This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by beneaththeblue View Post
    And what's with his hair? Looks like they are trying to copy Shep's bed head, and it looks dumb.
    His hair looks great Finally he has his natural hair and not the stupid military hair-cut. David Hewlett has normally longer hair and very messy. It´s nice they finally got it into show.

Originally posted by bluealien
    I really fail to understand your reaction to the Sheppard and McKay interaction and I don't recall Sheppard telling Rodney he didn't trust him
    If I remember, Rodney asked him "you don´t trust me" and Sheppard said something like "no". But I could have understood wrong.

I also don't get that he doesn't show respect... Sheppard is in charge and has to give orders and expects them to be followed.. where does he not show respect.
    Vengeance is a good example. Sheppard gives an order and Ronon starts like "you give up" and Teyla hers "I don´t think it´s a wise decision" and blah, blah...I mean, he gives an order and they start to argue with him. It´s not democracy. He should say the order and the other should go and do it, not argue. I heard few times, how Sheppard had to say loud "that´s an order" so Rodney or others would accept it without complaining. I think it´s part of his friendly attitude towards the others and that he still isn´t too comfortable in full command position. He is more friend than a leader. It´s not necessary wrong but in situations like this it causes trouble.

I didn´t mean only Sheppard, their banting was very annoying here. Rodney is babbling and Sheppard stops him and, I am not sure if I heard talk Sheppard in normal tone of voice in whole episode. Even when Rodney did nothing wrong, he is like "it´s not working McKay". But Rodney warned him that if he doesn´t do it by himself that it could be too complicated for Sheppard to do it.
    I think that instead of "banting" they should try to listen each other more. Because not all Mckay says is whining and complaining and some information ARE important. And McKay should listening to the orders and say only the important stuff.
    Thanks gods that in Doppleganger seemed everything OK.

I liked Ronon here. He seemed as a line between those two. A calm force, holding Sheppard and McKay from each other. I am beginning to really like Ronon in this season
    Last edited by Klenotka; 06 October 2007, 05:26 AM.

"No dictator, no invader, can hold an imprisoned population by the force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power governments, and tyrants, and armies can not stand." - G´Kar, Babylon 5

Comment

Originally posted by Klenotka View Post
      His hair looks great Finally he has his natural hair and not the stupid military hair-cut. David Hewlett has normally longer hair and very messy. It´s nice they finally got it into show.
      high and tight for everyone!
      Stolen Kosovo
      sigpic

Comment

I thought the action was a bit more exciting in Adrift, but I still really enjoyed this episode.

Weir totally *rocked*! Loved her interaction with Oberon. Just like Carson's "send off" - a fabulous episode for the character right before they go away! Well, Carson will be reappearing, so there's always hope for Weir, right?

The Asurans are attacking the Wraith. YAY! Now you know this is somehow going to turn into a bad thing.

Note to the Powers That Be - we've seen all of Dr. Lee that we need to see in the Pegasus galaxy. Send him home. Please.

Love Carter. (Well, I've always loved Carter.) I'm excited to see her actually interacting with the Atlantis team.

The one thing I found a bit jarring - Sheppard was going to leave Teyla in charge of Atlantis in case the mission failed? Like he really has the authority to do that!!!
        sigpic
        Thanks to Starlover1990 for the banner

Comment

Sheppard, Ronon, Mckay and Weir definitely my favorite ever sg team.

P.S can Lee be any more annoying?

Comment

Originally posted by meredithchandler73 View Post
            I thought the action was a bit more exciting in Adrift, but I still really enjoyed this episode.

Weir totally *rocked*! Loved her interaction with Oberon. Just like Carson's "send off" - a fabulous episode for the character right before they go away! Well, Carson will be reappearing, so there's always hope for Weir, right?

The Asurans are attacking the Wraith. YAY! Now you know this is somehow going to turn into a bad thing.

Note to the Powers That Be - we've seen all of Dr. Lee that we need to see in the Pegasus galaxy. Send him home. Please.

Love Carter. (Well, I've always loved Carter.) I'm excited to see her actually interacting with the Atlantis team.

The one thing I found a bit jarring - Sheppard was going to leave Teyla in charge of Atlantis in case the mission failed? Like he really has the authority to do that!!!
            Uh, yeah, he does have that authority, as ranking military officer and as second senior member of the expedition directly under Weir.
            Never, never, never believe any war will be smooth or easy...

