X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Judges:

ReganX--lead

bailiff: Jackie (there can be 2 bailiffs if someone else wants to help me police the thread for abuse and dig up info for the judge.)

Prosecutors: Ranlier--lead

State witness and experts:
    Expert medical witness: Vastlysuperiorstuff

Defense team:
    Defendant: Konman72--lead

Defense experts and witness:

Role Players: (feel free to add if you think of any more--I added people who were not on the tape to have a chance to be character witnesses.)

(please sign up for which character you wish to play)

Rodney McKay:

Jeannie Miller:

John Sheppard: Peggy I might have to grow some balls for this role. I mean that metaphorically people.

Zelenka:

Agent Barrett:

Sam Carter:

Richard Woosely:

General Landry:

Wraith Todd:
    Grammar, Logic, Rhetoric.

Comment

I'll volunteer as second prosecution or defence, whichever position is currently available (Prosecution preferred, if both are open).
      Or, if those positions are unavailable, i'm confident in being able to play Mckay on the witness stand, if required.

Also, secondly, might i reccomend that we create a second thread for the actual court proceedings? As it is, this thread has become rather cluttered with the 'This is stupid' idiot remarks, so it might pay off to have a new, clean thread for when everything gets underway in the courtroom.

Comment

i voluneteer for the McKay
        Last edited by jelgate; 04 December 2007, 05:19 PM.
        Originally posted by aretood2
        Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by Phenix View Post
          who will most likely face treason charges and either die by the state or live out his life and then die in a state prison. I don't get all this moralizing.
          Wallace would not have been found guilty of treason for one, and just cause he may have died in prison does not mean he should have been given what amounted to as the death penalty.

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
            i voluneteer for the McKay

Are you sure you're snarky enough?

I'd volunteer for McKay...if it weren't for finals. *sigh*.

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
              Are you sure you're snarky enough? I'd volunteer for McKay...if it weren't for finals. *sigh*.
              Of course.
              Originally posted by aretood2
              Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by Jackie View Post
                Hear ye, hear ye! (hope that's spelled right)

All Gateworld members!

In light of the controversy following the episode Miller's Crossing, it has been leaked to the pentagon that Lt. Colonel John Sheppard might have falsified his report.
                *yawn* WHy didn't I see this coming. Oh wait I did just not by you I expected another member to do this who will go nameless.

The preliminary investigation has evidence that this true--(we all saw the ep--we're the witness).
                Yes however who the hell is we exactly? Not all of us obviously saw the same ep you did.

The jury will be via popular vote at the end of the trial by the members of the board. At the end of the trail, I will trust the mods to make the voting ballot for us based on the charges brought forth by this trail.

The charges are:

Voluntary manslaughter with option of a lesser charge conviction of involuntary manslaughter. Meaning the actions of the named defendant, Lt Col. John Sheppard led to the death of Mr. Wallace.
                He was not responsible for his death. Wallace is responsible. His actions whether intended or not led to his own demise. He illegally obtained classified information, he kidnapped a civilian woman with knolwedge of said information. He, broke into her house with armed guards with weapons they should obviously not have. He then kidnapped Rodney, and then infected his sister to persuade him to do what he asked. His acitions led to his daughters death, and the critical condition Jeannie was in which would be attempted murder or manslaughter. Shepard explained the situation and out of guilt he voluntered. SO not Sheps fault.

Falsification of documents with intent to deceive.
                To protect those involved not to decieve. If divulged he along with Mckay and Jeanie would be either removed from Atlantis or arrested or a combination of those. Military officers leave things out all the time for the greater good. Woolsey does it all the time. Shep did what he had to do.

Misconduct of an Officer and a Gentleman by personal contact with Mr Wallace before his death in which private pictures of a civilian family were shown and explained a dreaded situation.
                Um not misconduct. Cops and Military officers do it all the time as a method of persuasion in this case it made Wallace realise what he had done and agreed in order to make ammends.

Aiding and abetting criminal conduct of Rodney McKay who sent classified information via internet to a private residence of a civilian.
                Nope no criminal conduct hence no aiding and abedding. Perhaps you should have taking some law classes, and spelling. Jeanie was cleared to recieve those classified documents since she has clearance and her computer was secure but any computer can be hacked.

