Weir's plan?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by marty2006 View Post
    alot of people are suggesting its the original weir here but the replicators said they had killed her, why would they have any reason to lie
    Actually i believe it was replicator keller who told the team that Oberoth had killed her, but that was never confirmed.

Also theres a very simple reason for lying, if repli-keller didn't lie then john and the rest of the atlantis teams would've tried multiple rescue attempts.

However because the replicator faction devoted to ascension need her alive and with them, they had to lie about her being dead.

Comment

If it's the real Weir. then she will be on a darker path.
      her ethics and morals all tangled up.

for now she wants to be left alone. i think this will be the whole Lt Ford situation again.
      Eagles On Pogo sticks

Comment

Originally posted by kirkeastmetn View Post
        in the way that she will try to seek ascensionat any cost, even if that includes destroying/or stealing something from atlantis/earth.
        Great that means either Rodney or Shepard being Pegasus could be kidnapped.

Having both almost...Almost ascended.

Worst case scenario they go to Earth and kidnap a certain archeologist with experience to ascension.

Twice

Daniel Jackson also had Merlin in head.

Comment

one things worrying me

didnt higginson say in an interview shes in 4 eps this season but only mainly in 2 on an interview with gateworld

we've had 4 eps with her in already, i hope they dont just leave this hanging over like they have done with fords storyline

Comment

I wouldn't think that the replicators would have any reason to lie about killing Weir. It makes sense that they would kill her if she could influence them. If my enemy could to that I might want to study them but at the end of the day it may be too great a risk if they can do it again so I think this is the replicator Weir not the original.

Comment

I think it isn't the real Weir, maybe RepliWeir or yet another DupliWeir. if the other replicators on that ship are part of Niam's group then I think she was referring to ascension. but if this wasn't the case then imo this is evil (Repli/Dupli)Weir trying to rebuild the Asuran 'empire'
              sigpic
              The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Originally posted by marty2006 View Post
                alot of people are suggesting its the original weir here but the replicators said they had killed her, why would they have any reason to lie
                The fact that they said in Part 1 that she was dead, and then showed her in Part 2 possibly alive is exactly why I feel it's the real Weir. It's a literary tactic. Make the audience accept something a fact from an secondary source (you don't see it happen onscreen), and then contradict that with primary proof later.

I'm pretty sure this is the real Weir.

Carson: Muh tuttles!

Comment

Originally posted by Ganthet Jr. View Post
                  The fact that they said in Part 1 that she was dead, and then showed her in Part 2 possibly alive is exactly why I feel it's the real Weir. It's a literary tactic. Make the audience accept something a fact from an secondary source (you don't see it happen onscreen), and then contradict that with primary proof later.

I'm pretty sure this is the real Weir.
                  so what is she doing on a replicator ship? why is she working with those replicators? there's no reason to not contact Atlantis yet they don't, why? the music suggests it's evil Weir (but this can be a plot device), why does she say 'we can finally get to work'? it doesn't make any sense for the real Weir to do this stuff
                  sigpic
                  The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

QR

i actually think that that is either whats left of the real Wier, or a repliclone.

that hint was given in Mortal Coral, or whatever the name of that ep was.
                    when the lead replicator said "she was destoryed because of what the others did in her presense" , ok, not the best quote, but close enough.

i think that she is in with the group of replicators researching ascention.

and i highly, highly doubt that they are teamed with the wraith in anyway. the replicators orginal code was to have aggresion against the wraigh, it is litterly a programed hate. even tho the replicators were given the ability to change their base code, its highly evident that they havn't removed the essentials, because they still have highly aggressive tendensies.

-excuse the hell out of my spelling today. hopefully everybody can read typo as a second language.
                    Homer: WHEN PIGS FLY!...
                    (a pig was in a cannon, and got shot accross the town, right were homer can see)

Homer: Doh!

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffles View Post
                      exerting control over them and somehow over the ones that comprise her crew. There must be a reason they were not affected by Rodney's weapon..
                      That is easy to explain away... Her ship was NOT at the battle, therefore could not get affected..

Comment

My thought is that Weir made the replicators week in some way to help make sure they got destroyed. This way she can go ahead with her plan without being bothered.

Comment

Did anybody notice that she was wearing the new atlantis jacket like the one Sam wears

because my guess is that she is the Duplicate weir because the real one never knew about the new jackets while the Dupli-Weir and TMC found out about them

Comment

I think it might just be costuming, to make her similar to Weir in a bad*** sort of way. She's still got on the "Weir" mock turtleneck, and the red stripes are an allusion to the Command Red Weir always wore.

TMC Weir didn't see Sam's new uniform, just those of Rodney and the jacket Teyla had. I guess it's possible that dupli!Weir could have made it to match the new jackets, but I'm not sure that would have been her first priority.
                            Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

IMO it was the real Wier.

And she was a part of the Rebel Reps we saw in the previous episode. THey lied to Shep so they would think she was dead and not worry about destroying the Reps and also not to give away thier plans after the distruction of Oberaoth and his eivl clan.

I think she saw what the Reps can do but Oberaoth was down the wrong path and she intends to reform the reps into a more accepting machine.

Comment

Originally posted by Jumper_One View Post
                                so what is she doing on a replicator ship? why is she working with those replicators? there's no reason to not contact Atlantis yet they don't, why? the music suggests it's evil Weir (but this can be a plot device), why does she say 'we can finally get to work'? it doesn't make any sense for the real Weir to do this stuff
                                Exacty. That's not the real Weir.
                                Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                                "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                                Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Working...
                                X