• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
    See my edited post.

(And I was talking to Ltcolshepjumper)

EDIT:

Technically, that's been happening since the beginning.
    Well, thanks for answering the question.

Jesus is Lord!

Comment

Originally posted by Ltcolshepjumper View Post
      I actually think its good he pointed out that the show isn't made for the fans, but for tptb. So, irrelevant? Yes, that's what he probably believes.
      The B@B's insistence that moving AT over to SGA is a good thing and that they don't understand how anyone could object is just one obvious example of this self-serving attitude. So yeah, they can believe we're irrelevant--until they finally get it through their heads large or small that the show they're making for themselves isn't anything in which much of the rest of the world is interested.
      sigpic

"And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music."
      ~~Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

Tell me, vaberella, what WOULDN'T you like to see happen on the show? Hmm?
        Snark is dancing through my head in reply, so I won't bother.

I still say, hold out for S4 before jumping to conclusions people.
        Click statement above to read article.

Comment

Can't say I didn't see that coming.... But, hey, if you don't have an answer to that question, or the answer is really no, it's none of my business....

Jesus is Lord!

Comment

Originally posted by Cameron Mitchel View Post
            Can't say I didn't see that coming.... But, hey, if you don't have an answer to that question, or the answer is really no, it's none of my business....

No, what? To be blunt: There is nothing I wouldn't mind seeing happen. I don't waste my time being shrill and ill-informed. I'll wait until S4 presents itself, in it's possible glory, and watch.
            Click statement above to read article.

Comment

Originally posted by vaberella View Post
              No, what? To be blunt: There is nothing I wouldn't mind seeing happen. I don't waste my time being shrill and ill-informed. I'll wait until S4 presents itself, in it's possible glory, and watch.
              not wanting to see something happen is not the definition of "shrill and ill-informed". It's a natural part of human nature to have likes, dislikes, and preferences. So, if you are referring to the majority of humankind as shrill and ill-informed based on preferences, go ahead.
              Never, never, never believe any war will be smooth or easy...

... or that any man can measure the tides and hurricanes he will
              encounter on the strange journey.

Spoiler:

2 Cor. 10:3-5
              3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:
              4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds; )
              5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

Comment

Comment

not wanting to see something happen is not the definition of "shrill and ill-informed". It's a natural part of human nature to have likes, dislikes, and preferences. So, if you are referring to the majority of humankind as shrill and ill-informed based on preferences, go ahead.
                  well put. Otherwise, if you didn't have likes or dislikes, and just merrily sat there and watched anything without ever voicing a single comment, then you would be a lemming (in the terminology of having no mind)

And someone talked about producers' and upbeat videos. They're always upbeat. You're not going to see a video interview with a producer not saying how great it is. It's tv!

Comment

It was one of the MGM site videos, and they were very candid. Heck, just look at Martin Wood and his views on "Irresponsible".

Either way, the original poster asked for how Brad Wright felt about the Weir issue, and I pointed to it. I think he should watch it himself though.

Comment

Originally posted by prion View Post
                      And someone talked about producers' and upbeat videos. They're always upbeat. You're not going to see a video interview with a producer not saying how great it is. It's tv!
                      And of course he's upbeat. Other people are being canned in order to keep the franchise going, not him. He's still got a job.
                      Last edited by nonniemous; 23 February 2007, 05:24 PM.
                      sigpic

"And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music."
                      ~~Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

Originally posted by nonniemous View Post
                        And of course he's upbeat. Other people are being canned in order to keep the franchise going, not him. He's still got a job.
                        well, yeah, that's another way of looking at it....

Comment

Originally posted by vaberella View Post
                          I wish more people would just take at least one look and then say it sucks. It sounds good to me so I will indeed watch.
                          Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                          "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                          Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Cameron Mitchel View Post
                            That statement deserves green. Why everyone? Because that seems like the most realistic statement about this whole situation. Argue against me if you will, but that's the whole point to it. TPTB believe if they shuffle Carter over to SGA, then it'll boost ratings and bring more popularity to the show. I don't think that's a bad thing, but at the cost of another character?! I don't agree with that. And, the fact remains that Dr. Weir didn't have to be demoted to recurring. She didn't have to be, they wanted her to be, so they could make Carter the lead of Atlantis, putting her in the spotlight.
                            Nope. It happened the other way around.

The Weir decision came first...then later, when deciding which route to take, they went with Carter.

So, sorry to all those out there with their Carter voodoo doll in one hand and knitting needles poised to strike in the other.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan View Post

The Weir decision came first...then later, when deciding which route to take, they went with Carter.

So, sorry to all those out there with their Carter voodoo doll in one hand and knitting needles poised to strike in the other.
                              Yep. From JM's blog:
                              Jessica also writes: “Where is the logic in getting rid of two Atlantis fan favourites and risking losing their fans, just in the hope of getting a few people from SG1 to watch.”

Answer: Allow me to clear up a assumption on your part, specifically the fait accompli belief that any creative decision made with regard to Weir was a result of Carter joining the show. In fact, the opposite is true. After a decision was made with regard to Weir, we entertained a number of possibilities - three in particular come to mind. In the end, we decided on Carter because - a) it’s something we’ve wanted to do for a while, and b) her strengths and backgrounds make her well-suited to the Atlantis environment. Holding the Samantha Carter responsible for any upcoming changes would be akin to holding the Cameron Mitchell character responsible for O’Neill’s departure or blaming the General Landry character for Hammond’s exit.
                              *wondering who/what the other two possibilities were* Very glad they chose Sam/AT
                              Last edited by scarimor; 24 February 2007, 12:29 AM.
                              scarimor

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan View Post

I'm glad this news has come out. Maybe everyone will calm down a bit now now? Whatever my views were on the cast changes, NEVER have I felt anything but sympathy for AT. She's only doing her job!
                                I'm looking forward to the changes, and pray we get an exciting, dramatic and refreshed series.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X