Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

More Non US & canada personel needed (opinion)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kefke20 View Post
    you want to see some Flemings and no wadolonians (people from wadolnia the soudern part of belgum) how is thad.
    Flemings were the coolest people I have ever met! If I wasn't American, I'd want to be Flemish.
    They're the reason I started learning Dutch.

The Walloons were nice enough, but a bit distant toward non-francophones. Most Bruxelloise were mean to me because I don't speak French very well.
    Secretary-General of GATO ¤ Defender of F.O.R.D.

Comment

Originally posted by Major Tyler View Post
      Flemings were the coolest people I have ever met! If I wasn't American, I'd want to be Flemish.
      They're the reason I started learning Dutch.

The Walloons were nice enough, but a bit distant toward non-francophones. Most Bruxelloise were mean to me because I don't speak French very well.
      i nknow what you mean. but do you speak dutch now with a flemings acent?
      sorry cant spell

Comment

Originally posted by Bragi View Post
        The show's produced in Canada. . . . . . . . . why is it surprising to anyone here that a show produced in Canada has SHOCK mostly Canadian actors!?

Hello fandom, my name's Common Sense.
        Haven't you been reading this thread? No one is shocked that there are Canadian actors, people would just like to see more characters that aren't from either Canada or the US.

Comment

Originally posted by kefke20 View Post
          i nknow what you mean. but do you speak dutch now with a flemings acent?
          LOL, I'm pretty sure my accent is completely American, but I practiced Dutch with my Flemish friends, so it probably has a Flemish flavor.

I've noticed that the Dutch seem to enunciate more (ex. alstublieft is pronounced "all-stuub-leeft"), whereas Flemish is more rushed (ex. alstublieft is more like "ah-shu-bleef").

Comment

I'd like to see more Finns and Flemings, oh, and a couple Bulgarians.
            More Finns? Are in SGA be person from Finland? Or do you mean Finns = Finland / finnish?
            Asgard in memoriam

Comment

Originally posted by Anubis- View Post
              More Finns? Are in SGA be person from Finland? Or do you mean Finns = Finland / finnish?
              In English, "Finnish" is an adjective describing something as having qualities relating to Finland (i.e. Finnish sauna, Finnish meal, etc.). The term "Finns" is a proper noun meaning "a person from Finland."

Comment

I'm all for more non-US members. We do seem to be getting an overload of US peeps around.
                It's beer o'clock. Now where the HELL is my riot !?!

Comment

LOL, I'm pretty sure my accent is completely American, but I practiced Dutch with my Flemish friends, so it probably has a Flemish flavor.

I've noticed that the Dutch seem to enunciate more (ex. alstublieft is pronounced "all-stuub-leeft"), whereas Flemish is more rushed (ex. alstublieft is more like "ah-shu-bleef").
                  that is more depending on the Province of origon. in evry Province the dailect is difrent. im a brabander (south netherlands) so my dailect is more flemish with a soft g than hollandic dialect spoken in amsterdam.
                  and in limburg the dialect gos towrods german.
                  Last edited by kefke20; 03 March 2007, 12:06 PM.
                  sorry cant spell

Comment

I'd like to see more Finns and Flemings, oh, and a couple Bulgarians.
                    When you say "more Finns" you mean that there has been a Finlands flag in someones arm?! Which episode?!

Anyway. I wan't to see more Finnish people represented in Atlantis. Best thing would be to even include one person to actually do something for the plot, not just sit in the control room, like our loved neightbour Sweden...

Comment

Originally posted by aaobuttons View Post
                      I'm all for more non-US members. We do seem to be getting an overload of US peeps around.
                      Yeah we need more international personell if just to please the IOA and fans.
                      Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                      "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                      Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

I'd love to see a more internationalized expedition... But only if they do it right...

Somebody on here has already mentioned it, but if they use international personnel that stands around at the gate, whoever is responsible for it in production should at least bother to get the flag the right way up If they can't do that, I'd rather have all American and Canadian expedition members...
                        *Sig by the wonderful and talented Pegasus_SGA*

Comment

Originally posted by caty View Post
                          I'd love to see a more internationalized expedition...
                          Me too
                          sigpic

Comment

Whilst I can understand to a point the argument for having US military personnel, there's no real reason why the science and medical teams can't have more nationalities in it. After all that was one of the original premises of the show.
                            sigpic
                            by Kaaatie

Comment

ITA....we could start with getting Carson back, that would mean one more character that is neither Canadian nor American, hey and how about someone from Germany but this time with the flag not upside down?
                              He's like fire, ice and rage. He's like the night, and the storm in the heart of the sun.
                              He's ancient and forever. He burns at the centre of time and he can see the turn of the universe.
                              And he's wonderful.

Comment

I'd like to see a Haitian military official myself. Shoot, we could name her Sgt. Vab Erella--marine of course. I like being labeled a jarhead, better than squid!

Oh wait darn, Haitian military didn't have a marines, even though American trained and created (pretty much ) Shoot we don't even have a military, any more (not really, anyway). Okay, let's say we did have a military I'd be in the Army, because we did have that.

Are there any French military officials in Atlantis, I don't remember seeing one? I need a french speaker to communicate with. Belgian? French? French Canadian? Swiss? --for my French

Where is my Martinique , St. Lucia, Mauritius/Seychelles, Republic of Dominica? --For my creole, I need to get my groove on with my peeps. We need some Caribbean flavor (minus M/S).

I wonder if there are any other people of Caribbean descent on this board...
                                Last edited by vaberella; 05 March 2007, 08:01 AM.
                                Click statement above to read article.

Comment

Working...
                                X