... or that any man can measure the tides and hurricanes he will
            encounter on the strange journey.

Spoiler:

2 Cor. 10:3-5
            3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:
            4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds; )
            5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

Comment

The acting was wonderful, the effects were great, but it left me cold. Where's the team? These people don't even seem to like each other. I know they're in a crisis here, but they have been in similar situations before and maintained a sense of camaraderie and a dash of humor.

Poor Teyla was disposed of within the first few minutes of the show. I hope she actually gets to do something this season. Can they only write for one woman per episode? If Weir is featured, then Teyla must be sidelined? I hope they don't continue this when Carter takes command or they might as well have made Teyla a replicator too.

Carter seemed bored by the whole situation. And I wasn't thrilled with the way Dr. Lee's sole purpose was to trail along behind Carter playing the village idiot.

It's too bad they couldn't have taken a moment for reaction from the Atlantis community, rather than Carter conveying Landry's condolences to Sheppard. It would have been nice to see how these people who have been working together for years care about each other.

We did get a brief moment with Teyla and Ronon in Weir's office, but I'm sure that was just because they were not necessary in the control center and it was a way to give them somthing, anything to do. I guess Ronon now has two jobs: fighting and consoling grieving friends. Teyla gets stuck with the same old stuff: stand around and look concerned.

Nex week is Reunion. I predict that Ronon will be angry, Teyla will be concerned, while Sheppard and McKay bicker. Of course, they can't even do this as a team. There will be some convenient reason why Teyla and Ronon must go off on their own, while Sheppard and McKay are called elsewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by Freek View Post
                One question though: At the end Zelenka says the Asurans are launching a "massive fleet". How can this happen since their fleet has just been blown up by the Apollo?
                In "First Strike" the time between nothing and the fleet was three weeks. THREE weeks.

The said the PWARW wasn't completed... and yet they wanted to strike, thinking it would be a good thing??

They never said how often they were doing flybys of the planet, but prior to the attack I'm thinking three weeks to build a massive fleet and they think this is a good idea? Right.

How much time between the attack and Atlantis getting to their new homeworld? 3, maybe 4 days tops.

I see NO reason why the replicators couldn't build more ships in that time. If for no other reason then now they are pissed... and would be more determined to go after Earth. So they work faster.

Anyway, that's my though on the whole thing with the old fleet and now this new one.

Now the question I do have - the Replicators were able to figure out how to get thru the AR field... does this now mean the AR weapons, and more importantly the PWARW won't work??

If that's the case, I think that's going to be a big problem.....

-R

Comment

I thought it was a good episode. I liked Weir's stuff. Very clever with Oberoth. Too bad TPTB seem to step for characters when they're on their way out.

Of course falling into their hands wasn't so good--you admire her self sacrifice, but it could have some nasty repercussions for Atlantis.

Comment

Originally posted by Cautious Explorer View Post

Poor Teyla was disposed of within the first few minutes of the show. I hope she actually gets to do something this season. Can they only write for one woman per episode? If Weir is featured, then Teyla must be sidelined? I hope they don't continue this when Carter takes command or they might as well have made Teyla a replicator too.
                    I noticed that too.

It's too bad they couldn't have taken a moment for reaction from the Atlantis community, rather than Carter conveying Landry's condolences to Sheppard. It would have been nice to see how these people who have been working together for years care about each other.

We did get a brief moment with Teyla and Ronon in Weir's office, but I'm sure that was just because they were not necessary in the control center and it was a way to give them somthing, anything to do. I guess Ronon now has two jobs: fighting and consoling grieving friends. Teyla gets stuck with the same old stuff: stand around and look concerned.
                    Yeah, as often happens, they put their effort into the action part of the episode and forget some of the character stuff. Probably "cut for time." I was figuring that they'd deal with some emotional fallout next week. Shepppard did tell Carter he's not giving up, so we did get some reaction there. I think Carter felt a bit awkward about conveying condolences etc. I mean, she hardly knows them. I liked that we didn't get Landry ordering her to take command of Atlantis right away. It looks like it will be a more natural progression. But I am looking forward to seeing how things work out with her and the team. Maybe we'll get some sense of the team missing Weir then.

