This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by J_B View Post
    Lol, once again they can't beam within the jamming range. Hence Darts are inside it, so they can't be beamed away anywhere. Even if they were, 100's are launched all around the Hive, so there would be no way to get them all out anyhow.
    Beaming technology in Promethius, Daedalus, Odessey, Corolev are little bit different then Asgard's O'Neill class.

Daedalus & etc need somekind mark of the target, that they can beam but Asgard cam beam anything anywhere when they want. Maybe that's not only difference.
    Maybe Asgard bilt our beam technology to vulnerable, just because of that. (beaming bomb's to enemy ship).
    Asgard in memoriam

Comment

Originally posted by Anubis- View Post
      Beaming technology in Promethius, Daedalus, Odessey, Corolev are little bit different then Asgard's O'Neill class.

Daedalus & etc need somekind mark of the target, that they can beam but Asgard cam beam anything anywhere when they want. Maybe that's not only difference.
      Maybe Asgard bilt our beam technology to vulnerable, just because of that. (beaming bomb's to enemy ship).
      Actually in the 304's beaming tech is exactly the same. It was only on Prometheus originally was it the weaker version.

The only difference between Asgard beaming tech & Earth tech is the sensors. The more advanced Asgard sensors can distinguish between individuals, while 304's cannot. Hence they need to tag whatever it is that they want.

From Revelations:

HEIMDALL
      I have located Thor's bio signature here.

O'NEILL
      Why don't you just beam him out?

HEIMDALL
      Although my sensors can penetrate the Goa'uld shields, my transportation device cannot.

CARTER
      Can you detect Goa'uld lifesigns as well?

HEIMDALL
      I can.
      From 'Off the Grid':

MITCHELL: We beam onto the ship, make our way into the cargo hold and tag the gates with these suckers. "He holds up a black device."

DANIEL: Locator beacons.

Daniel takes the beacon from Mitchell and examines it.

CARTER: They only operate through sub-space so they shouldn't be detected. Once we lock onto their signal, we beam back the gates, beam ourselves out and hopefully, be gone before Baal notices the difference.

MARKS: Sir, we've got a problem.

EMERSON: (into radio) Baal's shields just went back up, you're going to have to sit tight.
      The Scourge

Read the analysis of it at the bottom of the page.

This is said in the ep:

DANIEL: But they'll beam us out of here first.

CARTER: Our transmitters won't work because of the interference in the atmosphere.

DANIEL: What about our life signs?

CARTER: Because the bugs are multiplying at an alarming rate and because of the fact that we are completely surrounded, the Odyssey won't be able to pick up our individual readings inside a sea of life signs.
      Asgard beams are the exact same as the 304's, it's just the fact that they have much more advanced sensors that are able to distinguish between lifeforms. Such as how in 'New Order' Thor beamed O'Neill up instantly without them giving him an exact location. They both have the weakness that they cannot beam through shields. Other than that, nothing else.

Asgard can't get around the Wraith jammer because Hermiod couldn't do it in 'TSIII', right up until 'Allies' he was still unable to get around it. Their ships would be the exact same. The only advantage they have is better scanners, so they can get more accurate data, take it back home, then work on a way to counteract it.

Comment

someone said beaming a path through for the missiles to reach the hive

well since

Spoiler:
        given asgard knowledge, we could hopefully make a beam ray like on the beliskner, which tranported 3 hataks and jaffa

if we had that then the hive armour would just be gone and then leaving a hole on the hive where all the atmoshere will go and leave a hive dead
        sigpic

Comment

Actually in the 304's beaming tech is exactly the same. It was only on Prometheus originally was it the weaker version.

The only difference between Asgard beaming tech & Earth tech is the sensors. The more advanced Asgard sensors can distinguish between individuals, while 304's cannot. Hence they need to tag whatever it is that they want.
          From s10e01, they (mitchell) needed put on Bra'tac own mark, that Odessey can beam him out. (And that Ha'tak was no shields, war was taken them off.)

Same with Stargates, (episode, where Baal stolen it).

HEIMDALL
          I have located Thor's bio signature here.

O'NEILL
          Why don't you just beam him out?

HEIMDALL
          Although my sensors can penetrate the Goa'uld shields, my transportation device cannot.

CARTER
          Can you detect Goa'uld lifesigns as well?

HEIMDALL
          I can.
          I for got that, but Wraith did not have shields. But just like Heimdall says, it is not matter of sensors, it is beam himselfs.
          Asgard in memoriam

Comment

From s10e01, they (mitchell) needed put on Bra'tac own mark, that Odessey can beam him out. (And that Ha'tak was no shields, war was taken them off.)

Same with Stargates, (episode, where Baal stolen it).

I for got that, but Wraith did not have shields. But just like Heimdall says, it is not matter of sensors, it is beam himselfs.
            Exactly my point!

It's not the beaming tech that's better, it's simply the sensors. Asgard ones can distingish between people, lifeforms & objects while 304's cant...Simple as that!

In order for them to select targets to beam up, they need to tag them. That has nothing to do with the beaming tech or abilities though. Asgard & 304's are the same in that regard, just that humans have less advanced sensors. Therefore they need to tag whatever they want beamed up if they have to select what needs to get brought on board.

Comment

After Unending
              Spoiler:
              I think we have Asgard Sensors now

Comment

Originally posted by mikeroq View Post
                After Unending
                Spoiler:
                I think we have Asgard Sensors now
                Perhaps Odyssey has them installed, but the bridge looked untouched, so I'd doubt it for the mean time.

