This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by A Lost Cause View Post
    Why didnt the anti rep beam effect the nanites in weir? I dont remember it being explained.

I assume because the field acted like a shell. She was inside, the replicators were outside. She'd have gone Bzzt if she'd have touched it. Obertoth was inside the field when they met.

suse
    sigpic
    Mourning Sanctuary.
    Thanks for the good times!

Comment

I would have preferred if they were just a little more sad at the end......
      Too bad they could only have taken the 1.

I miss her already.

Comment

Originally posted by BigPharaoh View Post
        another hour of contrived danger and plot events obviously contrived to accomodate behind-the-scenes changes. eh, they could have saved me an hour and just had weir fall of the balcony lol.
        I know right. It seemed SO OBVIOUS. Still Torri/Weir rocked this episode. It's kind of sad.

Also Teyla has like the entire season, while yes it would have been nice if she had more screentime she's not the one leaving the show.
        sigpic
        My OTP's LEAP with passion. Weir did it better.

Comment

I am still dissapointed. They promised a huge season premier, and maybe all that hype had me reaching for the sky. It was a bit of a let down. Let's do a little breakdown:

1. No real thought process on attacking the repli home planet. Just jump in and go. I suppose they can't really go over this much, because of the lack of time.

2. Puddle jumper shooting through the shield, no one else had a bad thought and got a visual of another bodily function? I almost choked laughing.

3. Rodney, still freakin' annoying with his whining.

4. Teyla - two whole sentences. Maybe some one should post a sign on her that says, pretty thing - for show only?

5. Ronon - for once they actually gave him something to do. I enjoyed the moment between him & Teyla in Weir's office. He was a true friend.

6. Carter, eh. Still jumping in saving the day. How's that changed since the last SG1 episode? I guess her hairstyle is different. So that's something new.

7. Dr. Lee, as much as I enjoyed him on SG1, he was unnecessary & annoying. Adding another "Rodney" element. How many times do we have to learn about his Warcraft addiction?

8. Ellis -- bring Caldwell back! This guy/actor -- man that degrading voice he uses to talk to ppl. *GAG*

9. Shep - you all probably know I love Sheppy. So can't be really unbiased there. When he snapped at Rodney was the best ever. Finally someone opened their mouth and told him like it is.

10. Weir: It makes me sad that they couldn't have written her this well in the past. That they've taken her out, and this is it.

There it is. In a nutshell my 2 cents. Please don't spend it all in one place.
          sig made by me

Comment

It is sad that she gets development in the same episode she leaves.
            Never, never, never believe any war will be smooth or easy...

... or that any man can measure the tides and hurricanes he will
            encounter on the strange journey.

Spoiler:

2 Cor. 10:3-5
            3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:
            4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds; )
            5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

Comment

All I have to say about this episode is: <i><b>Weir kicked A$$!!!!!!</i></b>

I quite enjoyed it. Great follow-up episode to Adrift. I'm going to miss Weir, but I loved her role in this episode. The best of Elizabeth in my opinion.

And that's my two cents...
              My LiveJournal
              ^_^ ~ DANIquinn ~ ^_^

Comment

Originally posted by ColCaldwell View Post
                Hopefully someone got a screenshot of the battle, it looked like drones to me.
                "Aurange" energy blasts

Spoiler:

4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds; )
                5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

Comment

I thought it was a huge letdown from Adrift. I thought it was ok, but John constantly ripping on McKay is really beginning to annoy me. I also didn't like his decision to hit the kill switch on Dr. Weir. He should've given her the benefit of the doubt.And he seems to get dumber with each passing episode. What happened to his genius IQ? I'm starting to dislike his character. Also, they waited maybe 2 seconds before they started packing up Weir's stuff. Jeez, are they even going to TRY to save her? (I know TH has been written out of the show, but still). On the plus side, Tori gave an AMAZING performance. She saved an otherwise disappointing episode, for me. Hopefully, TPTB will kill off Shep next and put Daniel Jackson in the show.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by lirenel View Post
                    Quite good, but I still feel a little letdown for some inexplicable reason. Don't really know. It will be interesting to see what happens with Elizabeth: the end scene between Sam and John reminded me a bit of the talk between Elizabeth and John after Ford stole through the Gate in Seige.

I don't know if anyone else thought this, but near the end when Rodney is describing all the ways it is possible for them to die entering the planet's atmosphere, John snaps at him saying "It never ends with you, you know?!" and Rodney actually looks kinda startled. It's like he was confused because Sheppard had always just smirked and snarked at him during his imminent-death speeches before. Maybe showing a strain between the two from Rodney's actions in Adrift (activating the nanites).

