Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who's looking forward to Carter coming to Atlantis and Weir leaving?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think the teamdynamics will get better, I mean, look at Pegasus Project. I like Carter, I like McKay, and I love every moment those two shared.
    If S4 should be like Pegasus Project, I quit watching. They made him act like trained ape around her and she made an idiot from him. They totally screwed in writing him in this episode. I prefer to see more Rodney/his team scenes than with perfect blonde.
    So, no, I am not looking forward to it. I am trying to see the positive things that Joe Mallozzi mentioned and which, I hope, are true. And I have to hope they won´t screw up.
    I never liked Weir particulary, so I think I will survive her leaving but only in a moment if Carter doesn´t take her place.
    I only don´t understand why does Amanda have to be in Credits? David Nykl would deserve more.
    I don´t mind Carter in SG1, or better, not too much. 10 years is long time and watching someone for 10 years in one show is enough IMO.

"No dictator, no invader, can hold an imprisoned population by the force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power governments, and tyrants, and armies can not stand." - G´Kar, Babylon 5

Comment

I think Rodney has changed over the 3 seasons of SGA, he's not the same obnoxious geek we saw in SG-1, he's still obnoxious just not the same obnoxious... so I don't think the arrival of Sam is going to affect him that badly
      I'm not sure if life is passing me by, or trying to run me down

Comment

I am not but hey I am not going to watch anyway anymore and the reason for Carter coming and Weir leaving is one of the major reasons why I am not going to watch anymore.
        I am exepcting the same vibes we already got from "Pegasus Project" and haughty know it all Samantha Carter insetad warm and caring Elizabeth Weir is not an improvement.
        He's like fire, ice and rage. He's like the night, and the storm in the heart of the sun.
        He's ancient and forever. He burns at the centre of time and he can see the turn of the universe.
        And he's wonderful.

Comment

I'm very much looking forward to Carter coming to Atlantis. I think she will add nicely to the show, given her scientific and military skills.

I'm not looking forward to Weir being in a reduced role. I think the writers have failed Weir and instead of reducing her role, they should fix it and make her more prominent than in the past. Also, I was really looking forward to Sam/Weir interaction (I liked them in New Order). I hope we get to see them together.

Comment

I'm not really looking forward to sam coming and Elizabeth going. I liked how things were in Atlantis before SUNDAY!
            I don't hate Sam but I would prefer if she would not stay on Atlantis at all.
            sigpic

Peter Petrelli: What do you do with something that killed you?
            Nathan Petrelli: You could put it underneath your pillow.

Comment

Originally posted by Elite Anubis Guard View Post
              Bah! They turn him into an idiot when she's around. I hate it.
              Did you ever think he becomes an idoit because he is?

Originally posted by CptOats View Post
              I think atlantis is fine as it is and im looking forward to seeing more of the new doctor shes hot, i think carter will ruin it and think shes better than mckay which she aint so no, but i dont like weir so....
              Memba redemption? McKay admitted she was better than him, shes an Artist and his only critical because his jealous, anybody?

Originally posted by huntress View Post
              I am not but hey I am not going to watch anyway anymore and the reason for Carter coming and Weir leaving is one of the major reasons why I am not going to watch anymore.
              I am exepcting the same vibes we already got from "Pegasus Project" and haughty know it all Samantha Carter insetad warm and caring Elizabeth Weir is not an improvement.
              <snip>
              Last edited by Skydiver; 18 March 2007, 01:16 PM.
              "You have earned my respect and my friendship"

"The feeling's mutual"

"Please do not be sad"
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
                I'm looking forward to season 4, not because Carter is coming to Atlantis though. I'm pleased about Weir, but I'mnot convinced that they're actually going to get rid of her...
                I doubt it. For one thing, they only have AT on contract for this year. If they get rid of Weir altogether, and then lose Sam at the end of the season, they're in trouble when Season Five rolls around.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

Originally posted by Klenotka
                  I don´t know, why to put AT into Credits, when she will be there only one year. They make mess in cast bc of her and then...she leaves. And if she is in Credits, so why her? If she will have only her ship so she should be in same position as Caldwell. Why isn´t he in Credits? Why not David Nykl like Zelenka?
                  Because TPTB feel that she will playing a big enough role to merit a place in the opening credits?

