No announcement yet.

Atlantis Cast Changes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IMO they should never have broken up Scifi Friday. That affected the ratings dramatically as well. But I still feel the Atlantis cast shouldn't be tinkered with in the way it has.
    sigpic

Comment

I'm shocked by the fact that AT is already a former member of the cast of Atlantis. It doesn't say good things to me when you're switching cast members left and right. It's a rare show that can regularly change casts and still maintain popularity and cast cohesion. Because the fact is in fiction everyone slips into a role in the story and you move it around you leave roles vacant.

Comment

cast switching...hm, haven't noticed.

btw, there are some threads dealing with cast switching. One for woosley, carter, keller, and anti in general.
        Grammar, Logic, Rhetoric.

Comment

This is different, Amanda Tapping decided not to renew her contract so that she could do Sanctuary instead.

Carson: Muh tuttles!

Comment

.: It was Amanda's choice to leave to go work on her Sanctuary project.

.: Meanwhile, on the home front, things aren't so hot with the cast changes. Many of us are upset. If you are unhappy with it I suggest you come and visit our Anti threads, whichever it may be. We have cookies, and Paris just made us a cheesecake in the Anti S4 thread.

.: No obligation, of course.

Comment

Eh, RDA wanted time to spend with his family so he left SG1. Tapping had another project she wanted to do, so she left SGA. It happens. [snip].
              Last edited by TameFarrar; 25 March 2008, 06:14 PM. Reason: opinions are not facts

Comment

Originally posted by Reiko View Post
                .: It was Amanda's choice to leave to go work on her Sanctuary project.

.: Meanwhile, on the home front, things aren't so hot with the cast changes. Many of us are upset. If you are unhappy with it I suggest you come and visit our Anti threads, whichever it may be. We have cookies, and Paris just made us a cheesecake in the Anti S4 thread.

.: No obligation, of course.
                I'm not upset

Originally posted by SylvreWolfe View Post
                Eh, RDA wanted time to spend with his family so he left SG1. Tapping had another project she wanted to do, so she left SGA. It happens. [snip].
                yes but
                Spoiler:
                she'll be back for a few eps
                Last edited by TameFarrar; 25 March 2008, 06:15 PM.
                sigpic
                The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Jumper_One View Post
                  I'm not upset
                  .: You're a very unique kind, Jumper_One

Comment

Originally posted by Reiko View Post

.: You're a very unique kind, Jumper_One
                    thank you let's just say I'll definitely miss certain people but that doesn't mean I'm upset
                    sigpic
                    The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Jumper_One View Post
                      thank you let's just say I'll definitely miss certain people but that doesn't mean I'm upset
                      .: Ah, the power of positive thinking. It doesn't work for me though.

Comment

Originally posted by JLB View Post
                        I'm shocked by the fact that AT is already a former member of the cast of Atlantis. It doesn't say good things to me when you're switching cast members left and right. It's a rare show that can regularly change casts and still maintain popularity and cast cohesion. Because the fact is in fiction everyone slips into a role in the story and you move it around you leave roles vacant.
                        AT wanted to leave for Sanctuary. End of story.

Comment

I have to say that I'm liking SGA's policy of frequent cast changes. Even where those changes have been for the worse - I've 'lost' characters I've liked, and I've seen good characters replaced with... less good - I think fresh blood is good for the show, and I like that the existing characters are not immortal permanent fixtures. I like my heroes to face real danger, and where's the danger if you know in advance that the s7 cast will be the same faces as the s1 cast?

Madeleine

Comment

Originally posted by Madeleine_W View Post
                            I have to say that I'm liking SGA's policy of frequent cast changes. Even where those changes have been for the worse - I've 'lost' characters I've liked, and I've seen good characters replaced with... less good - I think fresh blood is good for the show, and I like that the existing characters are not immortal permanent fixtures. I like my heroes to face real danger, and where's the danger if you know in advance that the s7 cast will be the same faces as the s1 cast?
                            I agree with that... though, to be fair, Ford was the only one I was sad to lose, so it's easier for me than most to hold that view.
                            Theoretically spoilerish:
                            Spoiler:
                            Sig courtesy of Pandora.

Comment

Originally posted by Madeleine_W View Post
                              I agree too. I miss everyone that is gone, but the fresh blood doesn't bother me at all. It's good to see new people in a show that is so active.

Comment

Stargate Atlantis started going downhill with all the loose ends caused by the Michael/Teyla story arc IMO. Now that Woolsey will take over as base commander, it's going to make things a hell of a lot worse.
                                "You wanna run this ship?"
                                "YES!"
                                "W.. well, you can't."

Comment

Working...
                                X