Clear All

Originally posted by Heaven View Post
    weak. very weak.

Sheppard was like a moron
    Teyla was as annoying as ever
    Carter and Lee, what the hell was that? they felt like a commercial break
    the CGI felt so fake
    the midway set and CGI were horrendous
    are McKey and Zalenka the only two competent people in the city?

on the bright side Ronon was great

hope Lifeline is (a lot) better
    I agree with you. It was boring too. But don't worry, Lifeline is much better than this crap
    Stolen Kosovo
    sigpic

Comment

Awesome. Just awesome. I SO loved it!
      The cake is a lie!

Comment

Originally posted by justhere1971 View Post
        Agreed & agreed. I suppose that's why it's called scifi.
        I guess so! I mean many times things that some characters pull off or perform are ridiculously unrealistic, and certainly some of the medical scenes are, er, well, put it this way, half the characters in the TV world would be dead by now if resus scenes in real life were carried out the way some have been on fictional TV.! I guess it is fiction so we have to suspend disbelief at times.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Heaven View Post
          weak. very weak.
          In your opinion.

Sheppard was like a moron
          Right, because he planned a course of action that saved the city from imminent disaster several times? Because he put the life of the expedition before the life of Dr. Weir after objecting to Rodney's use of the nanites?

Teyla was as annoying as ever
          She had about ten lines. I fail to see how that was annoying.

Carter and Lee, what the hell was that? they felt like a commercial break
          Actually, I kind of liked the banter. Too bad you didn't.

the CGI felt so fake
          Because they have the money to blow up tons of asteroids, get every bit of the city right (by the way, most of the lights were turned off to conserve power), and show shots of the city we've never seen before?

the midway set and CGI were horrendous
          What were you expecting, DS9?

are McKey and Zalenka the only two competent people in the city?
          No.

on the bright side Ronon was great
          Ronon had like, 3 minutes of total screen time. Hell, Jason didn't even have to act in order to pull that off.

hope Lifeline is (a lot) better
          Oh it is.

My pet peeves with the episode was poor writing. It was like they tried to come up with forced events after forced events. If it wasn't an asteroid field, its the hyperdrive being damaged, if it wasn't the hyperdrive, its the power conduits. It didn't live up to the finale. Character interaction was at best forced. And that hispanic (I'm assuming he is) guy that was operating on Ronon and was flying the jumper, ugh, they could have found someone better.

Zelenka gets pelted in the leg by a micro asteroid and he's back and up on his feet in no time (albeit on crutches)?
          Last edited by rarocks24; 29 September 2007, 04:41 AM.
          http://www.change.gov

The reason you should vote Republican in 2010.

Comment

Originally posted by Vala_M View Post
            Except who is going to fix that broken tower in Atlantis now? Or is it going to stay broken?
            I'm curious about that too. Without any replicators it could take a while to repair this. But my guess is that it will fix itself magically and when we next see an extreme long shot of the city after 'Lifeline' the city will look fine again. Say no to continuity, but hello to the miracles of SciFi/CGI.

Originally posted by elbo View Post
            Rodney took the right decision to reactivate the nanites, for how long he programmed them to do just a specific task there is no point in wasting a life because of other people's fears and prejudicies. But, this was still a medical decision, unfortunately Dr. Keller seem to lack a clear opinion in this situation and leave the decison entirely to Rodney and choses to not intervine later in Shepp/McKay dialog. Not very promising for her.
            This was one of the things I really disliked about this episode. The whole nanite thing was basically Keller's idea. But when John yells at Rodney, does she even say a word? No, she keeps out of this rather cowardly. Yes, Rodney was the one who actually did reactivate the nanites, but she was the person who had the idea, so she's responsible for this too. But she stays silent when John gives Rodney a dressing down. That's not fair.

Bye, A.
            ~°~Dr. Rodney McKay ~°~ Dr. Carson Beckett ~°~ McKay/Sheppard ~°
            ~*~ David Hewlett fan ~*~

Comment

A competent season opener but definitely not fantastic (6/10). Rather than focusing on the writing to make the eps better, it seems to be just bigger special effects that's being put in it's place.

The biggest problem I had with this ep is that the city isn't in jeopardy for too long. It's in danger in 'First Strike', then bang, a couple of eps in & it'll all be solved. Just like previous eps beforehand where the city is in danger of destruction, or has major power problems. Then wallop, an ep or 2 down the line, they magically have power & everything is rosy again. To put them in real peril & add more danger to every decision they make, they should have put the city in space for a few eps. Have Atlantis all beat up, with no power whatsoever. Then around 4/5, do a crazy idea that gets them to the new planet. However when they arrive, they still don't have any ZPM's or anything.

Have watched Kaylee, oops, I mean Keller in 'FS' & now 'Adrift' but have to say she really doesn't belong. Her overall performance was too plastic for my liking, think she should be operating on barbie dolls instead of on people. Really made a mistake by needlessly getting rid of Beckett.