It won't be the first time somebody has been in the credits only a year - Corin Nemec, Rainbow Sun Franks and Claudia Black leap to mind so I don't see how AT will mess up the credits.

Chances are, they'll slot her either in the second spot or second from the end - ie. "with Amanda Tapping as Colonel Carter / and David Hewlett as Dr McKay" or similar - so come Season Five, if AT had second spot, they put TH back in the credits in second spot or if, for whatever reason, she doesn't come back, they move everyone else up a spot. If she's second from the end, they remove her.

Originally posted by Klenotka
                  AT is more as "support role", Joe M said. She should help do DH with technobabbles? It was part of Zelenka´s role so far. Does it mean we won´t see him too much next year? What an improvement is that for Carter? She will be same Carter like in 10 YEARS in SG1. With big difference she will have her own ship now.
                  Do you see my problem?
                  Support role is a loose enough term. If, for example, JF/Sheppard is the lead, then one could argue that all other characters have a support role. One could argue that Hammond's role was a support role.

At this point, support role could mean almost anything and we can only speculate.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                    Magic 8-ball says: Not me.
                    ditto! ive said it several times so i wont say too much but i really hate carter and shes the only reason im worried about season 4....i liked weir, especially her chemistry with shep and mckay (who has better chemistry with her over sam any day imo).

im still excited about season 4 but i wish the cast changes hadnt happened, especially sam coming over.

SIG BY MY SISTER OBSESSED1! WHEN SHEP GOES WHUMP I GO THUNK! My LJ

Comment

I'm not looking forward to Carter coming over to Atlantis. I saw her fro 10 years on Sg1. I would just like my time watching Atlantis well...be about the Atlantis characters..not resurrected Sg1 characters, no matter how 'recurring' the role.

I'm not looking forward to Weir having a reduced role either. She's been a part of Atlantis and I did like her, even though she was never really given a lot to sink her teeth into. It's going to be hard seeing her being 'replaced' or reduced. Even though its been said repeatedly it has nothing to do with Carter coming over.
                      sigpic

Comment

Never ever warmed to Weir's character and the terrible inconsitant writing for her didnt help. She was the most dissappointing character on the show for me, but I don't know how Carter will fit in either. Loved Sam in the early years of SG1 but got a bit tired of her as the years went on.

Hopefully she will peak my interest again on Atlantis.
                        sigpic

Comment

I guess I've come to like Weir a little more as Atlantis has progressed, as my tolerance for her has risen from 'absolutely despise' to 'accept though find sometimes infuriating'

There's wince-worthy instances where I've wondered on her sanity, but by the by these have fallen back a bit and I see that Weir has become a more intriguing character in the show. Though of late, I've seen her being sidelined and maligned, and come to wonder if it's even worth having her character around on the show at all. If they're not going to use her effectively, why have TPTB kept her...? What's their plan?

Perhaps the change will be a good one. I hope so. Carter, I've thoroughly enjoyed on SG-1 but I have to say, I worry about what they're going to do with her on Atlantis.

And, a part of me's sorta hoping she might end up with Jack. It's a little extreme to expect that to happen if Sam goes to Atlantis. It would stretch the term 'long distance relationship' to its limits, methinks

Capt

Comment

I really want to see Carter in Atlantis, but I don't want Weir having a reduced role either.
                            sigpic
                            Knowledge is power, but how do you use that power defines whether you are good or evil

Comment

Weir is my favorite female character in both series, so i certainly don't want to see her go. I think carter will be okay on atlantis.

Comment

I'm looking forward to Carter coming, but not necessarily Weir leaving.
                                I don't think that they are mutually exclusive characters.
                                Secretary-General of GATO ¤ Defender of F.O.R.D.

Comment

Working...
                                X