree with this.

All Zelenka scenes, except when the writers made him stupid and had him fry the laptop.
          That wasnt his fault he did all he knew how to do.

Carter finally used her brain, for a few minutes anyway.
          This isn't the first time that she used her brain this year.

Lorne! But there wasn't enough of Lorne this week.
          He wasnt needed more than he was.

The Bad:

Sheppard's climb. How convenient that he had all those foot and hand holds all the way up! Whew, that was scary - not!
          I disagree. It's not like the handles were all in easy reach he had to jump to a few. So not convient to me and him loosing his grip on a broken whatever that was, was actually quite scary to me. Also the jumping from beam to beam was a bit nerve racking as well.

The Ancient builders of Atlantis can create a lockdown where the whole facility can be sealed, but the glass breaks on contact. Yeah, right.
          Uh glass is glass you forget the the Ancients depended on their sheild to keep the city safe. Also it's not like he kicked it he threw a trash can at it.

No one can open the door because the mechanisms have been disconnected. Even Ronon can't get a budge. But Shep and Lorne can easily pull doors open for Carter and Zelenka. *shakes head*
          First the transport doors are not as heavy, second John and Lorne are quite strong, and third Carter and Zelenka were pulling as well.

Teyla - I love her this year, but all that talk about protecting her baby the last few weeks, and she stupidly goes out to get fresh air? Hey writers, I can understand her worries, but a quick look up from the broken window would have been fine, but having her stand out on the ledge? That was just dumb.
          My wife would agree with you I don't however. She desperatly wanted to help and try to escape but thankfully she reasoned with herself and came back in.

Rodney was irritating. Katie was, um, boring. I kinda liked Rodney's nervousness in the beginning, then I just wanted him to shut up.
          I disagree. Rodney was Rodney and very nervous and Katie was far from boring.

The Worst of the Worst:

Keller and Ronon. OMG, those were the most embarrassingly bad scenes from this entire season. Ronon says she is weak, she agrees, then whines yet again about how super smart she is and how she missed all those parties. Sheesh. Write her out now!

I hope to never see this episode again. It was just stinky.
          Thankfully you don't make that call. Keller is a medical professional and it was killing her that there was a city full a sick people and she couldn't get to them.(She had no way to know it was a false alarm.) Ronon and Keller shared very intimate thoughts and make a great couple IMO.
          Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
          "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
          Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by PhoenixKnght86 View Post
            Ditto. But, and don't get me wrong I love Keller just as much as I love Teyla (Which fall right under Weir, who is my Gate heroin) the whole child prodigy and hard working life with no childhood thing just got Keller labeled a Mary Sue by the rabid fanfiction anti-Keller writers.

We just have to fight ten times harder now. I don't know what their gripe is.d

I like everyone in Atlantis...it is hard for me to hate anyone because all of them are what make the show. I think the only one I wanted to see killed off was Cavinah. He deserved it.
            Agreed. I hope Carter tosses his ass out of the airlock in Midway.

Comment

Originally posted by PhoenixKnght86 View Post

I like Keller to and I hoped that if Beckett came back they would work together, but I dont see that happening if she is supposed to be this super doctor genius since childhood, i feel it negates any input beckett would have because the child prodigy would likely be right or she wouldnt be a prodigy. He is very smart and a good doctor but how can he compete with someone who did everything he did in half the time? It explained her age as CMO but other then that I think it kind of mussed things up.
              BRING BACK THE REAL ATLANTIS

Comment

Not a bad episode. It was definitely an episode written purely for character development. I think we can see that the writers are experimenting with pairing up certain characters. I have a feeling this may have just been an excuse to test the waters with some character relationships.

Comment

I liked it because of the character development...
                  And because it was based in the city...
                  And because there was no mention of the replicators.
                  Still, it was a repeated idea.

Comment

Originally posted by Erised View Post
                    How is it a repeated idea? The lockdown was very different than any previous one.

Comment

I liked it because of the character development...And because it was based in the city...And because there was no mention of the replicators.Still, it was a repeated idea.
                      I'm curious, how was this a repeated idea.
                      Originally posted by aretood2
                      Jelgate is right

Comment

How was this a repeated idea? I am just curious.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by wheresmyfroggy View Post
                          I know what you're talking about in M&MM, but what are you referring to in Tao?
                          Oh it is too detailed a response for here, go look in my posts in the McKay Discussion thread I am pretty sure I ranted about the lack of love in Tao shown for Rodney, if it had been anyone else in the TEAM. Anyway as I say go to the McKay Discussion thread.

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                            I'm curious, how was this a repeated idea.
                            maybe from tabula rasa or hot zone? it wasnt an sg1 i dont think
                            BRING BACK THE REAL ATLANTIS

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
                              Never expected the child prodigy part but I'm glad the writers finally put that issue to rest.
                              I agree. I thought it was a nice move to address her age. I found her response to Ronon to be very believable. It couldn't have been easy to hear that he had thought of her as weak since they met.

Originally posted by Quinn Mallory View Post
                              Really? Everyone believes that that was the end of Rodney/Katie's relationship at the end there? Is this confirmed somewhere else or just speculation. I must have missed something there.
                              Total speculation on my part, but that's what I thought the writers were trying to say with the closing doors.
                              sigpic
                              Sig by Luciana
                              My LJ Proud member of W.A.S.P. My Fanfics

Comment

I found this my least fav episode of the season, and usually I like the episodes that show personality and growth between characters.

I did like the early talking between Rodney and Shep re Katie, and the initial Rodney/Katie interaction, but once Rodney felt "ill", it all went downhill. You could just see Katie thinking, "knock it off!". The last bit went on too long and my brain started to turn off, but I did like McKay's expression when the door closed and he realized (I assume) that the relationship was over.

The Teyla and Shep scenes were sweet, but that baby should have been kicking around long before Teyla turned into a balloon, and the ledge scene was beyond idiotic. Teyla NEVER would have done that, IMO.

The Sheppard climb? I didn't buy it. All those ledges and crevices were so strategically placed, that it was laughable. Plus those windows. The Ancients can make stargates, but they can't make a decent piece of glass. In "Adrift" didn't the shields fail? How in the heck could those measly windows hold?

Zekenka was a gem, as usual, and I'm looking forward to someone translating his babbling in the air ducts.

Carter was more like the "real" Carter finally, but I'm still not connecting with her on this show.

I wish we could get more Lorne. Just love the guy. Maybe Joe M. and company can come up with a Lorne-centric episode for next season. *crosses fingers*

Now we get to the cringe-worthy Keller and Ronon scenes. Seriously, what does he see in a nervous, crybaby, whiny-butt girl? She sits bragging about how she got through school so young because she was so smart, but, oh dear, poor baby just didn't get invited to parties, or some such nonsense? I have no idea what she actually said, because that conversation was so embarrassing for those two, I couldn't stand to watch it. That was my run-for-a-snack moment.

Hoping next week is better.
                                Last edited by FoolishPleasure; 18 January 2008, 08:24 PM.

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Working...
                                X