[QUOTE]For Colonel Sheppard's Court Martial we will need a defense attorney (board members). A prosecutor and a judge (members). The judge will withhold any judgment of guilt or innocence and administer the trail.

Please remember in a trial it is not the dead man. Do not place guilt on Mr Wallace for he cannot defend himself. John Sheppard is presumed innocent and must be proven guilty. The episode is the proof for sake of the trial. Only state what we know from the ep.
                Yeah well your version of events is fictional so... Oh also you definatly have no knolwedge of the law since Wallace would be dragged into it since it is part of your charges.

for reasons of personal attacks on me--I am closing this thread. Admin--please lock thread.
                No offense but you brought that on yourself.
                Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post

To protect those involved not to decieve. If divulged he along with Mckay and Jeanie would be either removed from Atlantis or arrested or a combination of those. Military officers leave things out all the time for the greater good. Woolsey does it all the time. Shep did what he had to do.
                  Let me get this straight. What you just said was that if Sheppard hadn't falsified the reports, then he would have been removed or arrested for his actions? Aren't you essentially admitting then that Sheppard and the others must have done something wrong or else there would be nothing for him to be punished for? How is it then that this whole thing is unfounded?
                  "May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places where you must walk." - Susan Ivanova

"The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest. " - Citizen G'Kar

"I will see you again, in the place where no shadows fall." - Delenn

Comment

Originally posted by Orion's Star View Post
                    Let me get this straight. What you just said was that if Sheppard hadn't falsified the reports, then he would have been removed or arrested for his actions? Aren't you essentially admitting then that Sheppard and the others must have done something wrong or else there would be nothing for him to be punished for? How is it then that this whole thing is unfounded?
                    Easy, because he did break protocol not to mention the geneva convention but as I also said it is done all the time when there are greater issues at stake than one life. He omitted certain details to "save face". Also as I have said that is also done when it is necessary.
                    Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                    "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                    Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

AVIDFAN
                      for the defense
                      Avidffanimation YouTube | AvidffanFiction Youtube | AvidffanAlpha Youtube
                      sigpic

Comment

Ok, so we're up to:

ReganX--Judge
                        Second Judge: ________
                        Third Judge: __________

Bailiff: Jackie
                        Second Bailiff: __________

Second prosecutor- Arania

Prosecution witness and experts:

Defense team:
                        Second Defense : Avidfan

Rodney McKay: _____________

Jeannie Miller: ______________

John Sheppard: Peggy

Zelenka: ________________

Agent Barrett: _____________

Sam Carter:______________

Richard Woosely: ________________

General Landry: ________________

Wraith Todd: (god I would so take this if I wasn't on prosecution): ________

Comment

I want to be Jeannie McKay Miller!

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
                            *yawn* WHy didn't I see this coming. Oh wait I did just not by you I expected another member to do this who will go nameless.

No offense but you brought that on yourself.
                            please be aware that I am actively policing this thread and post like this will be sent to the mods. so please refrain from personal attacks if you do not wish to be reported.

also please keep this thread on topic. There will be another thread opened for the actual court proceedings once the cast is in place. This is a GAME available too any member who wishes to play. If you wish to debate...there is another thread open you can debate on.

thank you for your cooperation.
                            Last edited by Jackie; 05 December 2007, 03:01 AM. Reason: added instructions
                            Grammar, Logic, Rhetoric.

Comment

Originally posted by Ranlier View Post
                              Ok, so we're up to:

ReganX--Judge
                              Second Judge: ________
                              Third Judge: __________

Bailiff: Jackie
                              Second Bailiff: __________

Second prosecutor- Arania

Prosecution witness and experts:

Defense team:
                              Second Defense : Avidfan

Rodney McKay: _____________

Jeannie Miller: ______________

John Sheppard: Peggy

Zelenka: ________________

Agent Barrett: _____________

Sam Carter:______________

Richard Woosely: ________________

General Landry: ________________

Wraith Todd: (god I would so take this if I wasn't on prosecution): ________
                              Didn't Jelgate say he wanted to be the Wraith?

Comment

Guys

This isn't a serious discussion of the ethical issues of the episode. It's people having fun. now if you are a fan of shep, you could see this as an attack on him, and that's your right. but i'm seeing no malice in this. I'm just seeinig people having fun. So let's let them have it please.

If there is already a serious discussion thread abuot shep's actions, please take the serious discussion there, if there isnt', feel free to start one.
                                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X