Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

More Non US & canada personel needed (opinion)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree with Major Tyler.
    Futhermore, the Americans that I know are a very funny bunch of people, but maybe they have to be like that to live and work in Germany*lol*...
    sigpic

Peter Petrelli: What do you do with something that killed you?
    Nathan Petrelli: You could put it underneath your pillow.

Comment

Originally posted by Major Tyler View Post
      "A lot" of any nationality will be a lot of some unsavory thing or another. No nation has a monopoly on stupidity.
      Good point. I have a brittish freind who has no idea that the US was once under brittish rule.
      Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
      "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
      Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
        Good point. I have a brittish freind who has no idea that the US was once under brittish rule.
        Bloody hell!! Are you serious?!
        Secretary-General of GATO ¤ Defender of F.O.R.D.

Comment

Bloody hell!! Are you serious?!
          100%! She gets ragged on alot about that!
          Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
          "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
          Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Absolutely! It was actually encouraged so that West Germany could join NATO.
            i never haer about the german army.
            and the nato misions are mostly don by the US, britain, poland, italy, and the netherlands. some times spain, but afer the madrid bomins not so mutch animore.

france and the garmans almost never, ore did i miss someting
            sorry cant spell

Comment

Originally posted by kefke20 View Post
              i never haer about the german army.
              and the nato misions are mostly don by the US, britain, poland, italy, and the netherlands. some times spain, but afer the madrid bomins not so mutch animore.

france and the garmans almost never, ore did i miss someting
              All NATO allies (except for France) contribute to NATO missions in whatever capacity they can (functionally and politically). I think you're confusing Bush's "Coalition of the Threatened and Coerced Willing" with NATO.

Comment

All NATO allies (except for France) contribute to NATO missions in whatever capacity they can (functionally and politically). I think you're confusing Bush's "Coalition of the Threatened and Coerced Willing" with NATO.
                Not to mention that the Coalition of the Threatened and Coerced didn't move in till the US/UK forces did most of the fighting. Fox(Mexican president) scoled bush for thier attmepts to coerce Mexico. Cause of that Mexico Is never get involeved in Iraq, that and Bush gut a bucket of pee thrown at him when he went to Mexico once.
                Moral of the story, don't threaten Mexico, and bush learned that the hard way.

There have Been Mexican Nationals/citizens in NASA, why not SGA? I have seen some Argentina and Brazil patches.Mexico, Brazil and Argentina are the big nations of Latin America. They should repersented in Atlantis more than any other Latin American Nation. I would love to see some more British on the show, and at least one Russian.
                [An alarm is sounding. Harriman checks his watch as he and Siler stand, facing Ba'al's hologram.]
                HARRIMAN
                I'm sure he'll be here any second now.
                [Ba'al is obviously impatient.]
                HARRIMAN
                So, um…

Take our ships, take our toys, take our awesome alien tech... I don't care, I'm still free, you can't take Stargate from me!

Special Thanks to Elles sence this is a ripof of her great sig.

Comment

ow sorry i thagt that was the same.
                  the US start a war and drag us with it (irak)
                  (not the war on alqada, a atac on one of us is a atac on all of us)
                  sorry cant spell

Comment

Oh I don't know about that, there are plenty of NATO allies who could send combat troops to the south of Afghanistan to help out but they refuse, they seem only willing to send them to the north where it is relatively safe. Only the US, UK, Canada and Holland seem to have troops where it counts...

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
                      Oh I don't know about that, there are plenty of NATO allies who could send combat troops to the south of Afghanistan to help out but they refuse, they seem only willing to send them to the north where it is relatively safe. Only the US, UK, Canada and Holland seem to have troops where it counts...
                      it is the netherlands, holland is only a part (2 provinces) of the netherlands

you dont call sombody from taxas a yankey ore a scott a engesman.
                      sorry cant spell

Comment

ower troop thare are on a vacation in Afghanistan thay are not allod to lave the base. only the korps comando troepen see some action thare. and some times the US and the UK ask suport of ower F16, Apache and Panzerhaubitze 2000nl`s and thats all
                        Last edited by kefke20; 10 March 2007, 01:27 PM.
                        sorry cant spell

Comment

That's why I included the caveat "functionally and politically." Some member states have the functional capacity to contribute, but cannot for political reasons.

P.S. You should include the Polish in your list...proportionally they're helping out as much as any ally.

Comment

Originally posted by kefke20 View Post
                            it is the netherlands, holland is only a part (2 provinces) of the netherlands

you dont call sombody from taxas a yankey ore a scott a engesman.
                            My mistake, I never knew the difference, in the UK Holland is pretty much just used as another name for the Netherlands, espacially when we talk about football...

Comment

My mistake, I never knew the difference, in the UK Holland is pretty much just used as another name for the Netherlands, espacially when we talk about football...
                              same thing her its quit inoing
                              sorry cant spell

Comment

French troops are stationed in Afghanistan.
                                Military cooperation between the French and the U.S. Armed Forces has been going on since 9/11.

Just my two cents. And as for the French hating the Americans, I can't speak for all the frenchs, but I have many american friends, and most of the people I know have too and we all get along so well. I think it's a shame to state that every French hate the Americans. Tv doesn't always reflect reality, you guys know it as well as I do. One of the candidate who runs for Presidency is fond of America and he's likely to win. Anyway, all I'm saying is that hatred among countries isn't new, but I take into account that I'm of those who don't play around with what has been said to be the major opinion, just so I can melt in the mass. Unfortunately, that's what's been happening ever since.

"I love the americans, I hate a$$/.ZDSJ" <= My motto ^^

By the way, JM stated on his blog that "it's very possible" we'll see a french on the show. So I'm cool with it, as a proud citizen of France and as a fan of the american tv show : Stargate. But as long as this guy's not a joke.

xxxx LOL now it's gonna have to be a french redshirt ^^

Comment

Working...
                                X