No announcement yet.

Atlantis Cast Changes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The only known cast changes are no Beckett, Weir getting knocked down to recurring and Carter showing up for 14 episodes.

As far as we can tell, everyone else should be the same.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SaberBlade View Post
      The only known cast changes are no Beckett
      That was Season 3.

Weir getting knocked down to recurring and Carter showing up for 14 episodes.

As far as we can tell, everyone else should be the same.
      Ah, so it's just the addition of Carter and reduction of Weir? That's not too bad. Thanks! I'm happy that Carter is joining the cast, and if Weir's in at least 5 episodes, the Season 4 cast changes don't sound bad at all.

Comment

Weir could be in a lot more than 5 episodes. Typically during the show, she'd have a somewhat big or small role depending on what's happening, so it's somewhat like Zelenka. Just because she's recurring and not a main character, doesn't mean her time on the show would be any less.

sigpic

Comment

I said if she's in at least 5 episodes meaning 5 or more.

They said Ford would be a recurring villain in Season 2, and he was only in 4 episodes, so I don't have much confidence in the producers to keep Weir around for more than 5 or so episodes.

Comment

Ford was a villian? I never saw him like that, but Ford was useless for the most part, and Weir is supposed to be the leader afterall so they should be keeping her around for more than 5.

sigpic

Comment

Well, maybe "villain" is the wrong word. I should have said "had gone rogue." Regardless of how you describe him, the producers said he'd have a huge arc in Season 2. His arc was 4 episodes.

Weir could easilly be written out in the first five episodes and then return for only one or two more.

Comment

Originally posted by Wormhole View Post
                I’ve seen in a lot of threads that people aren’t happy with the changes (myself included). So I thought I’d bring it down to one question.

Do you want the cast changes?
                Yes. While i do miss our fave doctor, and ford (somewhat) i disliked the next gen of ST, cause of the same cast darn near the entire show... To me, when a show changes some cast around periodicaly, it allows for new growth, and if kept as is, can stagnate..

Comment

Originally posted by huntress View Post
                  Simple answer to this (IMO) simple question: NO. I didn't want the changes nor do I like them. With the death of Carson I felt Atlantis sink back into the water. After what I saw in "First Strike" I totally gave up on Atlantis. It is sad but what else is there to do....RIGHT Read fanfics of course
                  Maybe the writers should pick up on some fan stories. I like reading them to and there is some excellent stories over on here http://www.fanfiction.net/, which could work.
                  Not forgetting the ones on this site .
                  BEST OF BOTH WORLDS

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan View Post
                    Spoiler:
                    Doubtful.

Although it was fun to see McKay as Sam's intellectual foil on SG-1, it worked because he was a guest character. If he had become a regular or semi-regular character, they would have had to get to a place where they balanced things out more.

I suspect the same will be true on SGA. Both are very smart but I don't think Sam will be there primarily in a scientific capacity. She'd be available if Meredith and Radek have to bounce ideas off of her but I don't think science will be her main function.
                    I thought throwing ideas back and forth between Radek and Rodney is Radek throwing ideas his way and Rodney throwing them back. I really don't see the need of Carter stepping in.

But I guess...I hope...they'll balance things out between McKay and Carter, cause if they don't it won't make for good viewing IMO. I didn't much like McKay in SG1 because he was stepping on Carter's turf. But in SGA Carter is stepping on Rodney's (and Zelenka's) turf.

Originally posted by Ltcolshepjumper View Post
                    Probably just the opposite.
                    I sincerely hope not.
                    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Allthough i don't like the cast changes, eventually you'll get used to it. I didn't like Ronon at first either, but now i have accepted him.
                      It keeps the show exciting and fresh, when you know that the characters in the show can all die. What's the sense in placing them in danger, when everyone knows they'll all survive (just like in Star Trek where the cast remains the same during the entire series).
                      So we'll just have to accept the changes and see where it leads to. There's just one thing i don't like to see and that's Carter becoming a regelar on SGA. She belongs with SG1 and while SGA is much better (IMO, not a fact) i would like to see SGA as a show on its own.
                      The return part II: Sheppard contacts O'Neill from the jumper and tells him their mission isn''t sanctioned by General Landry.
                      General Jack o'Neill: "So am i to assume you're not surrounded by heavily armed SG-teams and young strapping marines?"
                      Dr. Weir: "You've got Colonel Sheppard, Ronon, Teyla, McKay, myself and Dr. Beckett."
                      Jack: "Oooh, Dr. Beckett is it? Oh i'm comforted!"
                      Dr. Beckett: "What's that supposed to mean?"

Comment

Originally posted by StefanSGA View Post
                        Allthough i don't like the cast changes, eventually you'll get used to it. I didn't like Ronon at first either, but now i have accepted him.
                        It keeps the show exciting and fresh, when you know that the characters in the show can all die. What's the sense in placing them in danger, when everyone knows they'll all survive (just like in Star Trek where the cast remains the same during the entire series).
                        So we'll just have to accept the changes and see where it leads to. There's just one thing i don't like to see and that's Carter becoming a regelar on SGA. She belongs with SG1 and while SGA is much better (IMO, not a fact) i would like to see SGA as a show on its own.
                        Well, I can get used to having flu, doesn't mean I'd like it.

TPTB are going do whatever the hell they want and ignore the fans of SGA, but cater to their own whims and keeping SG1 alive, even if it costs SGA its identity. AT *IS* going to be a regular on SGA, and well, kiss Weir goodbye. Somebody had to go to make room for Carter (and this is speaking from a budgetary perspective; writing-wise, some of hte writers should have been put on probation and told to WRITE, not retread, stories).

Comment

I really hate this. Carter coming over like this? What real experience can she use in the Pegasus Galaxy. Alot of good it would really do! TPTB really expect us to believe that the IOA couldn't find anyone else to command Atlantis? Is this realistic? Carter in command of Atlantis? I hope this is only for one season. I will really look forward to the episodes she isn't in ( those will probably be the first six episodes). Hopefully TPTB don't screw those episodes up.
                          Never, never, never believe any war will be smooth or easy...

... or that any man can measure the tides and hurricanes he will
                          encounter on the strange journey.

Spoiler:

2 Cor. 10:3-5
                          3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:
                          4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds; )
                          5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

Comment

We don't know that Carter will be in command of Atlantis.

Comment

Weir's probably gonna die, or resign. Carter's gonna be in charge. Just look at the latest news that has official info on S4...."she's gonna need all of these resources for 'her new role.'" Sounds like a BIG role....we'll be saying "goodbye to some old friends."

Jesus is Lord!

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
                                We don't know that Carter will be in command of Atlantis.
                                i bloody hope not , this is not her show to take over

Comment

Working...
                                X