This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ann_sgcfan View Post
    Over all funny moments, emotional moments, on the edge of your seat moments. I really enjoyed this episode!! I thought it was a great episode for Weir (very heroic). The last scene with Teyla cleaning out Weirs office was very emotional seeing her with tears and a scene or two before that with Sheppard taking a moment in the chair after landing the city once again! I also liked Sam and Sheppard's scene at the end. Landry sent his condolences and Sam passing it along to Sheppard. I wonder if they (Sheppard, Rodney or Ronon) have told them what really happened. Those on the Odyssey only know there was no life signs for Weir on the planet. Which means what? She is being reprogrammed? I dunno...

I really like that the Odyssey came in just in time to pick up the boys ...Ties in nicely with Adrift! Excited to see the replicators now out there battling the Wraith once again...

Only bad part was that Teyla was not in the episode very much... would have been nice to see her there a lot more!

Looking forward to next weeks episode!!
    One slight correction, it was the Apollo, not the Odyssey.
    Wraith, the OTHER white meat.
    Loyalty above all else, except Honor.

Comment

Originally posted by Freekzilla View Post
      One slight correction, it was the Apollo, not the Odyssey.
      Thanks! I changed it lol had it in my head Carter was coming over on the Odyssey didn't pay attention to the name of the ship sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by ann_sgcfan View Post
        Thanks! I changed it lol had it in my head Carter was coming over on the Odyssey didn't pay attention to the name of the ship sorry.
        Ah no prob. We're all allowed the occassional brain fart once in a while. Why just the other day I almost freaked out at the grocery store because I couldn't find my car keys and sunglasses. Yup, you guessed it. Sunglasses on my head, car keys in my hand. DOH! Now THAT is bad!

Comment

If he's not being pompous and arrogant, he's whining and complaining. Good grief, shut up and do your job Rodney! Jeez!
          Well I would be complaining too as I was being forced to implement something I knew that may blow me up. Too smart for his own good.

Comment

I really liked the trick Wier played on Oberath,, and how they put it in to the story was great!!

I thought that scene where Ronan and Shep were running from all the replicators was like a zombie movie it was creepy and very entertaining

Comment

Did anyone else see the hint of a relationship between Ronon and Teyla?
              Umm yes. But I've seen it for the past two years.
              sigpic
              My OTP's LEAP with passion. Weir did it better.

Comment

Originally posted by BigPharaoh View Post
                another hour of contrived danger and plot events obviously contrived to accomodate behind-the-scenes changes. eh, they could have saved me an hour and just had weir fall of the balcony lol.
                LOL Now that I would have paid to see! I do agree this ep was about Weir leaving and Carter arriving *not arriving* but I don't agree that the whole ep was contrived... just bits.

Personally out of the three eps I have seen this one is the most like season two... in that it is formula Stargate, nothing new or exciting happens here that couldn't happen in a dozen other eps... I liked it but it is the weakest of the three.

This is why I am not a Carl fan he writes formula TV, that is who he is Mr Predictable.

Comment

Wow Great epsiode. JM promised a excellent season opener and he did it. This two parter was superbly done. Both episodes tied in well together and gave Weir a fine sendoff. Good that we'll see her in two more episodes but I'll wager that if we get a fifth season we won't see any more Weir. Loved the trick she played on Oberoth didn't expect that at all. Loved the interaction with John and Rodney, loved the impact that Weir going MIA had. Nice to see they arent forcing carter into position. As much as I love the first three seasons Season 4 is shaping up nicely and could easily end up being the best.
                  Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                  "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                  Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Willow'sCat View Post
                    LOL Now that I would have paid to see! I do agree this ep was about Weir leaving and Carter arriving *not arriving* but I don't agree that the whole ep was contrived... just bits.

Personally out of the three eps I have seen this one is the most like season two... in that it is formula Stargate, nothing new or exciting happens here that couldn't happen in a dozen other eps... I liked it but it is the weakest of the three.

This is why I am not a Carl fan he writes formula TV, that is who he is Mr Predictable.
                    Really? I disagree Carl is one of my favorites writers. He does a fine job and this is a shining example. Edit: BTW loving carters new hair style.
                    Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                    "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                    Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Lord batchi ball View Post
                      I really liked the trick Wier played on Oberath,, and how they put it in to the story was great!!
                      I enjoyed that scene too. Torri and David Ogden Stiers did a great job there.

Ronon had some good scenes too. I liked the scene in Weir's office with Teyla, but I also liked his little scenes with Shep and McKay throughout the episode. I loved it when he was messing around with McKay's stuff in the puddlejumper and McKay said "Stop that!" or "Leave that alone!" or something to that effect. I also liked him telling Shep to "make the call" when Elizabeth ran out of the puddlejumper----and Rodney carrying the order out without a word----both exciting and heartbreaking. Also the scene where Ronon and Shep return to the puddlejumper and Elizabeth stays behind to save them......when Rodney asks about Elizabeth, Ronon answered him with such a sad expression, no words needed. Next week's episode looks to be Ronon-centric. I thought it looked very interesting.
                      Edit: Forgot to add my favorite lines of the eppy.
                      McKay to Shep: "Thanks for the kissing!"
                      Shep to McKay: "Penetration...."

Wilson3Girl

Comment

Originally posted by technoextreme View Post
                        Well I would be complaining too as I was being forced to implement something I knew that may blow me up. Too smart for his own good.
                        Yes, but, does he HAVE to do it aaallllllll the time? If it's not about potentially blowing up, it's about not getting his fair share of coffee, or actually have to do his performance evaluations which is part of his job. Instead of yapping about it, why not concentrate on doing everything you can to make sure it doesn't happen? Rodney just needs one of those electric dog collars configured so that if he starts to whine or complain again, it shocks him until he shuts up. It would free up some time for the rest of the cast to get a little screen time. Not to mention I wouldn't go through so much aspirin.

Comment

Love the ep, only when they were talking about changing the replicator data I was like no, it not worth the cost, but then there wouln't have been a story. Over all I liked it, and seeing Rodney being told to be quiet priceless
                          Tis No Fool to lose what He can not keep, To gain what he will never Lose

Comment

Yes, but, does he HAVE to do it aaallllllll the time?
                            That's Rodney. I like the little glimpses of changes we've been seeing, but I don't want him to be too nice. That just makes for a boring Rodney. Besides, his team likes him just the way he is. jmho

Wilson3Girl

Comment

If rodney would just work on the task at hand and not moan and grone all the time he would be done in a 1/4 of the time it usually takes him.

Comment

Originally posted by Lord batchi ball View Post
                                If rodney would just work on the task at hand and not moan and grone all the time he would be done in a 1/4 of the time it usually takes him.
                                And what's with his hair? Looks like they are trying to copy Shep's bed head, and it looks dumb.
                                But over all, in these first two episodes I thought Rodney was getting better playing well with others-at least not biting everyone's heads off and belittling their ideas. And he wouldn't be Rodney if he didn't ***** and moan about how hard his work is!

Weir was great. Why they can't manage to write her good parts and leave her in place is a mystery to me.

Comment

Working...
                                X