This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ronon by so so so so far.

teal'c got own'd by goauld simmons while ronon easily ownd goauld caldwell.
    A CORNERED FOX IS MORE DANGEROUS THAN A JACKAL!

Comment

Originally posted by GreyFox

Finally someone with some common sense. Let look at it this way:

1.) A Jaffa is strong partly because of his symbiote.
      2.) Teal'c has no symbiote, the trutonin mostly serves as a immune system, not a extra source of strength.
      3.) A hosted Goa'uld is atleast slightly stronger than a Jaffa, or equal in strength
      4.) Ronon easily man handled a hosted Goa'uld, Col. Caldwell.

So, Ronon should have an edge over Teal'c and win. But let's look at it another way.

a.) Strength - See reason #4 above. Although, I would say Teal'c is no ordinary Jaffa, so I think this is extremely close. In raw power, I'd go with Teal'c by a hair.
      b.) Speed - This goes to Ronon. He is clearly faster.
      c.) Agility - This easily goes to Ronon.
      d.) Endurance - Toss up. Ronon was a runner, so he had to of been used to prolonged situations. On the other hand, Teal'c has the heart of a lion. The mental strength one has plays a large role in endurance.
      e.) fighting style - Ronon is has a martial arts style. Teal'c is more of a heavy boxer. If Ronon could keep moving, he could wear down Teal'c and win. But if Teal'c hits him with one good shot, Ronon would be slowed down quite a bit and be hurt.

Point is, I don't think this could be decided in a few minutes as to who would win. More likely, if the two ever faught a "to the death" kind of fight, I think it would probably last hours, if not days. It all depends on whose fight is fought. A slow "ground and pound" would go Teal'c's way. A faster paced "float and sting" would go Ronon's way.

Either way, it would be one hell of a fight. Bigger and better than Fraser vs.Ali, or Hulk Hogan vs. Andre the Giant. LOL!!! Still, in the end, I'd have to say Ronon would win, by a hair. But it would cost him a great deal. I'd certainly pay good money to have front row seats for that fight!!!
      Wraith, the OTHER white meat.
      Loyalty above all else, except Honor.

Comment

Much as I'd (really, really, really I mean REALLY - did I mention really?) like to say Teal'c without hesitation, I fear the odds may not turn out in his favor, from the physical viewpoint anyway

Both are excellent fighters, albeit with different style

but physically speaking:

Teal'c is a jaffa, jaffas have the superhuman strength of the goauld yes...but problem is, Teal'c no longer has his symbiote. Now we would expect tretonin to have exactly the same effect as a symbiote (since that's the substance symbiotes produce) but as seen in the show that's not the case tretonin only grants health but not any special strength. Teal'c is still very strong for a human (that's what Frasier said) but certainly not super-strong as he was before
        (Actually ever since he lost his symbiote I was hoping the writers would give him a new one so we'd have the former Teal'c again - they didn't )

We also know that Ronan's physiology is "special" (for example the wraith can't feed on him) and we've seen him take on a wraith in single combat & win, wraith also have superhuman strength which suggests Ronan has similar strength (also the way he flung Michael to the wall when he saw him train with Teyla & thought he was attacking her)

If so Ronan would have the edge. Sorry Teal'c
        Last edited by SoulReaver; 15 September 2006, 12:36 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by GreyFox

Ronon took cadwell by surprise, Teal'c could've done the exact same in the same situation.

Tealc would win definately, his brute strength could knock Ronon out with one hit. Also I don't get the debate about ronon's agility and speed giving him the advantage, teal'c has super speed reflexes, seen in 'theshold', anything ronon could try to do with his speed tealc could easily counter. Yes symbiote teal'c was stronger but since teal'c lost his symbiote he's pumped up alot, probably gaining back the strength he lost. Also Ronon is far too cocky, he'd go into the fight thinking it would be a piece of cake then get knocked on his butt,
          Spoiler:
          like what happened with the wraith king
          teal'c analyses his opponent, pinpoints their weak point and uses that against them.

