This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cameron Mitchel View Post
    really? Cuz, I don't think I was crying because the Apollo wasn't a new class of ship. And, I'm not crying now. And, what does Star Trek have to do with anything ( no one said they wanted Atlantis to be Star Trek)? stick to the topic, please.
    I think it's very on topic...my point about star trek was that everytime theres a rumor about a new ship theres an outcry for a new class and if that happend all of a sudden you have a United Earth Star Fleet...My point with all this is the same people who want a change THAT drastic are also upset that Sam is coming to Atlantis
    McKay:...ZedPM
    O'Neill: Zed?
    Jackson: He's Canadian
    O'Neill: I'm sorry

Comment

Originally posted by All hail the USAF View Post
      I think it's very on topic...my point about star trek was that everytime theres a rumor about a new ship theres an outcry for a new class and if that happend all of a sudden you have a United Earth Star Fleet...My point with all this is the same people who want a change THAT drastic are also upset that Sam is coming to Atlantis
      Ummmm, noooooo...<confused look>. I'm upset about Carter coming over and I couldn't care less about the ships. I don't get how the two are connected.
      - Life after Stargate -
      Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
      Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by All hail the USAF View Post
        That's not true. I didn't care if Apollo was better than Daedalus. In fact, I stated it was a 304. But, I don't want Carter to be on atlantis. specifically, I don't want her to replace Weir. Her being on atlantis for 14 eps is something I could get used to. Her being commander of Atlantis is something I can't get used to.
        Never, never, never believe any war will be smooth or easy...

... or that any man can measure the tides and hurricanes he will
        encounter on the strange journey.

Spoiler:

2 Cor. 10:3-5
        3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:
        4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds; )
        5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

Comment

I noticed there are a lot of "I want, I don't want Carter tooo.....blah, blah, blah.

Just remember that the show belongs to MGM not us. What you WANT and what you DON"T WANT is irrelevant to MGM and Skiffy.

However, the huge cast changes for a show that if 4 years old is a worrisome sign. I'm glad that AT gets to work on SGA but I am concerned about the general direction of the show and story arc.

If SGA can't put together a real overall story arc there will not be a season 5.
          Grammar, Logic, Rhetoric.

Comment

Originally posted by Starxgate View Post
            I am fully expecting that Stargate Atlantis will definitely be on the same night & time as Heroes. I think that 24 will probably move its time slot because so far every since Heroes started it has been beating 24 ratings wise. 24 even had a 2 hour special & Heroes still beated it. I definitely am thinking that Sci-Fi will put Stargate Atlantis against Heroes.
            Yet 24 is still having its highest rated season ever, dispite heavier competition. The Prison Break & 24 combo also often average a better 18-49 rating than the other stations. So no, 24 isn't moving anytime soon. If Atlantis moves there, it could possibly be the worst timeslot change, ever. Heroes is the biggest Scifi audience draw since the X-Files was in its prime. Trying to compete with it is suicide.
            Music Profile: 83710 Songs --- 3714 Artists --- 7051 Albums

Comment

I hope the producers know what they are doing. But it doesn't really matter, I'll watch Season 4 anyway, I'm an Atlantis fan. As long as they don't come up with fairytale-stuff (like they did in the first half of season 10), I'll support the show, but since I'm Hungarian, I'll have no influence on ratings.

You, my American friends: please, pleeease watch the show, so that they can make a Season 5!
              sigpic

Well, not anymore... Good bye Atlantis!

Comment

I'm looking forward to season 4 more than ever. The last ep really set up some potential, imo. And it's great that Carter's going to be there.
                scarimor

Comment

Originally posted by Jackie View Post
                  I noticed there are a lot of "I want, I don't want Carter tooo.....blah, blah, blah.

Just remember that the show belongs to MGM not us. What you WANT and what you DON"T WANT is irrelevant to MGM and Skiffy.

However, the huge cast changes for a show that if 4 years old is a worrisome sign. I'm glad that AT gets to work on SGA but I am concerned about the general direction of the show and story arc.

If SGA can't put together a real overall story arc there will not be a season 5.
                  Well, of course the fans of the show are irrevelant. Mallozzi said so.

But the fact that they can't work with what they ahve and feel they must import characters from another show to boost SGA is a bad sign. The trouble is the writers, who should be replaced, not characters.

For me, SGA would be much more enjoyable without carter on it - I like the character but she does not belong on SGA - instead, we lose weir. If they can't write for weir, why should they write for carter any better? Oh wait (insert sarcasm) she'll just talk science technobabble....

Comment

Originally posted by Killdeer View Post
                    Ummmm, noooooo...<confused look>. I'm upset about Carter coming over and I couldn't care less about the ships. I don't get how the two are connected.
                    I think only fans obsessed with spaceships are concerned with the Apollo it's just another spaceship they'll probably blow up. the writers like to blow up ships in SG.

Comment

Originally posted by prion View Post
                      I think only fans obsessed with spaceships are concerned with the Apollo it's just another spaceship they'll probably blow up. the writers like to blow up ships in SG.
                      I can think of something for them to blow up! Carter! They did it with Carson. That could really shake things up in season four, bring Carter over, blow her up and let her spend the rest of the seaosn as a disembodied voice. They could get some sound-alike actress and save enough money to bring back the characters we really want to see.

That way everyone is happy, we get Weir and Carson back and they get to keep Carter at a fraction of the price!!
                      sigpic

Jack and Daniel...the old married couple.

