Weir's plan?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by alyssa View Post
    Torri and TPTB have said time and time again she's only in four eps, so yep, I'd say this is it for her.
    Originally posted by Atlanis View Post
    Have you forgeten about season 5 they didn't say that she was or was not involved in season five yet and I think she will be
    Just what I was thinking.

It has been covered how and why the Keller Replicator would have told the team that the real Weir is dead. I would have thought this to be a lie. Personally, I don't know what to believe.

If this was the real Weir, then I would have thought she'd have got in contact with Atlantis, especially as she seems to be among a group that do what they want, when they want. However, I see little reason for there to be another Replicator version of her.

I do not believe that this Weir has anything to do with the Wraith. In my opinion, the Wraith didn't meet the rest simply because they had no reason to do so. They just left, and continued on their way as they were doing before hand.

I don't know though, whether this groups plan is Ascension. Weir from what we know, doesn't believe these Replicators are able to Ascend, so either she is controlling them, and has a master plan on taking out the Wraith once and for all, or there is something else going on.

Regardless, this Weir is darker. There is much more too her, and I think she will play more of an evil part now, not that she may be a bad guy, just, that she'll be more of an darker character.
    sigpic
    It's Probin' Time!

Comment

Besides I suggest we rename this thread into "The Weir'd plan".
      Welcome to the zone where normal things don't happen...

...very often

Comment

Originally posted by Ehecatl View Post
        They had to be part of Niam's group or more organic replicators, like the ones in This Mortal Coil. Otherwise they would now be in the blob.
        Not if they were half way across the galaxy. It was stated many times that the plan hinged on all of the Asuran ships being in orbit around the homeworld so that they would be close enough to get sucked in in a timely manner.

Comment

weir's plan???

same thing she plans every night...try to take over the galaxy...lol
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by wise one View Post
            weir's plan???

It's her secret life ambition.
            http://www.change.gov

The reason you should vote Republican in 2010.

Comment

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
              I'd like to think it was the real Weir, being controlled somehow by the Replicators. Their purpose is ambiguous, though--do they want simply to ascend, or do they want to do worse--replace the humans in the galaxy?

I would love to imagine a story arc that was multi-episodic where Elizabeth played the foe--and Shep and the others discovered she was the real Weir and did what they could to eventually save her--a nice, long Weir heavy storyline.

Is is possible that the "Weir Clone" from TMC was a plant by THIS Elizabeth, created to pass along that hard drive to McKay so that the Lanteans would destroy the old Replicators? That the entire TMC storyline was a set-up by the Real Elizabeth to meet this end--destroy Oberoth and his collective and take control?
              I totally agree with some of the opinions expressed in this forum. It is obvious that the replicators seen at the end have separated from the original group of replicators and we might be on the right way to assume that they really are seeking ascension. One detail to mention is that if that Niam's group was able to get a Atlantis replica off world, how hard could it have been to have more than one off-world? Another interesting point you mentioned is that it was a bit too obvious that the repli-SGA made from real flesh by nanites were followed to meat with the real SGA, it almost seems as you mention that it was meant to be or even organized by repli-Weir or the real Weir.

A final though, what if the next step in the evolution of the replicators is to transfer their consciousness as done with the SGA replicas to real flesh nanite built human-replicators, like the ones showed in this episode, and that the Weir we saw at the end, with the rest of the replicators in that surviving ship was simply one of many flesh-replicators out there, with a more obscure goal towards ascension?

cheers
              Ivan

Comment

You know what would be even more interesting, is if the Weir that was depicted in This Mortal Coil is the Weir that was on the bridge of the Aurora. That she was faking pretending that she was a clone. Everyone else bled when they were cut, she didn't.

Comment

Aren't the nanites they used on Weir Parts of Liam?? I wonder if its kind of a merge of Liams personality with Weirs??

Comment

Interesting about the nanites. In theory they are the nanites after Oberoth reprogrammed Niam. Those nanites were pretty aggresive but they were reprogrammed again. It could possible be that either the Dupli-Weir we saw in the episode is the same one and that her master plan was to get rid of the other replicators, in which case it would make sense that she was no way near the replicator homeworld, but monitoring the activity.

In either case, there were many hints during both episodes we have to analyze, and it was interesting to not see Oberoth during the whole process. I am not sure if this is the end of the replicators as we have seen them, a new beginning or just a probable new story line.

cheers
                    Ivan

Comment

I think it is the real Weir too and I think she planned it all so Shep and the rest wouldn't try and rescue her anymore because she believes she can't go back. I don't think she is evil. I think her and her group are going to seek Ascension that's their work but they could seriously do that with Oberoth and his vicious work.
                      sigpic
                      My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
                      poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Comment

Originally posted by poundpuppy29 View Post
                        I think it is the real Weir too and I think she planned it all so Shep and the rest wouldn't try and rescue her anymore because she believes she can't go back. I don't think she is evil. I think her and her group are going to seek Ascension that's their work but they could seriously do that with Oberoth and his vicious work.
                        But why make the last moment of the episode so dark and ominous. Hell, Weir was decked out in black and they played eery music. Could be just to throw us off, but I doubt they'd do that just to show happy, "we can finally work on ascension yay!" mentality. That may be one of their goals.

I can't believe I'm going to make a WoW reference, but...Dr Weir is Atlantis's Sylvannas Windrunner.

Comment

Originally posted by wise one View Post
                          weir's plan???

Reminded me of Pinky and the Brain, funny show. Which one is she Pinky or the Brain?

Comment

Originally posted by Lord batchi ball View Post
                            Reminded me of Pinky and the Brain, funny show. Which one is she Pinky or the Brain?
                            NARF!

Comment

First of all let me say "hats off" to the "powers that be". that was a great episode, and a phenominal finish. They did exaclty what they were trying to accomplish...they wanted to get the fans talking, mission accomplished!!!

With that said I think all the ideas that everyone has mention are possiblities!!! Honestly I was losing intrest in the show, but after that episode and the final shot of Weir, I'm In!!! I think we'll be seeing more of Weir come next season, i hope they bring her back for good, but we'll see. I think she's still in control, but like others have said, doesnt feel like she can return, but also sees the oppurtunity to help the replicators towards acension... But only time will tell!!!

Oh...and I think Torri looked really HOT in the all Black uniform!!! More Please!!!

Comment

had a thought in regards to Niam and the nanites.

What if, the 'reset' in Niam wasn't entirely finished, and the nanite injection was a way to further his work through Weir. It didn't seem like he was completely 'evil' at that point.

Although it may have not been predicted of what happened in Adrift/Lifeline, it's still very possible.

Remember he said that he sensed 'compassion' in Weir, that she would be sympathetic to their cause.

So all the information about the rebel replicators were uploaded to Weir, and was only furthered when she was captured.

Comment

Working...
                                X