Comment

Bah, you guys are just Anti-Ronon. I like Teal'c more then Ronon as well, I just don't think he would win in a one on one, hand to hand fight with Ronon.

And Ronon didn't suprise Caldwell when he threw him like that. Caldwell had just told Ronon that he possesed the strength of 3 men, so he knew that Ronon was going to attack him. What he was suprized about was, that Ronon tossed his butt so easily. Darn SGA and Ronon haters. Grrrr. lol.

Comment

Just remember that just because someone is stronger doesn't mean you can't pick up and throw them the same as any other guy. Just if they did the same to you you'd fly 3 times as far.

Comment

Originally posted by Freekzilla
                Bah, you guys are just Anti-Ronon. I like Teal'c more then Ronon as well, I just don't think he would win in a one on one, hand to hand fight with Ronon.

And Ronon didn't suprise Caldwell when he threw him like that. Caldwell had just told Ronon that he possesed the strength of 3 men, so he knew that Ronon was going to attack him. What he was suprized about was, that Ronon tossed his butt so easily. Darn SGA and Ronon haters. Grrrr. lol.
                wrong, you're just speculating that it's because people are anti ronon, I actually like ronon he's one of my favourite characters on SGA maybe even the favourite. He still wouldn't win against teal'c though, teal'c is too well trained, too experience and to be honest too smart compared to Ronon.

Ronon did surprise caldwell, if caldwell knew he was about to be attacked he would've tensed up ready for a fight but he didn't he just stood there asif the conversation was about to continue. It was lucky on ronon's part, a readied Goa'uld would've given him much more of a fight.
                Last edited by kirmit; 15 September 2006, 03:58 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by kirmit
                  wrong, you're just speculating that it's because people are anti ronon, I actually like ronon he's one of my favourite characters on SGA maybe even the favourite. He still wouldn't win against teal'c though, teal'c is too well trained, too experience and to be honest too smart compared to Ronon.

Ronon did surprise caldwell, if caldwell knew he was about to be attacked he would've tensed up ready for a fight but he didn't he just stood there asif the conversation was about to continue. It was lucky on ronon's part, a readied Goa'uld would've given him much more of a fight.
                  Then why was Simmons kicking Teal'c AND O'Neill's butts in Prometheus? I still don't believe you. You haven't given any evidence that Teal'c is great at hand to hand combat. Besides, how could hosted Caldwell be suprized? A Goa'uld knows what it's host knows, and Caldwell knew that Ronon was hot headed and would do something like that. I'm not trying to take anything away from Teal'c, he just isn't the hand to hand combat type. He's more of the overall warrior type; pilot, staff weapon, some hand to hand, strategies, leadership etc. That's what makes Teal'c such a great warrior, he can do it all, maybe not the best at everything, but definitely among the top ranks. Have you even seen Ronon fighting hand to hand? He's pretty darn good. Of everyone in the SG universe, I think only the Sodan are on the same level as Teal'c and Ronon. Watch Sateda again, Ronon is pretty crafty, and takes down around a dozen Wraith alone. Remember, someone who is hunted learns pretty quickly how to fight. And like I said, I think Ronon would win, but he would just barely pull it out.
                  I say we drop the two characters in a pit and let them fight it out. Then we'll know for sure. Just make sure to bring your sleeping bag, cause it would be a long LONG fight. lol. Besides, who ever won, wouldn't really win, because I think the damage the two would inflict on eachother would be more than either could survive. That is, IF they really really went at it and were trying to kill eachother. And I think no one would want to see that. Sparring on the other hand, I think that would have been a great scene. Teal'c would be a great influence on Ronon. And I think Ronon would be a kind of kindred spirit to Teal'c, and maybe even get Teal'c to smile and laugh. That would have been a really good story to tell; Teal'c taking Ronon under his wing like Bra'Tac did for Teal'c, instilling some trust, honor and wisdom in Ronon. Don't you agree with that? Who knows, maybe Ronon would start saying "Indeed" like Teal'c. LOL ! ! !