Comment

As for anyone who agrees with TPTB's decisions and thinks this new change is good because it add "fresh blood" to the cast: Carter is NOT fresh blood; she's had 10 years and by the end of Season four, 11 years. 11 YEARS apart of the Stargate franchise. As opposeed to the SGA cast who have had at most 3 years ( two for Jason Momoa). So, tptb say there will be more character development? Really? two former cast members have already been axed without recieving proper development. Who else?
                        Last edited by Ltcolshepjumper; 23 February 2007, 09:51 AM.

Spoiler:

4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds; )
                        5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

Comment

Originally posted by Ltcolshepjumper View Post
                          As for anyone who agrees with TPTB's decisions and thinks this new change is good because it add "fresh blood" to the cast: Carter is NOT fresh blood; she's had 10 years and by the end of Season four, 11 years. 11 YEARS apart of the Stargate franchise. As opposeed to the SGA cast who have had at most 3 years ( two for Jason Momoa). So, tptb say there will be more character development? Really? two former cast members have already been axed without recieving proper development. Who else?
                          Ah but as so many are so quick to say...she's not from SGA and therefore those who primarily or only know the SGA characters only know what's been said of her or what they've seen of her the couple times she's been on SGA.

The thing is it's the best of both worlds here; meaning she's an established and popular character on SG-1, so not much time has to be spent on her backstory and she's "fresh blood" in the show and can add a new and different twist to the existing dynamic.

Amanda is excited about the prospects of thrusting Carter into an unknown scenario and seeing how she and the other characters will respond to the change in the dynamic and I and many others share her enthusiasm at the prospect.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan View Post
                            Ah but as so many are so quick to say...she's not from SGA and therefore those who primarily or only know the SGA characters only know what's been said of her or what they've seen of her the couple times she's been on SGA.

The thing is it's the best of both worlds here; meaning she's an established and popular character on SG-1, so not much time has to be spent on her backstory and she's "fresh blood" in the show and can add a new and different twist to the existing dynamic.

Amanda is excited about the prospects of thrusting Carter into an unknown scenario and seeing how she and the other characters will respond to the change in the dynamic and I and many others share her enthusiasm at the prospect.
                            No matter how you try to put it, she's not fresh blood. As well, I don't get what you mean when you say, best of BOTH worlds. And she isn't fresh blood because she's been mentioned/shown to death on SGA, so no, not fresh blood, and it isn't guaranteed that she will add a new dynamic to the show. What dynamics do you have in mind? What twist could she possibly add? Hopefully tptb are realistic and don't just make the SGA team accept and trust her commanding the city. And Amanda's excitement has nothing to do with this.

Spoiler:

Comment

Well, of course the fans of the show are irrevelant. Mallozzi said so.
                              No he didn't. He made it clear what he said...that of course fans are important but essentially that, if TPTB are set on going in a certain direction, no letter or gimmick campaign will get them to change course.
                              But the fact that they can't work with what they ahve and feel they must import characters from another show to boost SGA is a bad sign. The trouble is the writers, who should be replaced, not characters.
                              It is troubling. I think it's clear though that they're trying to tighten up the production anyway they can to keep it going. It could be incredibly cool or a big mess.
                              For me, SGA would be much more enjoyable without carter on it - I like the character but she does not belong on SGA -
                              I think that's a bit premature. We don't know whether she belongs or not. I think she could fit quite nicely but I need to see it before I can make a judgment one way or the other.
                              instead, we lose weir. If they can't write for weir, why should they write for carter any better?
                              Well first of all, they're completely different characters. That's like saying, if they can't write for Daniel then why should they write for Zelenka any better.

Also, my sense is that the writers didn't know what to do with Weir, usually giving her dialog that could have been read by pretty much anyone. Carter, being a well-rounded character, should be a lot easier for them to write for.
                              Oh wait (insert sarcasm) she'll just talk science technobabble....
                              I doubt it. She's a multifaceted character who, though I have no doubt will have a technobabble moment or two next year, it won't be her primary function. As I recall, her ability to back up McKay/Radek with the science stuff was only one of the things Joe Mallozzi said she'd be able to do there. Another was backing up Shep and his team on missions. It makes a heck of a lot more sense having someone with her extensive field experience backing them up than having Weir do it.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

No matter how you try to put it, she's not fresh blood. As well, I don't get what you mean when you say, best of BOTH worlds. And she isn't fresh blood because she's been mentioned/shown to death on SGA, so no, not fresh blood, and it isn't guaranteed that she will add a new dynamic to the show. What dynamics do you have in mind? What twist could she possibly add? Hopefully tptb are realistic and don't just make the SGA team accept and trust her commanding the city.
                                She's fresh to SGA. She'll be a new character there and therefore adds a fresh twist to the existing dynamic.

And while she's been mentioned quite a bit, she's not there yet as an entity that will regularly interact with the others. Oh and that's actually very smart of TPTB to do that. Establishing her existence and value to the expedition for the audience in advance. That way, when she does show up, it won't be quite as jarring as say having a new person appear out of nowhere and being told repeatedly how important that person has always been even though we've never seen nor heard of them.

And I don't know what she'll add until I see it. I just know that with Amanda and Carter, the potential is there.
                                And Amanda's excitement has nothing to do with this.
                                Yikes. Calm down kemosabe. I never said it did. I was only sharing the fact that the actress is excited about the potential here and that many of her fans share in that excitement. Does everything have to be a debate point?

Comment

Working...
                                X