Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If anyone wants prove on how tough teal'c is watch season 8's Affinity.

Comment

Ok..here's a stupid question..why would they be fighting anyway...would they not be on the same team???

Of course if you need to have an answer, you know who I would pick already.
      Purple's Biggest Fan
      A Purple Creation

Atlantis Dex Style

Dex Devil

Comment

Tough one. I wondered the same thing watching Ronon fight in Condemned. In the end, though, I would have to give the edge to Teal'c just based on his much greater experience. Yeah, Ronon's good. He'd sure enough whoop all our butts (combined), but I still think Teal'c has a slight edge. If they did fight (practice or whatever), I think that they'd both beat the crap out of each other then, a couple of days later after they had recovered, go out and beat the crap out of the bad guys together, as someone else said.

Comment

Very tough fight to call. Ronon is VERY fast. He's so fast, that I barely saw what he did when he grabbed that knife in "Condemned." It was just "WHOOSH!", and suddenly he's got the knife pressed against the guy's throat. Very, very fast. He's also skilled, and very good at handling pain.

Teal'c though, he's got immense strength, an incredible level of focus and calm, a great deal of experience. He also handles physicl pain to superhuman levels.

Overall, although I think our Jaffa friend would get bloodied up pretty badly, Teal'c would in the end prevail. His clarity of purpose is an edge Ronon lacks. Ronon seems to fight just to fight, but he doesn't really have any goals that have made themselves apparant. He also seems very impatient and impulsive, while Teal'c is a very measured person. No word or deed with Teal'c is ever wasted, really... at least no non-ice cream related deed. Basically, when Teal'c puts his mind to something, he's essentially indominable.

-IMF
          "There's not a little boy born who wouldn't tear the world apart to save his mummy... and this little boy can." --The Doctor.
          "The plastic tips at the ends of shoelaces are called Aglets. Their true purpose is sinister."--The Question.
          BAD WOLF!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Ouroboros
            Nah what I was trying to get at is that he took all those vicious shots to the body and head from a weapon swung by a guy with Goa'uld strength and didn't even get KOed. That's pretty damn badass.
            Well, I'll give him that; Teal'c is definitely very, very tough and can take a lot of punishment. More than Ronon, I'd imagine. Maybe I'm just underestimating Teal'c since I've had 8 seasons to watch him get his ass kicked, whereas Ronon's still making his mark as the token badass, so he can't start getting beat up too often just yet.
            Thornbird: I'm Major Robort Thornbird. And you are?
            Jack: Captain James T. Kirk of the starship Enterprise.
            Thornbird: Your dog tags say otherwise.
            Jack: ... They're lying.

Comment

My moneys on Teal'c!

Comment

the only way ronnon could beat tealc is if ronnon was a good 15yards away and had a clear shot at him but in hand to hand tealc would mop the floor with his but

Comment

Teal'C would kick some serious Runner Butt in a Hand-to-Hand fight. He has WAAAY too much experience.
                  But if Teal'C had a P90 (or 2) then Ronans gun would be useless.
                  sigpic

Comment

It would be one helluva fight; no doubt, but my money would be on Ronon. He seems a lot quicker and uses the same fighting style as Imhotep. The only reason Teal'c won over him was because of that good old goa'uld arrogance. Ronon doesn't have that problem...

"We'll keep the light on for you."

Comment

Definitely Teal'c, he'll never give up but nor would Ronon but eventually if Ronon would have to he would. Teal'c never would as even through he no longer has the symbiote, he likes to pretend he does (as shown in that ep when he had to learn to walk again).
                      sigpic

Comment

In hand to hand combat, despite Teal'c size and training, Ronon would win. He is also very well trained, and has the speed that Teal'c lacks. As for endurance, Ronon is probably much more physically fit than Teal'c, due to 7 years of survival in the wild and running from the Wraith.

(I also think Ronon's gun would make the P90 cry.....remember the demonstration? )
                        On fighting:
                        Farrah: "A swordsman does not fear death, if he dies with honor."
                        Dr. Who: "Then he's an idiot."

Comment

I don't know, I think Dex's gun and a P90 would deliver comparable amounts of damage in the same amount of time. There's a lot to be said for rapid firing rates. Just look at how the single-shot staff weapons stand up to the P90s.

Egad... I think this could be our first disagreement.
                          Thornbird: I'm Major Robort Thornbird. And you are?
                          Jack: Captain James T. Kirk of the starship Enterprise.
                          Thornbird: Your dog tags say otherwise.
                          Jack: ... They're lying.

Comment

Mmmm. I pick draw although I'd put my money on Teal'c
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Blue007
                              Ok..here's a stupid question..why would they be fighting anyway...would they not be on the same team???

Of course if you need to have an answer, you know who I would pick already.
                              No, it is NOT a stupid question. I wish I had asked it.

And we both know who would win.
                              On fighting:
                              Farrah: "A swordsman does not fear death, if he dies with honor."
                              Dr. Who: "Then he's an idiot."

Comment

Originally posted by Lida
                                No, it is NOT a stupid question. I wish I had asked it.

And we both know who would win.
                                It's a cyber pay per view event designed to make funny money...and interesting "talk"

"We'll keep the light on for you."

Comment

Working...
                                X