Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is a question that as soon as I thought of, immidiately caused me to think "how the hell didn't I think of that before?"

T'ealc or Ronon ??

both of them plays a similar role in their SG-team - the strong fighter.

I thought about it for a long time, Ronon is a pure bred fighter, he won almost every melee combat he had (except against some hyped up people), while t'ealc, as strong as he is, won many fights by a hair's breadth, and he's not as war like inclined like Ronon.
    I think that if they sparred, Ronon would probably win, or they fight it down to a standstill.

what do you think ?

Comment

Tealc easily in my opinion he was first prime to a system lord as well as kiliing a few goauld in hand to hand fights(cronus+imhotep)
      sigpic

Comment

Well Teal'c didn't kill Cronus in hand to hand, if anything he was getting his ass kicked by him. Same for Imotep, who knew Capoeira and was defeating Teal'c, he just left himself wide open for Teal'c to kill him. Yet Ronon was using the Goa'uld Caldwell like a ragdoll.

So I could see Ronan being the better of the two. Ronan has spend years learning different types of martial arts, techniques and and after his experience in Sateda, is generally an overall master in death.

sigpic

Comment

Teal'c was born a fighter
          Teal'c was Trained by Bratac
          Teal'c has extra strength
          Teal'c is older then Ronnon
          Teal'c is more experinced in Combat

Teal'c is the Champ of Stargate's Ring
          Come see Kingomon's Stargate stories about:
          Poseidon, the Ancient's King and
          new enemy of the Ori
          At: http://www.stargate-sg1.hu/fanfiction/

Comment

Teal'C, because he is a character.

Comment

on the caldwell thing the devalued the goauld as time when on in sg1 and there strength I have no doubt if that was the first time a goauld was in the stargate franchise ronan would have got the crap kicked out of him
              sigpic

Comment

Come on!
                I would say that the common Wraith is roughly the same strength (super human that is) as a Go'uauld.
                Teal'c has only a very rare few melee fight with Guauld's (how the hell do you spell that!?), and as I said before, if he won - it's was a very narrowly won.

Ronon (shouldn't it be Ronin!?) Has spent years being hunted by the Wraith, and has numerouse encoutners with them - in which all he was victorious.

I absolutouly agree that Teal'c has more physical strength, but I think that Ronon has a slightly better chance to win a fight (I'm not saying he'll dispose of Teal'c easily, it will probably gonna cost him a few teeth )

also, Teal'c is used to fight other humans, while Ronon is used to fighting creatures with far supirior physical strength.

Comment

^ Hopefully we will get to see when chris judge guests for an episode in season 4 of atlantis
                  sigpic

Comment

Now for another question; who would score first blood?
                    Mammals suck!

"Real men don't need inertia dampers."

Check out my GURPS campaign setting wiki, Islands of War!

Stop sending me friendship requests. I will deny them all, regardless of who they come from.

Comment

Originally posted by ascendedancient42 View Post
                      Now for another question; who would score first blood?
                      Definitely Ronan. Is there a place that guy doesn't keep a knife?

sigpic

Comment

TEAL'C nuff said

Comment

This has been done before, with no clear winner.

Ronon is more nimble and quicker
                          Teal'c is more durable and slightly stronger.

If it's a slug fest, I think Teal'c would win. But Ronon doesn't fight that way, he more or less jabs and moves. Teal'c can take one heck of a beating, and Ronon isn't to shabby either, just not as resilient as Teal'c. If Ronon stuck to his quick and nimble fighting style, I think he could eventually wear Teal'c down. Then again, if Teal'c gets in a log splitting slug on Ronon, He'd be hurt significantly.

It all boils down to this: Neither one is a slouch. If they were to fight, it would be one HE** of a fight. I think even the Wraith and Goa'uld would sit back with some popcorn for that one. And it wouldn't be over quickly. Their fighting styles are different. Granted, Teal'c was a First Prime. But that doesn't make him invulnerable or unbeatable.

I personally think that people overplay Teal'c's age and experience. The jaffa, and therefore the First Prime, are warriors yes. I don't think hand to hand combat is their specialty. They are more likely to be in a position of superiority to their opponents, or to shoot their opponents with the staff. In hand to hand combat, any First Prime would be far better than most humans, but Ronon is no ordinary human.

In the end, I think it would be to close to call beforehand. It could go either way. If it was just a boxing match, I'd pick Teal'c hands down. If it was anything goes, (no weapons), mmmmm, it's a toss up.
                          Wraith, the OTHER white meat.
                          Loyalty above all else, except Honor.

Comment

Teyla ?
                            what does she got to do with it?
                            - she has no super strength, the part Wraith DNA in her only menifest itself with the enhanced mind abilities - not with physical strength.
                            I believe the fact that she is somewhat stronger then the average person, is due to her worrior training - she's built & trained in combat, and as a result developed the strength to match her skills. still, it's no way super human - or even rivals that of Ronon.
                            Granted she is a superb fighter, she got the moves and the agility, but still, her role is more of that of a scout, she can't be compared to Ronon or Teal'c in terms of fighting abilites.

Comment

Originally posted by ironballs View Post
                              Teyla ?
                              what does she got to do with it?
                              - she has no super strength, the part Wraith DNA in her only menifest itself with the enhanced mind abilities - not with physical strength.
                              I believe the fact that she is somewhat stronger then the average person, is due to her worrior training - she's built & trained in combat, and as a result developed the strength to match her skills. still, it's no way super human - or even rivals that of Ronon.
                              Granted she is a superb fighter, she got the moves and the agility, but still, her role is more of that of a scout, she can't be compared to Ronon or Teal'c in terms of fighting abilites.
                              I Agree, Tayla would be against Michael and his Jaffa training.
                              Not Ronnon and Teal'c.
                              Come see Kingomon's Stargate stories about:
                              Poseidon, the Ancient's King and
                              new enemy of the Ori
                              At: http://www.stargate-sg1.hu/fanfiction/

Comment

Ronon would win as he is quicker, stronger (he can stand toe to toe with a wraith commander) plus from what we have seen Ronon has more skill than Teal'C, Ronon does not have to rely either on a symbiote or on tretonin which makes Ronon tougher than teal'C

Comment

Working...
                                X