Atlantis Cast Changes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
    I can only agree. I would even go as far as to say that an SG1-fan (and I know there are fans like that) who has never watched SGA because it just didn't interest them one way or another, who will now take the time to watch the show because they brought in Carter (and other SG1-characters) is in my opinion a (big) hypocrit.

Sorry, but that's just how I feel.
    I don't see how that's different from people who stop watching a show because their fav character is leaving...

Either way, they're following their characters. There's nothing wrong with that.

Comment

When they suddenly find SGA worth watching, while they not found it worth watching when there weren't any SG1 characters running around in the same capacity Carter will be coming over in season 4. That's what I think makes an SG1-fan who thinks like this hypocritical.
      I still don't get what you mean, how is that hypocritical?

Comment

When they suddenly find SGA worth watching, while they not found it worth watching when there weren't any SG1 characters running around in the same capacity Carter will be coming over in season 4. That's what I think makes an SG1-fan who thinks like this hypocritical.
        I'm not sure you understand what the word "hypocritical" means.

Hypocrisy is equal to having a double standard. Changing the rules to suit one's agenda so that what's true in one case is conveniently not true in another.

What you're describing is a scenario where a fan who didn't appreciate a tv show might decide to give it a shot because of changes being implemented.

That's not hypocritical in the least.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
          Either way, they're following their characters. There's nothing wrong with that.
          It is, in my opinion, if the fan first thought of the show was 'I'm not going to watch because it doesn't interest me for whatever reason' and when suddenly a member of a, in this case, cancelled show for which has been fought to keep it alive, is suddenly transferred to the spin-off. It's then that the aformentioned fan suddenly decides the show isn't all that bad and will watch just because of that one character.

It's what ShadowMaat said, finding all previeous seasons crap but finding the new season in which the character plays brilliant.

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan View Post
          Hypocrisy is equal to having a double standard. Changing the rules to suit one's agenda so that what's true in one case is conveniently not true in another.

What you're describing is a scenario where a fan who didn't appreciate a tv show might decide to give it a shot because of changes being implemented.

That's not hypocritical in the least.
          Then what is it, if it's not hypocritical? (if indeed I'm misinterpreting the term here, I'm sure there must be another word/term for it then)
          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

It is, in my opinion, if the fan first thought of the show was 'I'm not going to watch because it doesn't interest me for whatever reason' and when suddenly a member of a, in this case, cancelled show for which has been fought to keep it alive, is suddenly transferred to the spin-off. It's then that the aformentioned fan suddenly decides the show isn't all that bad and will watch just because of that one character.

It's what ShadowMaat said, finding all previeous seasons crap but finding the new season in which the character plays brilliant.
            Actually, what Shadow describes is slightly different. She does point out a sort of double standard (or maybe that season was just good, I don't know). Howelver, what you described is basically someone having a look at the series to see if the added character might make them enjoy it more. You didn't say anything about that person thinking that season will be great just because their fav character is there.

Then what is it, if it's not hypocritical? (if indeed I'm misinterpreting the term here, I'm sure there must be another word/term for it then)
            For me, it's nothing. Like I said, it's just a person following his/her fav character to another show. I'm sure there are plenty of people out there who decided to check out a show or movie just because their fav actor was going to be in it.

But I'm sure Uber has her own thoughts on this.

Comment

Actually, what Shadow describes is slightly different. She does point out a sort of double standard (or maybe that season was just good, I don't know). Howelver, what you described is basically someone having a look at the series to see if the added character might make them enjoy it more. You didn't say anything about that person thinking that season will be great just because their fav character is there.
              So, never or randomly seen episodes and then one starts watching because of a favorite character being in the show. Isn't the chance of liking it then better than before the character was there bigger?

I think in some way it is...to which the opposite is equally true. When one's favorite character leaves, the show will loose some of its uniqueness or quality to this person.

