This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tjo85 View Post
    I think it's because the Gou'ald already knew the location of Earth. If memory serves (and I might be wrong), the Wraith still don't know where Earth is or how to get there.

And as for this Wraith being an ally, I just don't think we can see him as a clear cut case of bad guy gone good. Once the replicators are dealt with, "all bets are off".
    ...until all bets are off, the enemy of my enemy is my friend.

Comment

Originally posted by tjo85 View Post
      If memory serves (and I might be wrong), the Wraith still don't know where Earth is or how to get there
      I believe the Wraith does know where Earth is but they are kind of pre occupied with other things at the moment. Remember there was one episode where the Wraith captured Ronon & McKay just so McKay can see them doing damage to Earth if they got there.

Comment

Originally posted by HenryHayes View Post
        I believe the Wraith does know where Earth is but they are kind of pre occupied with other things at the moment. Remember there was one episode where the Wraith captured Ronon & McKay just so McKay can see them doing damage to Earth if they got there.
        lol....

Those Wraith got destroyed. They left their race to starve to death while they gorged on Earthlings (or drones rather, hehe!!! ). They never shared the information with anybody or we'd be seeing hive ships flying around with modified hyperdrives. The interesting part is, with depleted feeding grounds from being woken up too early, advanced hyperdrive technology would only cause more friction and infighting amongst the Wraith.
        http://www.change.gov

The reason you should vote Republican in 2010.

Comment

I thought that was a great episode.
          sigpic
          Many thanks to geekywraith for the wonderful sig

Comment

This is not a plot hole, remember that in CG, the wraith did feed on Sheppard to find the strenght to fight the Geni but before he gave Sheppard's his life back he had defeated several Geni and fed on them as well, so at that time he was much stronger from several feeding

Comment

That was a terrible episode that left a foul taste in my mouth, especially the end where the wraith gets his forced volunteer (yes forced, they would not have taken no as an answer). At the end all i could do was stare at the tv....

Comment

Originally posted by Integrabyte View Post
                John did say he is not very good at expressing his feelings. We know McKay cannot make a phrase when it comes to emotions so in a way they are the same.

Turning now to the conversation itself, in my opinion, Rodney is shocked how far Sheppard would go for him. I mean we know Rodney would build a nuke from shoe laces if it would save John but so far we haven't actually seen how John would react to certain situations. The end emphasizes John's leadership skills BUT the cost is more than it should be...
                That's what I though too. Remember in Irresponsible *sorry to bring that one up* how shocked they all were when
                Spoiler:
                John gunned Kolya down?

Originally posted by The_Carpenter View Post
                At the end of the day John is military and like O'Neill has probably done some damn distasteful things in his career, I don't really understand why people expect military characters on the show to constantly smell like roses to use mayborns expression. John did what was needed to be done to stop Mckay sacrificing himself, because Mckay is to valuable to the SGC and the Expedition to be sacrificed when there is another option.

It may be hard to stomach but it was for the greater good, and it won't be the first nor the last time a call like this will have to be made.
                This is the whole essence of John's character. You understand it if you understand the military mindset and hate his decision if you do not. Sometimes it is hard to do the right thing, and these guys make those hard decisions so we don't have to.

And unlike some others here, I believe he takes total responsibility for his actions. And one other thing, I don't think his decision regarding Weir in Adrift was inconsistent. He already said he considers her one of his family. He was just doing what he knew she would have wanted which I'm sure they discussed after her former experience with the nanites. I would pull the plug on anyone in my own family if the time came without a second thought.
                sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Homeslice55 View Post
                  Definitely my favorite of the season. So good. My heart skipped a beat seeing a Wraith in the SGC. And the preview for next week... delicious.
                  The first time a Wraith sets foot on Earth, I bet he was wishing he could pin point Earths location so he could get there in the future...

I really enjoyed this epp even though it reminded me abit of the SG-1 episode where Sam Carter was abducted by("Ninjas" lol) Adrian Conrad...

The character of Roney Mckay definately grew from the events of this epp...

Comment

Originally posted by O'Neill is funny View Post
                    That was a terrible episode that left a foul taste in my mouth, especially the end where the wraith gets his forced volunteer (yes forced, they would not have taken no as an answer). At the end all i could do was stare at the tv....
                    Saying "forced" is a bad assumption. I'm sorry. You can speculate all you want but it doesn't change the fact that there was absolutely nothing to suggest that Wallace was forced to do anything and we have every reason to believe that he volunteered.
                    || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

another nice episode, this time Earth-centered. I didn't expect anything special and I liked it. the beginning was so Rodney, he can't figure out how to solve some problem and Zelenka's line really fits. also I thought it was cool to see the SGC and Agent Barrett again (still not sure how much I hate the NID). Ronon didn't get much to do other than a few funny lines like when they're in the elevator and getting out of the car. I think they cut his comment about BSG, that's a shame

Steven Culp I really liked, he played a villain who's actually just trying to save his daughter. Rodney gets kidnapped of course, that sure was no surprise. I always have to smile when Jeanie calls him Meredith though, and the way McKay shows his ego throughout this ep is just classic. it was good to see how Jeanie could relate to Wallace since she also has a daughter but Rodney just wants to get outta there. btw what were those guns these guys shot them with? sure didn't look like Zat's to me but ultimately had the same effect

then of course the scene with Walter and Ronon, it was great to see the little fella again and listen to his stories about O'Neill and some Admiral while Ronon obviously doesn't care and is just bored. the first Wraith sets foot on Earth, why didn't they bring Carter? oh yeah she's in command of Atlantis. well I expected to see Sam but it didn't bug me that much really

the end's maybe a little too convenient. Rodney manages to talk Todd into helping him, Shep convinces Wallace to let Wraith feed on him (we really got to see a different Shep in this ep imo). so did Wallace's daughter got cured too? strangely I didn't miss Teyla, IDK why but noticed that Weir's name came up again (and O'Neill's). Sam I missed somehow but I guess that's just the way it's gonna be. Keller wouldn't have anything do, so her absence was fine

not much more to say. overall another decent ep, it's not my favorite of s4 but it's certainly in my top 10
                      Last edited by Jumper_One; 01 December 2007, 07:45 AM.
                      sigpic
                      The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Jumper_One View Post
                        so did Wallace's daughter got cured too?
                        No. McKay said that due to a manufacturing fault the nanites basically ran out of juice whilst part way through repairing her arteries and she bled to death.
                        sigpic
                        by Kaaatie

Comment

Originally posted by doylefan22 View Post
                          No. McKay said that due to a manufacturing fault the nanites basically ran out of juice whilst part way through repairing her arteries and she bled to death.

...which is sad...really. The poor guy ...not only he lost his daughter....

Comment

Originally posted by HenryHayes View Post
                            Maybe but IMO the Reps are a bigger threat, they hate humans and they have Ancient tech, that means they could get to earth and attack it.

As I read the forum there seems to be a lot of people that like this episode and some who don't but what everyone agrees on is that those tin man commercials were annoying now I am not going to watch (I wan't going to in the first place) it because those ******* commercials.

Comment

yeah the tin man preview is every other second which is really annoying
                              sigpic
                              Many thanks to geekywraith for the wonderful sig

Comment

Originally posted by doylefan22 View Post
                                in that case it's really convenient that Wallace sacrificed himself
                                sigpic
                                The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Working...
                                X