X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
    I think she's contracted for 6 eps.
    I think it's eight. BRB with the GW newslink.
    - Life after Stargate -
    Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
    Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Killdeer View Post
      I think it's eight. BRB with the GW newslink.
      I think you're correct.
      Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
      "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
      Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

I would have preferred someone older and tougher....think Greg House maybe, or Dr Pulaski.
        *snort* OMG, House on Atlantis...think about it. McKay and House, facing off in the snark fest to end all snark fests!!!!!!!!!! This SCREAMS fanfic! Squee!
        click it...you know you want to --- you HAVE to click this!

Comment

Originally posted by scifi_lemon View Post
          *snort* OMG, House on Atlantis...think about it. McKay and House, facing off in the snark fest to end all snark fests!!!!!!!!!! This SCREAMS fanfic! Squee!
          Doesn't it though? If you find that fanfic, I want to read it.

Here's the newsarticle in question.

http://www.gateworld.net/news/2007/0...this_fal.shtml

It says that (as of the time of writing, which was in February) Staite is currently scheduled to be in eight episodes. That could have changed to be more or less, I suppose.
          - Life after Stargate -
          Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
          Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
          sigpic

Comment

From what I've been given of Jen-jen I like her. She's rockin' she's sweet and really nice. I like her personality under pressure as well for some reason. She's a practical prioritizer. That's cool! So she'll be indispensible in some situations and no comedic relief...which I got sometimes with Carson. I loved Carson, just got that impression some rare times...Sateda for instance.

Plus, I don't know why. I just like her. She's just really cool.

No, I don't remember it in that context, although I can understand why you might think that. *shrugs* However, I doubt it will happen, so it doesn't matter.
            Actually it was based a little from what I remember with the whole idea of his "kirking" and it came from one side of fandom from my knowledge; since I was there when the nonsense was created. You can even go to past posts on JM's blog and GW, I"m sure of it. Of people begging that it's not Shep/Keller and that Shep belongs with....dum dum dum...wait for it:
            Spoiler:
            Weir
            . So it's not all fandom and it was never said nor believed by all fandom that she was brought in as his 'love' interest. I don't think it ever brought up by thunkers (especially the Shep ones...they don't talk ship nonsense); never brought up even on the JT thread since I scanned their thread regularly if I don't post. Not brought up by Whumpers, since they're like the thunkers and tend to share fellow posters with the thunkers.

There was too much little blurbs on so many websites and interview naming someone else as his possible interest, from the shows inception. I'm hoping however it's Ronon. He said he wanted to learn more science in FS, she's a doctor. His last girlfriend was a nurse, she's a doctor. After Sateda Ronon never seemed into warriors. I figure he's into soulful lifesavers. Jen-jen rocks. I may hope it's Ronon, but I can see Lorne or Zelenka. I just don't think the writers would spend too much time on a "recurring-recurring" romance. They'd fizzle that out like they did Cadman/Carson within in one ep. Katie/McKay are "regular-recurring" no need to spend too much time on them as a pair, cause you just see her when needed or he brings her up in convo----and the writers seem to be working with "regular-recurring". Or in the case of SG1, "regular-regular". So I think, it could be Ronon---and he's the only one on the team who's made into a puppy who follows Shep and Teyla around. So they'll need to flesh him on his own in regards to relationships.
            Click statement above to read article.

Comment

Originally posted by scifi_lemon View Post
              You are way late, fics have already gone there. No I don't have links but I do know they are out there.

Comment

Originally posted by vaberella View Post
                From what I've been given of Jen-jen I like her. She's rockin' she's sweet and really nice. I like her personality under pressure as well for some reason. She's a practical prioritizer. That's cool! So she'll be indispensible in some situations and no comedic relief...which I got sometimes with Carson.
                Why do you say no comedic relief??? Jewel is pretty good with the comic tone in Firefly... well I think so anyway, so I actually expect some of that. No really.

Comment

Originally posted by Willow'sCat View Post
                  Why do you say no comedic relief??? Jewel is pretty good with the comic tone in Firefly... well I think so anyway, so I actually expect some of that. No really.
                  That's true, there's plenty of time for her to become comedy relief. And she was at her best with it in Firefly, that's what made her my favorite character---albeit a tad annoying sometimes. She's cute. But currently she hasn't been given that, and I don't really see her character going down that avenue, well not yet. With 8 eps, and from what we know of the intensities of the eps and storylines, doubtful she'll be given that chance. But when S5 starts up, I'm sure they'll give her a bit more fun stuff. The closest we'll get to comedy from her this season, is probably a bit of stuttering or funny expresssions during some crazy mission.
                  Click statement above to read article.

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                    I'm definitely going to make a serious effort to give her character a fair shot. But IMO, she'll never replace Carson. Not fully.
                    I'm hoping they won't even try.
                    it's pretty obvious she could never live up to Carson, but I'm hoping more along the lines of replacement for Teyla?
                    I wouldn't mind giving her a spot on shepteam

Comment

Originally posted by Heaven View Post
                      I'm hoping they won't even try.
                      it's pretty obvious she could never live up to Carson, but I'm hoping more along the lines of replacement for Teyla?
                      I wouldn't mind giving her a spot on shepteam
                      Why on earth would they send the CMO out as part of a gate team? But who knows, maybe you're right. There should be more cross-training. Let's just shuffle them all around. Ronan can have a turn at chief scientist, Teyla can be CMO, Sheppard can take over Chuck's job and why stop at just a member of the team--Keller can be military commander.

Comment

i was upset that cartson died and i wasn't going to gibve keller a shot but after seeing her in first strike i really like her now. it was a short role but i think she has a bright future
                        https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by Cautious Explorer View Post
                          Why on earth would they send the CMO out as part of a gate team? But who knows, maybe you're right. There should be more cross-training. Let's just shuffle them all around. Ronan can have a turn at chief scientist, Teyla can be CMO, Sheppard can take over Chuck's job and why stop at just a member of the team--Keller can be military commander.
                          I don't recall that being a problem with Carson

he sure is a man of many talents though isn't he? already experienced as
                          pilot, commando, ancient chair operator, alien negotiator
                          and lest I forget the best damn fisherman you ever seen

Comment

I misunderstood you. I thought you said you wanted Keller to replace Teyla on the team? Were you saying you wanted to see her go off-world once in a great while as needed? Yes. That's what Carson did, and it looks as if Keller will too.

Comment

Originally posted by Quinn Mallory View Post
                              http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/index...ory=2&id=41871

Anyone cares to speculate about the possible romantic relationship? Could it be with Major Lorne? It would be kind of funny if it's with Zelenka or that Canadian guy who works the gate.
                              As soon as I read it my gut feeling was that it was going to be Shep.

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
                                As soon as I read it my gut feeling was that it was going to be Shep.
                                With nothing more to go on than you have, my gut feeling says it won't be Shep. I hope I'm right.

Comment

Working...
                                X