Comment

tealc for sure

ronon would give him a good fight but the end of the day its muscle guy

1. he hench
                    2.he can deal with pain
                    3. his HENCH..
                    sigpic

Comment

Trotonin still adds strangeth and health just not as much as a symboite. In that episode where his son and Bra'tac where forced to work Dr.Fraiser said that Teal'c had lifted more weights then anyone in the base and he kept lifting weights after that.
                      Come see Kingomon's Stargate stories about:
                      Poseidon, the Ancient's King and
                      new enemy of the Ori
                      At: http://www.stargate-sg1.hu/fanfiction/

Comment

Originally posted by wise one
                        tealc for sure

ronon would give him a good fight but the end of the day its muscle guy

1. he hench
                        2.he can deal with pain
                        3. his HENCH..
                        Huh? What are you talking about? That part makes absolutely NO sense. Hench?

He can deal with pain? So can Ronon, Becket performed surgery on him to remove that tracking device, WITHOUT ANY ANESTHESIA.

Comment

Teal'c would likely win. I say likely, because it would obvious depend on the situation. If it was a situation where a weapon was placed between them, Ronon's speed and agility would likely give him a decided advantage in getting the weapon first. But in a physical only, one on one battle, Teal'c would take him. The tretonin has an abnormally strong healing effect. It doesn't just give him a normal immunity, it heals at a rate beyond a typical human rate. Since a person's physical strength is still governed by the ability of their muscles, the tretonin would allow Teal'c to maintain or even exceed the strength he achieved before, as his determination to do so would have increased and the enhanced healing of the tretonin would still allow him to develop more quickly than the average person.

But the bigger factor here is the amount of training Teal'c has received. As others have pointed out, he could have nearly a century of addtional training. And the single-biggest advantage Teal'c would have is his mentality. Ronon would be likely to try to attack Teal'c directly out of pride and arrogance. Teal'c wouldn't have such issues, which would give him yet another advantage.

Also, with the concept of someone being stronger than 3 men, the problem is that it's not specified which 3 men. Depending on who the 3 guys are, I could be stronger than them too. So Ronon could easily be as strong as, if not stronger than 3 men.

Comment

Originally posted by kirmit
                            He still wouldn't win against teal'c though, teal'c is too well trained, too experience and to be honest too smart compared to Ronon.
                            But Ronon was a runner for seven years. He spent every day fighting to stay alive - if that's not evidence of survival experience and smarts I don't know what is.

I think it'd be a close one too call and nowhere near as black and white as some people are making out.
                            sigpic
                            by Kaaatie

Comment

Originally posted by doylefan22
                              But Ronon was a runner for seven years. He spent every day fighting to stay alive - if that's not evidence of survival experience and smarts I don't know what is.

I think it'd be a close one too call and nowhere near as black and white as some people are making out.
                              I don't think you can compare Ronan's running for seven years with combat training. Running doesn't help with one-on-one combat that much. It means that he is resourceful and street-smart.

I'd give Teal'c the edge in strength and endurance, but Ronan is definitely more agile. But if you watch Threshold, Teal'c isn't all that slow either, just not as agile because of his larger frame.

Think about it this way, who would you pick in a hand to hand fight between Bra'tac and Ronan. I think Bra'tac would lose, but he would give Ronan a heck of a fight due to training and combat knowledge/experience. Bra'tac takes down stronger faster opponents all the time. Teal'c should also have the similar advantage, but he doesn't seem to show it much. In many episodes he just uses his brute strength and power.

With all things considered, I think Teal'c should win if he even uses a smidgen of the training Bra'tac has given him, and quickly too since he knows that with Ronan's quickness, Ronan can wear him down. But, if TPTB decide to use the big dumb, brute force Teal'c, which they like to show off in most episodes, Ronan would have the advantage.

Comment

Thanx for the input guys

ha, see that they like me more
                                no you fool they like me
                                Ill show you your going down
                                Its obvios that everyone likes me
                                shut up rodney

Comment

Working...
                                X