This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
    Then report me. I'm sick of people doing nothing but bash this show.
    Nobody bashing the show, here. This thread is for fun, nothing more. Like Skydiver (a MOD, btw) said, if you'd like to have serious discussion, go to the other thread.
    Fandoms come and go, but geekiness lasts forever.

YouTube - DeviantART - Twitter - tumblr

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Myn MacGeek, Third Sentinel View Post
      Nobody bashing the show, here. This thread is for fun, nothing more. Like Skydiver (a MOD, btw) said, if you'd like to have serious discussion, go to the other thread.
      *sigh* You're right. I apologise for any offense I overreacted. Sometimes my anger gets the best of me. I sign up for the defense.
      Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
      "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
      Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

can we do thsi battlestar galactica style like in the end of sesaosn 3

thats a trial i would love to be apart of

Comment

Originally posted by P2J View Post
          can we do thsi battlestar galactica style like in the end of sesaosn 3

thats a trial i would love to be apart of
          Not me season 3 stunk. I wouldn't mind sending Baltar to the gallows though.

Comment

I started this thread for the purpose of a game--thus the "Hear ye, Hear ye" at the very top of the thread--to have fun exploring the side of law in the situation that was in the episode. There are many people interested in having an active part.

This is not a place to come and pick fights, bash someone because they have concerns about the show and complain about all the "anti" members.

This thread is for a law and order type game.

The tension on this board since the showing of MC has been phenomenally high. Everyone has been at each other's throats--or so it seems to me.

The purpose of this game is to explore the issues raised in MC without bias or prejudice--which is why it is set up as a court proceeding. (Anyone remember Night Court--kind of like that). The law--in theory--is not supposed to have opinion or prejudice and the defendant is innocent till proven guilty.

The last week has been horrific on the MC board--I think everyone has experienced attacks and abuse to some degree, which is why I asked for there not to be any debates on this thread. I have been redded for asking people to behave on this thread and out right yelled at by another member for taking a proactive stance on reporting abuse. This member was not a mod either-- in case you are thinking that she was. I only report the post with personal attacks--not the debates and I was attacked privately for that stance.

I ask for the tension to left at the door when entering this thread, the court proceedings thread and the ending polls. I also ask for no more categorizing of members. Just because they have a different view doesn't make the "Anti" show. So, no catagorizing members based on thier views and opinions.

I have taken a more "what does the law say" approach to the post on the debate threads and have been told some really insane things...but not once have I told another member in a reply post that they're opinion was outright wrong.

I have gone as far as to make sure that I do not take a major role in the game that would place me in a position where another poster would accuse me of trying to fix or rig the trial or convict Sheppard. I have done that out of respect for those who consider themselves "Pro Sheppard" and I have not gotten that respect in return.

Again, this thread is a game and actual people want to play the game without being brought into a debate or bow beat with another member's opinion. Please have the up most respect for the players on this thread.

thank you

jackie
            Grammar, Logic, Rhetoric.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackie View Post
              I started this thread for the purpose of a game--thus the "Hear ye, Hear ye" at the very top of the thread--to have fun exploring the side of law in the situation that was in the episode. There are many people interested in having an active part.

This is not a place to come and pick fights, bash someone because they have concerns about the show and complain about all the "anti" members.

This thread is for a law and order type game.

The tension on this board since the showing of MC has been phenomenally high. Everyone has been at each other's throats--or so it seems to me.

The purpose of this game is to explore the issues raised in MC without bias or prejudice--which is why it is set up as a court proceeding. (Anyone remember Night Court--kind of like that). The law--in theory--is not supposed to have opinion or prejudice and the defendant is innocent till proven guilty.

The last week has been horrific on the MC board--I think everyone has experienced attacks and abuse to some degree, which is why I asked for there not to be any debates on this thread. I have been redded for asking people to behave on this thread and out right yelled at by another member for taking a proactive stance on reporting abuse. This member was not a mod either-- in case you are thinking that she was. I only report the post with personal attacks--not the debates and I was attacked privately for that stance.