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                      a question concerning the ep tonight. at one point, either my cable company of the scifi channel froze, but i could hear the dialog. it was when mckay and weir are in the puddle jumper and weir runs out. i 'heard' mckay say she left, but i didn't get to see it. could someone tell me how this scene went down? did mckay turn and see weir leave? i just want to know how this moment went down.

sally
                      Yes, he did. He stands up and shouts after he as she runs by but he doesn't leave the jumper.

I did like that John trusted Teyla and values her leadership skills enough to leave her in charge. He would have had that authority to do so as the interim leader and she would have stayed that way until they were found. They would have lost the city and been stranded on that planet so they needed someone that knows how to structure a settlement and prioritize.

I'm going to chalk the harsh interaction between Sheppard and McKay in this one to residue left from Adrift when Rodney defied him and the stress of the overall situation. I think the idea of them having to kill Weir (John give the order and McKay actually pulling the plug) was a huge burden for them to bear and the strain showed.
                      sigpic
                      Sig by Luciana
                      My LJ Proud member of W.A.S.P. My Fanfics

Comment

This episode was a big improvement over last week, which I found just a series of hectic scenes strung together without any cohesion.

As others have said, its sad that they made Weir such an interesting character, then dumped her. Would have been cool to have a RepliWeir in Atlantis - they still could have put Carter in charge as folks wouldn't be so apt to trust Weir, but it could have opened some interesting doors. But then, I thought the SuperFord idea was good as well, but he got dumped too.

The whole Rodney/Shep arguing is old. Rodney says they have 30 seconds to do something, then they scream at each other for two minutes. They waste more time arguing. The writers really need to tone it down before I turn against both characters.

Teyla didn't have much to do, but at least reference was made about her good leadership skills, which is something we should have seen more of over the past three years. Just saying someone is a good leader doesn't mean squat unless you actually see them in charge somewhere, and Teyla has been woefully shortchanged in that area.

Cleaning Weir's office didn't bother me, as our group doesn't have the ability to go looking for her anytime soon. Teyla showed more emotion than she did at Carson's casket, and I always enjoy the little tender Teyla/Ronon moments. They are very sweet together despite both of them being fierce warriors. Its a nice touch.

Now the really bad: Carter and Lee

I loved Dr. Lee on SG1, but he doesn't fit here, and I hate to say this, but I hope he is gone soon. Carter doesn't gel either, and her hair. . . .OMG, someone give her some scrunchies and get that hair up properly!

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

I agree. Carter and Dr. Lee were a distraction from the true plot of the episode. Carter really doesn't gel as the leader type, despite her "leadership" skills.
                          Spoiler:
                          Wait till Doppleganger.

Spoiler:

4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds; )
                          5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

Comment

Beautiful opening CGI of Atlantis shielded in space.

Does Atlantis look like a snowflake/ ice flower? (yeah, I know, not too original, I'm sure it has been said before hehe).

Nice episode. I liked how Weir tricked the Replicators.

Original mission of the replicators was Wraith-o-cide? Cool.

McKay whining - too predictable for me. "We are out of time, can't be done, have I mentioned we will die, Atlantis will be destroyed, blah, blah, blah."

I feel the same as Sheppard: Sheppard to McWhine (who is whining again): “It never ends with you, you know?”

I like Hewlett and I want to like McKay.

Liked the graphics on what Weir could see as a replicator.

Looking forward to next week!
                            Words have tremendous power. The right words spoken by the right people at the right times can lift up communities, transform lives, mend relationships, break hearts—even topple empires.
                            Quint Studer

Comment

Great episode... any screencaps, anyone?

Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by Ltcolshepjumper View Post
                                I agree. Carter and Dr. Lee were a distraction from the true plot of the episode. Carter really doesn't gel as the leader type, despite her "leadership" skills.
                                Spoiler:
                                Wait till Doppleganger.
                                See I was hoping the unease I saw in DG was because
                                Spoiler:
                                that's the episode that was shot first. Seeing LL I am not so sure anymore. There's no more flow. And Lee! AGHHHHHH!! They took a cute character, an enjoyable one -- and made it annoying in less than 10 minutes of total screen time.
                                sig made by me

Comment

Working...
                                X