This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
    In which case, he would be guilty of conduct unbecoming for following an unlawful order, following of said order, falsifying the documents (even if told what to put on it), allowing the death of a prisoner, conspiracy.
    Unless he changed his mind. Otherwise, fine. But that's not the charge Jackie said of which he is already guilty.

*walks away from this thread*

"I aim to misbehave." - Capt. Mal Reynolds

"Alien locale is no excuse for lack of pineapples." - DP

WALLACE: And if I don't?
    O'NEILL: We'll beam you up to our spaceship.

Comment

Okay--lots of post to catch up on in Roy Rodgers trail--oops--trial.

After reading the court martial book the trial in a military court martial would be set up with a panel of judges. For our purpose I think it would be better for a poll to be opened after both sides rest their case. This would be open to the board. (I fully expect Sheppard to walk like a duck's butt covered in baby oil out of this mess)

We have one of each attorney so far. I think pair two would be a good idea--so in case one member isn't hear we can still play the game.

We have one for judge and we should have a second--for purpose of the game.

Same with prospecting attorney--need 2.

The show trans script is our eyewitness and evidence to the events--think of it as a security camera. The same evidence is open to interpretation--but its the jury who will need to be swayed the most to your side.

Since we have a judge and I am researching proceedings I will like to assist in proceedings to the judge or bailiff.

Our players so far:

Judges: ReganX--lead

Prosecutors: Ranlier--lead

Defendant: Konman72--lead

Bailiff--Jackie (me)

Expert medical witness: Vastlysuperiorstuff

Jury: Poll at end of trail--sorry roy--dyslexia--trial.

Bailiff report:

Honorable Judge ReganX will be heading this trial. Her duties will be calling the trial to order and ensuring order in the court.

The Prosecution is headed by Ranlier and he will make the formal charges posted after Judge Regan calls trial to begin. It is the prosecutor's job to bring for evidence that will prove the defendant guilty

Defense council is headed by Konman72 and the defenses job is to rebut any evidence. You can bring in character witnesses if approved by the judge. Remember Sheppard is innocent till proven guilty. The deceased is not on trail and you cannot justify sheps actions by laying criminal blame on the deceased. You cannot state in a court of law that the deceased deserved to die because... you can state the situation in the base and the events leading to the death.

And Colonel Sheppard had hamburger tonight for his dinner with a side of french fries as he awaits his trail.
      Grammar, Logic, Rhetoric.

Comment

You know, I'm going to need to look at his past behavior and medical history. One episode isn't going to give me the whole picture. How far back can I go?

Comment

Basically, you go until I call for an objection, then it goes to the judge(s) for sustained/overruling.

Comment

Originally posted by VastlySuperiorStuff View Post
            You know, I'm going to need to look at his past behavior and medical history. One episode isn't going to give me the whole picture. How far back can I go?
            all the way back to the first ep...Shep's life could be on the line. He could get the death penalty if found guilty--according to the law book I read anyways. I would suggest a basic character profile and then it will be up to the judge to allow certain past examples in court.

For the court and character profile and mental profile would be good to have on hand.

It's possible the judge might allow the mental state of wallace at the time of the events to be admissible--I know there isn't much for him but a mental health profile of wallace might be requested.

Thank you for doing this--I appreciate it.

If there is any techno experts that could determine just how much danger earth was in from the nanites and replicators--the judge might call for that report as well. The judge may also call for reports on why our previous technology wouldn't work.

The prosecutor does have the right to add to the current charges or drop charges before the start of the trial. Things like conspiracy charges might want to be looked at before the start.

The jury will have a range of charges available to them in the poll. From the least to the max as well as the innocent possibility. This is to ensure that even if Shep is found guilty--the level of the crime--would determine punishment, if any, under the guide book.

Comment

Originally posted by Ranlier View Post
              Basically, you go until I call for an objection, then it goes to the judge(s) for sustained/overruling.
              Thank you! So far you're the only one.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackie View Post
                all the way back to the first ep...Shep's life could be on the line. He could get the death penalty if found guilty--according to the law book I read anyways. I would suggest a basic character profile and then it will be up to the judge to allow certain past examples in court.

For the court and character profile and mental profile would be good to have on hand.

It's possible the judge might allow the mental state of wallace at the time of the events to be admissible--I know there isn't much for him but a mental health profile of wallace might be requested.

Thank you for doing this--I appreciate it.

If there is any techno experts that could determine just how much danger earth was in from the nanites and replicators--the judge might call for that report as well. The judge may also call for reports on why our previous technology wouldn't work.

The prosecutor does have the right to add to the current charges or drop charges before the start of the trial. Things like conspiracy charges might want to be looked at before the start.

The jury will have a range of charges available to them in the poll. From the least to the max as well as the innocent possibility. This is to ensure that even if Shep is found guilty--the level of the crime--would determine punishment, if any, under the guide book.
                Well, I have to work for one side or the other, so I can come up with a defense- or not- so who's going to hire me? The other side's going to have to get their own witnesses.

Comment

You're hired, I'll be communicating with you via PM when the trial starts. You'll be put to testify, then cross-examined.

My AIM screen-name will be available to anyone who asks.

[Also guys, I need more prosecutors or you'll all be slaves to my work schedule]

Comment

How about PM'ing me now and letting me know what you want me to look at, if you have any ideas in that regard.

Comment

Originally posted by lamardeuse View Post
                      Just curious - is that the trail Roy Rogers, Dale and Trigger are on? 'Cause I want to be on that one.
                      I think it's the Oregon Trail. Where your oxen die and you get dysentery. At least that always happened to me. I hope Sheppard makes it without breaking an axle.
                      "Never offend people with style when you can offend them with substance." --Sam Brown

Comment

women
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by KiLL3r View Post
                          women
                          Originally posted by aretood2
                          Jelgate is right

Comment

I have not watched the episode yet, but I will in 30 minutes.

But we all know that Lt. Col. John Sheppard has no problems falsifying reports and omitting vital facts whenever it suits him, like when it'd garner himself or his friends punishment or when it would just make him look bad, as evidence by how he omitted great parts of what happened during the "Travelers"-incident in his debriefing.

Originally posted by Jill_Ion View Post
                            Actually, we heard Sheppard state, "I was showing Wallace the labs. The Wraith got the upper hand. That's what the report's gonna say."

So, he hadn't actually falsified anything yet. We have him speaking in future tense. He may have changed his mind, consulted a military lawyer as to how to write a truthful account that wouldn't get him in trouble, or been told by his superiors what to write. We never saw or heard anyone directly or indirectly reference the final written report.
                            This is a 42-minute TV-show. They don't show everything happen. If they say something's gonna happen and nothing happens to suggest it didn't, then we must assume it did.

Comment

Ever hear of a moot court?
                              That's what this is. Every law school in the country probably holds them, for fun and/or for grades. All fictional. All perfectly legitimate endeavors.

Also, we're going to need quite a few witnesses- like everyone who was there including Jeanie, McKay, etc. Has anybody volunteered for those slots?
                              Last edited by VSS; 04 December 2007, 05:57 AM.

Comment

Please keep this thread on topic.

Comment

Working...
                                X