Who will die next? Spoilers for Doppelganger onward

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
    You know what would happen then? She would steal the show from everybody else... wait, i don't mind that actually.
    it would be great. Her character is far more interesting than the rest of SGA characters
    Stolen Kosovo
    sigpic

Comment

Welll... I do like Elizabeth more... but Vala could talk ears off both to McKay and Sheppard. And Carter looks lame and pale next to Vala.
      I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
        Welll... I do like Elizabeth more... but Vala could talk ears off both to McKay and Sheppard. And Carter looks lame and pale next to Vala.
        I like Elizabeth too. Her character could have had a great potential, but TPTB completly screwed it up.

But Vala is a great character, and I think CB is a better actress than AT or another SGA actor/actress.
        Stolen Kosovo
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by g.o.d View Post
          I like Elizabeth too. Her character could have had a great potential, but TPTB completly screwed it up.
          Yeah on this we agree.
          I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Hmmm...probably...Teyla.

Not only because they've been dwindling her character's involvement in the show to a near-nil in the past season or so, but also because she's got a baby, baby. They integrated her pregnancy into the show itself, but I'd imagine taking care of a newborn would be extremely (if not emotionally) difficult when you're a permanent character in a sci-fi show. They might "temporarily" kill her off and bring her back after her maternity leave (like they did with Lexa Doig in the Andromeda series).

And for the record, if they kill Chuck, I will raid the studio and poison their Tim Horton's donuts with serious laxative medication. In my clever Tim Hortons uniform disguise.

Sigh...
            sigpic

The best crossover ever.

Comment

Originally posted by Era Yachi View Post
              Hmmm...probably...Teyla.

Not only because they've been dwindling her character's involvement in the show to a near-nil in the past season or so, but also because she's got a baby, baby. They integrated her pregnancy into the show itself, but I'd imagine taking care of a newborn would be extremely (if not emotionally) difficult when you're a permanent character in a sci-fi show. They might "temporarily" kill her off and bring her back after her maternity leave (like they did with Lexa Doig in the Andromeda series).
              Amanda Tapping.

Comment

Originally posted by Era Yachi View Post
                And for the record, if they kill Chuck, I will raid the studio and poison their Tim Horton's donuts with serious laxative medication. In my clever Tim Hortons uniform disguise.
                Good thing they import Krispy Kremes, then.

Teyla's the Sexy Alien Chick; even being a mama isn't going to change that. As long as they can still dress her in a skimpy outfit and have her looking hot, her future is pretty much assured.

Although I suppose there's the possibility that the baby could be a girl so when they fast-gro her she turns out to be the new Sexy Alien Chick and then they can dispose of Teyla for Teyla 2.0 and Rachel can go off to be a mom, minus the grueling schedule. Well, minus the grueling work schedule, anyway. Motherhood is its own sleepless nightmare.

The "dwindling character" thing isn't enough of a reason to get rid of her, though; she's NEVER had much involvement and she's been used as wallpaper for almost the entire time she's been on the show... but she's SEXY wallpaper and as far as TPTB are concerned, that's all that matters.

Ronon is the sexy male wallpaper, so he's equally safe.

Comment

Originally posted by SGFerrit View Post
                  Amanda Tapping.
                  Does this mean you think AT will die next?

Comment

Well, if I have to go with the offing of my fave characters, than yes Teyla will be next without a doubt. That would make her 3 out of 3.
                    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post
                      The "dwindling character" thing isn't enough of a reason to get rid of her, though; she's NEVER had much involvement and she's been used as wallpaper for almost the entire time she's been on the show... but she's SEXY wallpaper and as far as TPTB are concerned, that's all that matters.
                      Ah, but sexy wallpaper characters can be replaced. Again, like Lexa Droig's character was replaced by Doyle in Andromeda...it's just a hunch, but it seems to me like the writers have tried time and time again to make Teyla-centered storylines and said episodes don't receive much fan praise (in comparison to heavy Shep-whump and Rodney-packed episodes, that is). Maybe it's my inborn fear of losing Teyla, but if I had to predict which of the four team members will go next...it's her.

And on the note of female characters...Amanda Tapping? Nah. They're probably peeing off all sorts of SG1 fans by putting her in SGA...if they do that, and then kill her, I'd expect the studio to go down in flames. Literal ones.
                      sigpic

The best crossover ever.

Comment

The poll should have been, "Who do you WANT to see die next?"

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
                          Well, technically, the question is "who will die next", not "who you want to die next".

And I vote for Katie too. A "sad one" as per Mr. Hewlett eh? Interesting.
                          Yep. I'm thinking Katie Brown is next.

Though Elizabeth is a possible candidate as well.

Comment

Is it worth pointing out that Amanda Tapping will never be killed off but that Sam Carter might? Or would that just be a waste of text?

And Weir has been written off. That's all TPTB need to do. Killing her is too final, but if you just write her off you can head off the worst of the fan riots and use her as bait at the same time: she might return, we just haven't found the right story yet, it depends on Torri's schedule, anything is possible, maybe next season, etc. Just look up all the things TPTB said about Corin and Rainbow and apply them to Torri. You can string fans along for YEARS that way even if you never intend to use the actor/character again.

Comment

Originally posted by IWantToBelieve View Post
                              I really don't think killing off
                              Spoiler:
                              K.H
                              . compares to losing
                              Spoiler:
                              Carson or Elizabeth
                              Agreed.

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
                              Well, technically, the question is "who will die next", not "who you want to die next".

And I vote for Katie too. A "sad one" as per Mr. Hewlett eh? Interesting.
                              Yeah, Katie got my vote too based on that exact quote. Hope I'm wrong.

After her, my guess would be Lorne.
                              sigpic
                              Sig by Luciana
                              My LJ Proud member of W.A.S.P. My Fanfics

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post
                                Is it worth pointing out that Amanda Tapping will never be killed off but that Sam Carter might? Or would that just be a waste of text?

And Weir has been written off. That's all TPTB need to do. Killing her is too final, but if you just write her off you can head off the worst of the fan riots and use her as bait at the same time: she might return, we just haven't found the right story yet, it depends on Torri's schedule, anything is possible, maybe next season, etc. Just look up all the things TPTB said about Corin and Rainbow and apply them to Torri. You can string fans along for YEARS that way even if you never intend to use the actor/character again.
                                I think you knew what I meant. Thhhhppp...

Getting rid of Weir was something we all knew was coming. And she's not gone for good. They left her 'end' open for the very reason you just described: yes, they could bring her back. Will they? Probably...in as much as they bring Carson back. Or Ford. An episode or two, and then the rest in mystery. I mean, they had a funeral for Carson and everything--we saw him get swallowed by an explosion. That's pretty final. But in Torri's case, it's easy to believe we'll see her again, because she's in the hands of the Replicators. And hey, the whole season is about fighting the Replicators, right?

I just hope they don't do something stupid...like Borg Weir. Or evil Weir, mind-controlled by the Replicators...I can, however, see the Replicator nanites taking her over...and maybe she'll become new leader of the Replicators. Woo...

If that happens, I think the future holds a lot more death than our imaginations can handle.
                                sigpic

The best crossover ever.

Comment

Working...
                                X