Although if Carter comes in a new ship, then that may have have them. However I don't really think it's too much of a problem for them the way it is just now. The main teams already have transmitters, they can't beam through shields which Asurans have, while they can't use the beaming tech when the Wraith jammer is on. Hence, having more advanced sensors really doesn't give them much that they didn't have before.

Comment

the asgaurd weapons would cut thought the hives ship like a knife and warm butter. escpsially the new toys
                  https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

I did not read full topic, but does anybody realize, that beam looks same, what Replicator ship fire Apophis mothership at season 05 episode 01?
                    Asgard in memoriam

Comment

Even if all out ships were as advanced as the Odyssey I doubt we'd be able to defeat the Wraith just yet. They had far superior ships and they were still overwhelmed. Good news is we have alot more manpower than they did.

Comment

Originally posted by immhotep View Post
                        Spoilers for 10x20:
                        Spoiler:
                        The new asgard weapons could take out an Ori ship in 6 hits, 4 to take out the shields and two to destroy the hull. Now with a hive being much larger, but unshielded i estimate it would take 4 hits to destroy a hive.
                        However with a rate of fire of 12 shots per minute, we could take on 3 hives in 1 minute. Now even at normal power source a deadalus can last 2-3 minutes under fire. With an Asgard core or a ZPM we could up that to 5-10 minute. With all three of our current deadali's upraded to the Legacy specs they would only need to take out 16 hives each to be able to destroy every wraith hive in the galaxy. If we can last even 5 minutes in battle with the wraith with all three deadali's upgraded then we could wipe out every single hive that remains in pegasus in one all out attack with reletive easy. It would take 15 minutes and three upgraded deadalus class ships towipe out the wraith. What need to do is find out exactly where all those ships are and hit them in one all out attack. If we had other deadalus classes then it would be even easier. If all three curent ships worked as a single unit they could would be able to decimate the wraith in a very short space of time.

Bottom line is that any way you spin this, the wraith are no longer a threat, the Asurians are even less of threat believe it or not:
                        Spoiler:
                        We have the Asgard database including the designs and instructions, we hope to build antireplicator satalites. Build one of those, or modify the deadalus like thor did in new order and send it to Asuris, job done. Then all wwe do is take away thier stargate so no more can come through from other planets. Then leave the satalite in orbit with a program to fire at will on everything.

Two all out offensives and the pegasus galaxy is free.
                        In my mind a single Aurora is still vastly superior to the Asgard Odyssey. It is a fact that the Lanteans had beam tech, beam tech strong enough to demolish a Hiveship w/ a single shot. Yet as far as we know they're Warship's primary weapons were Drones. We also know that Drones require markedly more power than beams, so one can't argue that beams are more power-efficient.

Therefore IMO drones are vastly superior. I think Lantean shields are the best around, since Atlantis was able to take decades of bombardment, where Odyssey was destroyed by a few mega-hits.

While Asgard tech is amazing, probably #2 in the Universe, I still think Alteran is #1, and the Asurans use Alteran tech w/ full mastery.

The Wraith are ambiguous. From what we've seen Alteran tech decimates Hiveships (their strongest known vessel). Single beam cannon shot, and single drone swarm shreds hives like tissue paper. We must assume that the Wraith either had 100's of now decommissioned Hiveships, or some kind of Warship that was decommissioned after they no longer had any technological rivals.
                        sigpic
                        "Most of our John Sheppard impressions sound more like a demented Jimmy Stewart than Joe Flanigan."
                        ~David Hewlett

Comment

I did not read full topic, but does anybody realize, that beam looks same, what Replicator ship fire Apophis mothership at season 05 episode 01?
                          Um...it was blue.
                          Secretary-General of GATO ¤ Defender of F.O.R.D.

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
                            Even if all out ships were as advanced as the Odyssey I doubt we'd be able to defeat the Wraith just yet. They had far superior ships and they were still overwhelmed. Good news is we have alot more manpower than they did.
                            Wraith are amasing fast do thing. In season 02, episode 01, they realize how stop beaming less then minute. Maybe they are able make a shield, if it is nessesary.

And Ancients got drones. And they did not defeated Wraith. I think, that new weapon can not defeat Wraith, but now we does not need to be worry, if Apollo got enemy contact.

Edit
                            And Rodney McKay need to install these weapon in Atlantis and figured how they can make work trougt chair. And also need make own defense-satelite.

And are Asgard powersource enough power to replace ZPM's on Atlantis?
                            Asgard in memoriam

Comment

I'm not sure if those weapons will really be effective against other targets.. The asgard probably figured out how to take advantage of the flactuations in the ori shields to take destabilize it (they noted the flactuations in past episodes).

From the way the ORI moships were hit, didn't look like it was just pure awesome power punching through the shield (kinda like when that ORI designed satellite hit the prometheus, or when a toilet ship fires it's primary weapon), more like it destabilized it somehow and made it loose cohesion.

The ORI most likey use different shield technology compared to the ancients / asurans..

Comment

Originally posted by funks View Post
                                I'm not sure if those weapons will really be effective against other targets.. The asgard probably figured out how to take advantage of the flactuations in the ori shields to take destabilize it (they noted the flactuations in past episodes).

From the way the ORI moships were hit, didn't look like it was just pure awesome power punching through the shield (kinda like when that ORI designed satellite hit the prometheus, or when a toilet ship fires it's primary weapon), more like it destabilized it somehow and made it loose cohesion.

The ORI most likey use different shield technology compared to the ancients / asurans..

See the episode again mate. Thor says the weapons will do the job throughout the Galaxy....Pay attention to the part about the 5th race....The ORI are more advanced than the Wraith, therefore, ....

Comment

Working...
                                X