Originally posted by PG15
              For me, it's nothing. Like I said, it's just a person following his/her fav character to another show. I'm sure there are plenty of people out there who decided to check out a show or movie just because their fav actor was going to be in it.
              Mmm okay, I get that.

Me, I just can't help the feeling towards these changes. It's how I feel.
              I will watch season 4. I never said I wasn't going to because I got Jewel to look forward to (and maybe, who knows will my favorite character make another appearance). But that doesn't mean I can't feel a certain resentment towards the cast changes, and to those people who have never watched one episode of SGA and suddenly can't wait for the new season to come round the corner, not knowing exactly what led up to the events that will continue in the next season.

Originally posted by PG15
              I'm quite sure she does.
              Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Hey now...that's Über.

I don't think it's hypocritical to not like one thing and to like another.

I loved SG-1 seasons 1 through 8 but hated season 9. Does that mean I'm a hypocrite? Of course not. It means I didn't care for the changes that were implemented. It means my tastes varies from the direction TPTB chose to take.

Now I am an SGA fan and have been since late Season 1...in fact I loved Before I Sleep so much I went back and re-watched the rest of the season in one fell swoop. I am now more excited about Season 4 because my favorite SG-1 character is moving over but I had always intended to watch it.

There are fans however that don't know SGA and never really got into it before...but upon learning that Carter is moving over, they've decided to give it a chance because they like her character and want to see if her being there makes the show something they'd enjoy. Then there are those who love the show but hate the idea that Carter's coming over and have decided already that they're not going to watch.

Neither group are hypocrites...they're just fans with varying interests.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

So I don't know how can't dot the "U", sue me.

Comment

So I don't know how can't dot the "U", sue me.

Most people either "copy and paste" it, or just say Oooooober...as in, a capital "O" with lot's of little "o's" following it. And never the same number. Sometimes it's 4 "O's" and sometimes 15.

Regarding the answer though, I don't know what to call someone who changes their mind about a show or chooses to watch something they weren't planning to watch because of a character or storyline that appeals to them.

For example...I love Claudia Black, and apparently she's doing an episode of The Dresden Files. Well, I'm not too keen on DF...but I'll give that episode a shot because I like her.

Comment

2nd season: took out ford, added ronan
                      3rd season: took out beckett
                      4th season: took out weir, added carter, added keller

Atlantis has had more cast changes in its first four seasons than SG-1 had in its 10! Do they think it'll get boring or something if they don't change at least one cast member a year or something?????

Comment

Originally posted by Zachr15 View Post
                        2nd season: took out ford, added ronan
                        3rd season: took out beckett
                        4th season: took out weir, added carter, added keller

Atlantis has had more cast changes in its first four seasons than SG-1 had in its 10! Do they think it'll get boring or something if they don't change at least one cast member a year or something?????
                        There are several threads about this already.

No. I think it adds reality to the situation. People are being killed all the time. The fact that the original SG-1 is still alive baffles the mind and eventually made it...absurd?
                        http://www.change.gov

The reason you should vote Republican in 2010.

Comment

I think the next to go will be Ronon and he'll be replaced by Teal'c or Daniel.

Then it'll be Teyla, and Keller will become a regular

Then SG1:Atlantis will get cancelled

/sarcasm
                          sigpic
                          Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Ronon is ok but if he got killed off I dont think there will be save Ronon threads. but I could be wrong.
                            Join my forum if you lucky you could be a mod Free World Forums

Comment

Originally posted by Todd6 View Post
                              Ronon is ok but if he got killed off I dont think there will be save Ronon threads. but I could be wrong.
                              There will be one before he gets killed off. Trust me, we'll know before anything's been announced.
                              http://www.change.gov

The reason you should vote Republican in 2010.

Comment

You kidding? There are obsessive fans for everything (proves why we are here right?) and Ronon is no different, www.saveronon.com will be up and running in no time. As for the cast changes I agree with rarocks24, SG1 are immortal! It sort of takes away the fear factor if you keep the favorers alive all the time.

Comment

Working...
                                X