Carter is my fave member of SG-1, so am happy she's coming over to Atlantis. However hope that Weir gets to come back in some capacity just like Beckett in S5.

Comment

Originally posted by Wraith_Boy View Post
                A competent season opener but definitely not fantastic (6/10). Rather than focusing on the writing to make the eps better, it seems to be just bigger special effects that's being put in it's place.

The biggest problem I had with this ep is that the city isn't in jeopardy for too long. It's in danger in 'First Strike', then bang, a couple of eps in & it'll all be solved. Just like previous eps beforehand where the city is in danger of destruction, or has major power problems. Then wallop, an ep or 2 down the line, they magically have power & everything is rosy again. To put them in real peril & add more danger to every decision they make, they should have put the city in space for a few eps. Have Atlantis all beat up, with no power whatsoever. Then around 4/5, do a crazy idea that gets them to the new planet. However when they arrive, they still don't have any ZPM's or anything.

Have watched Kaylee, oops, I mean Keller in 'FS' & now 'Adrift' but have to say she really doesn't belong. Her overall performance was too plastic for my liking, think she should be operating on barbie dolls instead of on people. Really made a mistake by needlessly getting rid of Beckett.

Carter is my fave member of SG-1, so am happy she's coming over to Atlantis. However hope that Weir gets to come back in some capacity just like Beckett in S5.
                Spoiler:
                She's going to be in This Mortal Coil.
                Last edited by rarocks24; 29 September 2007, 06:16 AM. Reason: to add spoiler tags

Comment

I thought this was a great season opener and I can't wait to see next week's episode! Great suspense, great fun wondering what was going to happen next, and I thought the visual effects were excellent. I thought the acting was strong by all the cast. Can't wait to see what happens with Weir. I usually get tired of Sheppard/McKay banter, but it was excellent in this fast paced episode. The conflict between them over Elizabeth's life was fantastic. And I like the introduction of Carter so far.

If this is the tone of season 4 in general, I think we are in for a great ride!
                  Last edited by chocdoc; 29 September 2007, 06:29 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Vala_M View Post
                    Loved every minute! The jumper scene was great, the CG was much better than in the "leaked" episodes.

Except who is going to fix that broken tower in Atlantis now? Or is it going to stay broken?

Vala,
                    It's possible that the buildings will be repaired with cranes and Earth crews. It will be the most Daedalus looking portion of the city.

Some contractors will be VERY happy. Besides, the only critical system in that area was apparently not destroyed, and was repaired.

Comment

Originally posted by Wraith_Boy View Post
                      How would they breathe? If they had no power whatsoever there wouldnt be a shield and that means we wouldnt have air to breathe.

Comment

Originally posted by MartianManhunter View Post
                        How would they breathe? If they had no power whatsoever there wouldnt be a shield and that means we wouldnt have air to breathe.
                        Not to mention re-entry. I guess they could have found a black hole to draw power from...

Comment

Can someone direct me to the thread or site where is explains the timeline? We know Adrift didn't occur directly after Unending did, the movies still have to take place first. To me it just seems kind of odd that SGA is premiering with a character (Carter) that still has unfinished business that no one as yet has seen completed.

Even Amanda herself seemed surprised during the fan faire interview when they revealed that the movies don't come out 'til Early next year and late in the fall of 08. Apparently both are already completed they are just what? Searching for strategic release times when they are continuing the storyline with one of those characters in the unreleased movies on television?

Comment

Originally posted by rarocks24 View Post
                            My pet peeves with the episode was poor writing. It was like they tried to come up with forced events after forced events. If it wasn't an asteroid field, its the hyperdrive being damaged, if it wasn't the hyperdrive, its the power conduits. It didn't live up to the finale. Character interaction was at best forced.
                            I agree. It felt like they had to fill those 43 minutes so they stuck in problem after problem after problem for Atlantis. And it wasn't like TPTB were going to destroy the city, so no real tension there. The only really interesting plotline was what happened to Weir, IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Sweetsong View Post
                              Can someone direct me to the thread or site where is explains the timeline? We know Adrift didn't occur directly after Unending did, the movies still have to take place first. To me it just seems kind of odd that SGA is premiering with a character (Carter) that still has unfinished business that no one as yet has seen completed.

Even Amanda herself seemed surprised during the fan faire interview when they revealed that the movies don't come out 'til Early next year and late in the fall of 08. Apparently both are already completed they are just what? Searching for strategic release times when they are continuing the storyline with one of those characters in the unreleased movies on television?
                              Actually, Adrift took place after Unending. There's no Asgard anymore, per Carter.

Comment

Originally posted by rarocks24 View Post
                                It's possible that the buildings will be repaired with cranes and Earth crews. It will be the most Daedalus looking portion of the city.

Some contractors will be VERY happy. Besides, the only critical system in that area was apparently not destroyed, and was repaired.
                                What's the point though? If the building housed research laboratories it's all gone.

Comment

Working...
                                X