I ask for the tension to left at the door when entering this thread, the court proceedings thread and the ending polls. I also ask for no more categorizing of members. Just because they have a different view doesn't make the "Anti" show. So, no catagorizing members based on thier views and opinions.

I have taken a more "what does the law say" approach to the post on the debate threads and have been told some really insane things...but not once have I told another member in a reply post that they're opinion was outright wrong.

I have gone as far as to make sure that I do not take a major role in the game that would place me in a position where another poster would accuse me of trying to fix or rig the trial or convict Sheppard. I have done that out of respect for those who consider themselves "Pro Sheppard" and I have not gotten that respect in return.

Again, this thread is a game and actual people want to play the game without being brought into a debate or bow beat with another member's opinion. Please have the up most respect for the players on this thread.

thank you

jackie
              You had good intentions and I'm sorry for my part in the attack on you. Oh btw I'm a he, you would have known had you checked my profile. Also regardless of your intent as you said the tension has been high and the the mere title of this thread causes the problems. So I think it might be for the best to have this thread locked.

Comment

I think everyone is over-reacting about everyone over-reacting! Tensions have been pretty high, but I wouldn't say dangerously high. And I haven't been personally attacked or insulted yet.

I think we should continue this thing.
                Fandoms come and go, but geekiness lasts forever.

YouTube - DeviantART - Twitter - tumblr

sigpic

Comment

You had good intentions and I'm sorry for my part in the attack on you. Oh btw I'm a he, you would have known had you checked my profile. Also regardless of your intent as you said the tension has been high and the the mere title of this thread causes the problems. So I think it might be for the best to have this thread locked.
                  This forum is always hositle. You got two polarized groups. You have the people who absolutely hate the current affairs of the show (anti) and people who think the show is doing great (pro). The contrasting views lead to intense debates. That the case, this thread isn't for debates, its for a mock trial. I think closing this thread is a little extreme. I'm sorry people redded you, Jackie. There are some people who red for the stupidest reasons
                  Originally posted by aretood2
                  Jelgate is right

Comment

Thank you I sorry too ! The she was another member though..or at least...I think is was a she. Kind of to tell on these boards...kind of like being a blind person at a transvestite party.

I'm trying to squish the "Anti" "Pro" stuff... can't stand that labeling. Makes it sound like those who have concerns are just mean people with no brain that just like to complain about anything. And "Pro" as a label makes me think of football.

I'm putting you down for the defense team...but as 3rd attorney cause we already have 2 and defense is outnumbering the prosecution.

I'll be saving this list on the old secondary computer for future reference. I figure that way I can't misplace it again. It's also the only computer with a printer on it in my house.

Here's the update from today:

Ok, so we're up to:

ReganX--Judge
                    Second Judge: Lt. Colonel John Sheppard...not the one on trial...just his clone.

Third Judge: __________

Bailiff: Jackie
                    Second Bailiff: __________

Prosecutors: Ranlier--lead
                    Second prosecutor- Arania

Prosecution witness and experts:
                    Expert medical witness: Vastlysuperiorstuff

Defense team:
                    Defendanse: Konman72--lead
                    Second Defense : Avidfan
                    Third defense: Mitchell 82

Defense experts and witness:

Rodney McKay: Jelgate

Jeannie Miller: Kribby

John Sheppard: Peggy

Zelenka: ________________

Agent Barrett: _____________

Sam Carter: Myn Geek, Third Sentinel

Richard Woosely: ________________

General Landry: ________________

Wraith Todd---Jackie--Playing a blood sucking Wraith sounds like fun.
                    Last edited by Jackie; 05 December 2007, 07:31 PM.

Comment

Technically, Sheppard is the defendant and Konman72 is called the defense
                      Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                        Technically, Sheppard is the defendant and Konman72 is called the defense
                        fixed it...thanks.

Comment

.....I prefer the term "arcon", if no one minds.[/joke]

Comment

Originally posted by Ranlier View Post
                            .....I prefer the term "arcon", if no one minds.[/joke]
                            ????
                            Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                              ????
                              Hahahaha...roooookieeee.

Comment

Originally posted by Ranlier View Post
                                Hahahaha...roooookieeee.
                                I can't believe I forgot about the Tollian