Shouldn't go into Teyla's role (or lack thereof). Seriously, she had, what, two lines and got to look sad when cleaning out Elizabeth's office. (also, why Teyla and why, like, the day Elizabeth disappeared?) Ronon is becoming quite good at the try-to-comfort-people-cleaning-out-personal-belongings-of-lost-friends thing.
                    I think it would be teyla as hell, it gives her something to do, plus she and elizabeth did seem to be friends ("Sunday").

i think rodney was just stressing out. let's see, he's the one who has to save the city, he saved elizabeth only to doom her, so yeah, he's got some stress so is caving to imminent doom and shep probably isn't doing much better.

Originally posted by BigPharaoh View Post
                    another hour of contrived danger and plot events obviously contrived to accomodate behind-the-scenes changes. eh, they could have saved me an hour and just had weir fall of the balcony lol.
                    Originally posted by Ltcolshepjumper View Post
                    It is sad that she gets development in the same episode she leaves.
                    yup. sucks.

overall, I liked the episode, it was action packed. could have done without dr lee being turned into the resident comedic relief though.

I did up some screencaps and it's just easier to point to the link than repost here as I'm hitting the sack.

http://wraithfodder.livejournal.com/120736.html

Comment

I'm most likely in the minority here ...but I was disappointed with this episode. I found it too predicatable in too many places, too slow (I lost count how many times I looked at the clock wondering when it was going to be over) and well I thought it was just a let down in terms of action and character interaction after such a great season opener.

Oh well, it was nice to see Weir actually doing something. It was nice to see Ronon showing his 'teddy bear' side by being there for Teyla when she was cleaning out Weir's office. Rodney was Rodney and Shep was Shep. And I'm still trying to figure out why Dr. Lee is around.....

Certainly not one of the worst eps, but not one of the favorites either.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by prion View Post
                        I think it would be teyla as hell, it gives her something to do, plus she and elizabeth did seem to be friends ("Sunday").

i think rodney was just stressing out. let's see, he's the one who has to save the city, he saved elizabeth only to doom her, so yeah, he's got some stress so is caving to imminent doom and shep probably isn't doing much better.

yup. sucks.

overall, I liked the episode, it was action packed. could have done without dr lee being turned into the resident comedic relief though.

I did up some screencaps and it's just easier to point to the link than repost here as I'm hitting the sack.

http://wraithfodder.livejournal.com/120736.html
                        THANKS!!!!!!!!!

Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by DANIquinn View Post
                          All I have to say about this episode is: <i><b>Weir kicked A$$!!!!!!</i></b>

I quite enjoyed it. Great follow-up episode to Adrift. I'm going to miss Weir, but I loved her role in this episode. The best of Elizabeth in my opinion.
                          Definitely a great episode for the Weir character. It is a shame this is pretty much it for her. If they'd have done more like this with her in the past, maybe we wouldn't be having to see her leave now.
                          sigpic
                          MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                          "...phu...ah..."
                          "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                          Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Over all funny moments, emotional moments, on the edge of your seat moments. I really enjoyed this episode!! I thought it was a great episode for Weir (very heroic). The last scene with Teyla cleaning out Weirs office was very emotional seeing her with tears and a scene or two before that with Sheppard taking a moment in the chair after landing the city once again! I also liked Sam and Sheppard's scene at the end. Landry sent his condolences and Sam passing it along to Sheppard. I wonder if they (Sheppard, Rodney or Ronon) have told them what really happened. Those on the Apollo only know there was no life signs for Weir on the planet. Which means what? She is being reprogrammed? I dunno...

I really like that the Apollo came in just in time to pick up the boys ...Ties in nicely with Adrift! Excited to see the replicators now out there battling the Wraith once again...

Only bad part was that Teyla was not in the episode very much... would have been nice to see her there a lot more!

Looking forward to next weeks episode!!
                            Last edited by ann_sgcfan; 05 October 2007, 07:48 PM.

Comment

Now THAT was a good episode! They finally got it right, AND finally did somethings we've been asking for. First was, they actually talked about Weir's "demise" instead of forgetting about it two seconds after it happened. Good job! Two, Carter wasn't automatically put in to replace Weir straight off the bat. It looks as though there will actually be some thought behind that action before it happens. Three, there were plenty of suprize twists I didn't see coming. Four, it seemed that everyone had a little bit more character and that it flowed more smoothly than before. The only down side and complaint I have is, does Rodney ever shut up and stop complaining? If he's not being pompous and arrogant, he's whining and complaining. Good grief, shut up and do your job Rodney! Jeez!

Did anyone else see the hint of a relationship between Ronon and Teyla? And what about those large venomous snakes on the main land? I think there's gonna be a three way thrown down soon. All in all, a very good episode.
                              Wraith, the OTHER white meat.
                              Loyalty above all else, except Honor.

Comment

Very nice episode! liked it much better than last week! is Dr. Lee staying around for any more episodes cause i though he was kinda funny in this one!!!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X